Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2022, 11:11 AM   #1

How to autorun or autostart the BMPro application

I love the remote connectivity of BMPro, the ability to turn on/off A/C or heater remotely prior to our arrival is very convenient. We spend just about every weekend in our 5th wheel on our Ranch, we maintain it the same way we do our home; all the comforts we need are ready for when we arrive.

I've noted that the BMPro app will either crash or close, and sometimes the Android system updates. When this happens, we cannot remotely connect to the BMPro app. I'd like to improve this, have the BMPro app always auto-start after an update or a power loss. I cannot figure out how to make this happen.

Recently, we arrived to find out that our refrigerator had turned off for no apparent reason causing all of the frozen food to thaw and perishables to go bad. We'd had a very cold couple of mornings and the heater was not on, so I'm thinking this impacted the refrigerator. We have a sensor in the refrigerator, but it's no good without getting an alert and we will not get the alert if we cannot remotely connect.

Does anyone know how to set up the BMPro application to automatically run, or restart on error?
stevemcgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 11:32 AM   #2

since the last couple of updates my app has not been crashing in my Pinnacle.

Are you running the latest BmPro Jaycommand version, also can you turn auto updates off?

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 11:43 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I will need to check on the version. I'd assumed that we have the latest version, as I also assume that the last update was possibly the cause for losing remote connectivity. However, just this past weekend after restarting the app on arrival, the app lost remote connectivity during our stay and I had to start the BMPro app. There was no error or indication on the screen to help understand why the app wasn't running.

I will turn-off the auto-update feature, I saw someone recommending that in another thread. I also saw a YouTube video that recommended disabling apps that you do not need on the Android console itself; this makes sense, I really only expect to use the BMPro application.

We still need to have the BMPro application start automatically on system startup, that's the only way we'll be able to handle a power outage. I cannot figure out how to make this configuration setting on the Android system.
stevemcgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemcgregory View Post
Thanks for the reply. I will need to check on the version. I'd assumed that we have the latest version, as I also assume that the last update was possibly the cause for losing remote connectivity. However, just this past weekend after restarting the app on arrival, the app lost remote connectivity during our stay and I had to start the BMPro app. There was no error or indication on the screen to help understand why the app wasn't running.

I will turn-off the auto-update feature, I saw someone recommending that in another thread. I also saw a YouTube video that recommended disabling apps that you do not need on the Android console itself; this makes sense, I really only expect to use the BMPro application.

We still need to have the BMPro application start automatically on system startup, that's the only way we'll be able to handle a power outage. I cannot figure out how to make this configuration setting on the Android system.
Good to hear I am not the only one wrestling with the same issue. I am not sure that the update thing is causing the problem as it will do this at odd times as you mentioned. Of course, the loss of power to the fridge is not BMPRO connected. Ours, when not traveling, sits at the farm, about 4-500 feet away, and I can monitor/play with it via the cloud. The phone App will decide not to connect at times, and it can be a number of things, one being the tablet has dropped JayCommand and a simple fix. Sometimes it will refuse to connect, very seldom, using Wi-Fi and still connected to the JayCommand. First time I scratched my head for 2 days, and finally did a delete all data, reconnected, and all good. It has done this a couple of times since. Having said that, the Bluetooth has been flawless, until this trip we are on, and it would not connect to the phone to raise/level the legs. A few minutes later it was back and has been good. I have also found, when at a campground and connected to their Wi-Fi via Winegard, sometimes the phone will drop the Wi-Fi signal, and you are toast. Another time this past August at Williamsburg, it dropped the signal while driving out to eat dinner and then picked up the camp's signal on the way out with the same result, even though the camper was connected to the same signal, but through Winegard. Of course, Winegard has stopped working now, so unable to switch between wi-Fi/4G. It is going in for warranty work next week, so maybe a good thing it quit now. I have a phone number for BMPRO domestically that someone shared a while ago but have not taken the time to call them. It is 574-322-4934.

BTW- We have two small toy Poddles, so I worry about it as well.
Also, with the camper being just a little too far from the router at the house, I installed an extender which works well, however, it renamed itself during the setup process. Sometimes I walk out there with the phone, and then later the App will not work! Yes, the phone has connected itself to the renamed extender, so no JayCommand until I physically change it back to the home network. Crazy stuff. We are at the KOA in Lexington, VA this week. The Campground advertises basic and no high-speed internet. I have yet to connect to it, so no Wi-Fi or 4G because of the broken Winegard. I am using the phone hot spot, but of course, no connection to the camper via the cloud.