Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2022, 06:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigBU View Post
Is responding to your own post bad etiquette? ...
LOL. Is coming up with ideas bad etiquette? I would say absolutely not.

Quote:
... I wonder what the prevailing opinion is of replacing the feet on the front two landing gear with heavy duty dual wheel casters. I think the feet come off rather easy and for moving it around on the smooth garage floor, replace the feet with casters, lower the front landing gear all the way to lower side loading and see how easy it is to nudge it into place. Maybe use the rear hitch as an attachment place to nudge it into place with the tractor once it is in the garage.
First off, I have never done this, so I have no idea if it will work or not. I could be wrong, but I think that moving / nudging 15,000 lbs around is not going to be easy. And, probably even scarier is, that if you get it moving, and wanted to stop, you might have an issue getting it shut down in time, before running into a wall.

I have a 4,000 lb enclosed cargo trailer, and I plan on "wiggling" it into place with this trailer moving thingy, which is rated to do the job:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B099HVSL...t_details&th=1

I haven't had an opportunity to use it yet, because the trailer is out on loan at the moment, but this trailer is hard to "nudge" when I'm hooking up, so I wonder how successful I will be in the end?

So, in answer to your question about etiquette, I'll pose another question.
Is it bad etiquette to give advice, if you don't have first hand personal experience? Maybe. But, you asked for advice, and I thought that thru, and my advice is, I probably wouldn't try that, or I don't think that it would work all that well. Maybe others that have actually tried it/done it will chime in.

At any rate, good luck in finding a solution that works for you!!
Old 04-19-2022, 08:35 AM   #22

If you want to die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
How do you think it would work pushing an Eagle RSTS up a 25' 7 degree driveway" And does it balance well when turning very sharp??
7 degrees?

If you have a death wish.

Don't forget to video it for the post mortem.

2010 Eagle 256 RKS
2018 F150 SCREW Shortbed with 3.5L TT
From Cheyenne, Wyoming
Markomyt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markomyt1 View Post
7 degrees?

If you have a death wish.

Don't forget to video it for the post mortem.
the reason i asked is because TRAX builds one that can. Their's ties into the trailer brake system and brakes via the remote control and claims the motor can push up to 13K on 7 degree incline. They also tie into the two front jacks for lateral support and can turn the trailer 90 degrees.. pretty impressive, but not worth the 6K price tag... for me anyway.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:33 PM   #24

Checking it out

Thanks for that.

I'll have to look it up. I guess there is always a solution for everything!
This seems well thought out!

2010 Eagle 256 RKS
2018 F150 SCREW Shortbed with 3.5L TT
From Cheyenne, Wyoming
Markomyt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 04:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Is responding to your own post bad etiquette? I wonder what the prevailing opinion is of replacing the feet on the front two landing gear with heavy duty dual wheel casters. I think the feet come off rather easy and for moving it around on the smooth garage floor, replace the feet with casters, lower the front landing gear all the way to lower side loading and see how easy it is to nudge it into place. Maybe use the rear hitch as an attachment place to nudge it into place with the tractor once it is in the garage.
I’d be concerned with side loading the landing gear. Unless you do some low resistance rollers like big tires, I’d think you’d be risking damage to the units themselves and the frame mounting points, they’re not made to take load in that direction.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote