Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #1

How to use my Airxcel thermostat

On the cool setting ( we are in an area that it get hot in the early morning) what setting to use to make it come , we know to put it on auto but to come on in the early morning, what numbers setting to put it on?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #2

I don't think there is a timing/scheduling option for Airxcel Thermostats...I looked for that when I changed mine out for one of their Bluetooth version sthermostat, but even that one only connects to WIFI/Iphone APP to set the temp/mode, but no "schedule" function...

What model Thermostat do you have? Because if it is programmable, I want one ...
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
On the cool setting ( we are in an area that it get hot in the early morning) what setting to use to make it come , we know to put it on auto but to come on in the early morning, what numbers setting to put it on?
Not sure I understand what you are asking Selecting the thermostat to AUTO (either heat or cool) means the fan only runs when the A/C or heat is running. If it is getting too hot, lower the desired temp setting. Other than that it's a "dumb" (non-smart) thermostat.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperace View Post
I don't think there is a timing/scheduling option for Airxcel Thermostats...I looked for that when I changed mine out for one of their Bluetooth version sthermostat, but even that one only connects to WIFI/Iphone APP to set the temp/mode, but no "schedule" function...

What model Thermostat do you have? Because if it is programmable, I want one ...
I'm not sure but I have a 2019 Jayco 321 rsts so I guess a up to date one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
Not sure I understand what you are asking Selecting the thermostat to AUTO (either heat or cool) means the fan only runs when the A/C or heat is running. If it is getting too hot, lower the desired temp setting. Other than that it's a "dumb" (non-smart) thermostat.

Lol, yeah I guess that it is what it is.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #5

If you want to be able to program it, replace it with this: https://www.microair.net/products/ea...32199143555156

Wire for wire compatible, I put one in last night in about fifteen minutes.
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #6

Wow, this is great can you take some pics of your install and how easy was it to install?
Old 09-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Wow, this is great can you take some pics of your install and how easy was it to install?
I will try to post something tomorrow. The existing one just pulls up and off and has something like eight color coded wires. I just moved the wires one at a time to the new one and then screwed it to the wall.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Here is the original thermostat:

To remove it just push up on the bottom and it slides up and off. Here are the wires on the back:

The wires are held in by spring clips, you just push on the little squares with a small screw driver and pull each wire out.

Here is the back of the new thermostat, it has the same kind of spring clips and I just moved the wires over one at a time to the new thermostat, they go in the same order. Move them one at a time so you don't lose track of what goes where, it is a good idea to take a picture first too.

You have to remove the two mounting screws from the original thermostat that were arrayed vertically and put in the two new screws arrayed horizontally and then the thermostat snaps on.

Here is the thermostat (middle row right) mounted in my control center.

Old 09-13-2020, 11:58 PM   #9

Wow, thank you so so much this will be going on the top of my list I really apperciated this. So once you order it how long did it take to come in the mail?

I send myself an email with the link also.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Wow, thank you so so much this will be going on the top of my list I really apperciated this. So once you order it how long did it take to come in the mail?

I send myself an email with the link also.
If you buy it from Microair they ship it right away and then it is just a matter of what shipping speed you select/pay for. I think I got mine in around 3 days.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:54 PM   #11

Okay sound good, I was telling my wife about it but I didn't tell her the price, I figure that once she see it she will love it and want ask the price, lol.