Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 07:58 PM   #41

What am I missing here, I’ve had a Winnie Class A with a gasoline generator, a Winnie Class C with same, and now a Greyhawk with one. They’ve all worked reasonably reliably since 1998. Are they no longer putting gasoline gen sets in RV’s? I’ve had no trouble getting any of those three generators serviced by the dealers that sold them, an Onan dealer, some Ford dealers that do full RV work, good ole Camping World, and my latest is a private RV service outfit in the small town in which I live. Something is fishy with the outfit you were dealing with.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:43 PM   #42

Have the dealer put in writing that it's a time bomb etc. I'll guarantee he won't do it.
You need to find another servicing dealer.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #43

Did it come with a factory gas tank or did you install a gas tank?
Old 01-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #44

It’s all factory installed. We lived in our FW almost three years between house build and than cat 5 hurricane. I had a list of 22 repair items, from water heater to broken slide. Everything covered under after market extended warranty. Since it was big repairs I told them to replace tv antenna I ripped off and slide awning on my dime. Going to find out Monday exactly what is up.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Old 01-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #45

Wow, just got a call from dealer management. Seems there Alabama location which sells Jayco passed my post on to them. After a long and civil discussion it seems what was passed to me and how I took the ticking time bomb statement (could of been said differently). The refusal to work on it has to do with fuel line routing, lack of proper compartment sealing. They said even the Al Jayco has not seen fuel line placement like in my unit. They are contacting Jayco to question this install. So it appears my rant was not correct but how it came passed to me. With what I have been thru in the last two years (not counting my prior service experience with CW Tampa) when told about my unsafe ticking time bomb that was it. So to the gen tech I apologize. I never talked to the tech just service on what was passed to me.
Lesson learned, I should of taken a trip to dealer and had a talk with the tech before posting what was passed by phone. Even though we r back in house still getting minor stuff done daily and need to be here. I do feel way better about all the repairs being done on FW. I emailed Jayco a week ago and still waiting. It brings back service confidence when the manager calls and explains exactly what is wrong and what needs to be fixed before they will do repairs. So it does appear I might have a bad factory install.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Old 01-23-2020, 11:41 AM   #46

I just went to the dealer myself on Tuesday to have some warranty work done on my 2019 Redhawk. This might be a little long-winded but hang in there and read it, if not for anything else entertainment!

so when I got to the dealer I already knew that my service writer had left because she was not happy the way things were going. As I walked in, the place was under renovation and I noticed A lot of new faces. I was greeted by my new service writer. Who seemed very busy, so I told her to relax I’m in no hurry I’m here when you’re ready. After watching her running around frazzled for about five minutes she finally got to me and took me outside to go over my rig and my issues. She then proceeded to try and sell me maintenance work And started talking about how I should be taking care of all my seals and treat my roof and that I should let them do this service while they have my coach etc.. I explained to her that I did most of my Light maintenance myself and I was here for warranty work only. She looked at her papers and said “well your here for a refrigerator issue which has an intermittent problem and I will be charged a diagnostic fee”, and I explained to her that I already called up Norcold and had a case number because I’ve been here 3 times for the same issue that nobody could duplicate. (The refrigerator not switching over to gas when in auto mode.) then I showed her my other issue, how the awning arm seems to be popping out of place on one side only as the awning is rolling out, and she proceeded to tell me “it’s a Wear & tear item because I live in South Florida, moisture is getting in it and causing this issue”. Then she took me inside and had a charge of $490 written down and wanted me to sign for it! I said, “thanks for your time but I’m leaving”! Another person in the office, whom I’ve seen before over the last 4 years of getting my service done, said “you have a Jayco correct”, I said “yes, it has a 2 year warranty and I’ve owned it for 13 months”. And she said “his coach is still under warranty”, to my service Writer.
She said, “Oh I thought this was another brand”, (HELLO YOU WROTE DOWN JAYCO ON THE PAPERWORK YOU TOURED THE ENTIRE COACH!), then she proceeded to the back of the office and came out with the corrected paperwork AND IT STILL HAD $100 fee written on it and wanted me to initial it! So I told her “I guess you don’t understand if there is ANY charge I’m leaving”, she said, “my mistake again”, and I, myself crossed off the $100, then finally a manager came out after hearing this and walked outside and reviewed everything and said to me and the service writer, “there will be no charge especially since he has a case number from Norcold”! Also when she was reviewing my coach she took photos of every single thing and pointed out an overlay of silicone from the factory and said “you see this I have to put this on paper”! What a banana!!!!!! (Being nice here)!

I don’t want to mention the name of the dealership just yet, I want to see what happens. She could of been trained that way, was new to the industry, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt,! But I don’t think I will be returning for any service or warranty work! After 4 years of going there with my coaches, (this last one purchased from them), they may have lost my business!
Old 01-23-2020, 06:25 PM   #47

I'm old enough to remember when people actually helped one another in this country. Nowadays it seems like its how can we screw each other over the most. Sad.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:53 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnashville View Post
i'm old enough to remember when people actually helped one another in this country. Nowadays it seems like its how can we screw each other over the most. Sad.
you said it!
Old 01-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #49

Wow!!

I am on my 3rd gasoline powered generator without any problems. I’ve owned several motorcycles where I sat on the battery, straddled the fuel tank which is all sitting on top of a big air cooled engine with no problems. This scariest part is that I share the road with people like this service tech who might just have a few screws loose. 🤪🇺🇸
Old 01-25-2020, 09:54 AM   #50
Site Team

This thread is being closed at the OP's request. The problem was resolved in post #45 to the OP's satisfaction.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Closed Thread