Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 3,061
How to use my Airxcel thermostat

On the cool setting ( we are in an area that it get hot in the early morning) what setting to use to make it come , we know to put it on auto but to come on in the early morning, what numbers setting to put it on?
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS 5th Wheel
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Topperace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Livingston
Posts: 307
I don't think there is a timing/scheduling option for Airxcel Thermostats...I looked for that when I changed mine out for one of their Bluetooth version sthermostat, but even that one only connects to WIFI/Iphone APP to set the temp/mode, but no "schedule" function...

What model Thermostat do you have? Because if it is programmable, I want one ...
__________________
S&T
2019 NP 383FKWS
2019 RAM 3500 DRW
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Radar57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Avon
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
On the cool setting ( we are in an area that it get hot in the early morning) what setting to use to make it come , we know to put it on auto but to come on in the early morning, what numbers setting to put it on?
Not sure I understand what you are asking Selecting the thermostat to AUTO (either heat or cool) means the fan only runs when the A/C or heat is running. If it is getting too hot, lower the desired temp setting. Other than that it's a "dumb" (non-smart) thermostat.
__________________
Keith and Lisa Ward
2019 Pinnacle 36FBTS
2021 Ford F350 XLT CC LB DRW 6.7L Diesel
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 3,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperace View Post
I don't think there is a timing/scheduling option for Airxcel Thermostats...I looked for that when I changed mine out for one of their Bluetooth version sthermostat, but even that one only connects to WIFI/Iphone APP to set the temp/mode, but no "schedule" function...

What model Thermostat do you have? Because if it is programmable, I want one ...
I'm not sure but I have a 2019 Jayco 321 rsts so I guess a up to date one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
Not sure I understand what you are asking Selecting the thermostat to AUTO (either heat or cool) means the fan only runs when the A/C or heat is running. If it is getting too hot, lower the desired temp setting. Other than that it's a "dumb" (non-smart) thermostat.

Lol, yeah I guess that it is what it is.
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS 5th Wheel
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Georgetown, MA
Posts: 281
If you want to be able to program it, replace it with this: https://www.microair.net/products/ea...32199143555156

Wire for wire compatible, I put one in last night in about fifteen minutes.
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 3,061
Wow, this is great can you take some pics of your install and how easy was it to install?
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS 5th Wheel
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Georgetown, MA
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Wow, this is great can you take some pics of your install and how easy was it to install?
I will try to post something tomorrow. The existing one just pulls up and off and has something like eight color coded wires. I just moved the wires one at a time to the new one and then screwed it to the wall.
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:13 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Georgetown, MA
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Wow, this is great can you take some pics of your install and how easy was it to install?
Here is the original thermostat:



To remove it just push up on the bottom and it slides up and off. Here are the wires on the back:



The wires are held in by spring clips, you just push on the little squares with a small screw driver and pull each wire out.

Here is the back of the new thermostat, it has the same kind of spring clips and I just moved the wires over one at a time to the new thermostat, they go in the same order. Move them one at a time so you don't lose track of what goes where, it is a good idea to take a picture first too.



You have to remove the two mounting screws from the original thermostat that were arrayed vertically and put in the two new screws arrayed horizontally and then the thermostat snaps on.

Here is the thermostat (middle row right) mounted in my control center.

Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 11:58 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 3,061
Wow, thank you so so much this will be going on the top of my list I really apperciated this. So once you order it how long did it take to come in the mail?

I send myself an email with the link also.
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS 5th Wheel
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Georgetown, MA
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Wow, thank you so so much this will be going on the top of my list I really apperciated this. So once you order it how long did it take to come in the mail?

I send myself an email with the link also.
If you buy it from Microair they ship it right away and then it is just a matter of what shipping speed you select/pay for. I think I got mine in around 3 days.
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:54 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 3,061
Okay sound good, I was telling my wife about it but I didn't tell her the price, I figure that once she see it she will love it and want ask the price, lol.
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS 5th Wheel
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.