Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
Have an Eagle 317RLOK with 4 point leveling system. Save your money, the LCI leveling isn't that great. I've had the dealer reset mine several times because the water in the shower puddles to one end. No mater what they seem to do it still puddles in the same area. When I put a level on the main floor it shows high towards the front, the same for the upper floor and the shower floor. Also found that in some spaces the auto level will take the tires off the ground which causes the FW to become a little unstable. To avoid this condition I've found that I need to level side to side with leveling plates before ever pushing the auto level button.

Had trouble one time with a default message and then I read on the forum to never start out with your front landing legs no more than 6 holes up and its worked flawless since.
camjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #22

I just purchases a 2019 321 RSTS. We have used the auto level about 10 times. Flawless. It’s easy to use. I had to reset the level since it was a bit off from the factory but that was a simple matter of leveling it manually then pushing the reset button. I would buy the option again. ��
DavidSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #23

We have a 2017 HT (see my sig) with auto level. Don't leave home without it.
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:15 AM   #24

We have a 2018 28.5RSTS with auto-level, and have absolutely LOVED this option. Like others have said, press a button and walk away. When the camping vacation is done, pressing the hitch height button to get your rig at the right height is sweet. Is it necessary? No. But it sure makes life that much more carefree when setting up and departing.
18EHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:34 PM   #25

Leveling system

We have a 2018 eagle ht 27.5 rlts, we got the auto leveling system. Its the best option we added when we ordered our rig. We've had zero problems and love the convenience. I highly recommend it.
Acaltag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
Have an Eagle 317RLOK with 4 point leveling system. Save your money, the LCI leveling isn't that great. I've had the dealer reset mine several times because the water in the shower puddles to one end. No mater what they seem to do it still puddles in the same area. When I put a level on the main floor it shows high towards the front, the same for the upper floor and the shower floor. Also found that in some spaces the auto level will take the tires off the ground which causes the FW to become a little unstable. To avoid this condition I've found that I need to level side to side with leveling plates before ever pushing the auto level button.
We found that if the site is very unlevel, we put leveling blocks under the tires that would end up off the ground, then use the auto level. It works great and our unit is completely level.
Acaltag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #27

I took possession of our 30.5 earlier this year and I did not get the auto level option. I regret that decision. Will it be as effective as an add on? What is the brand and model? Thanks for any advice.
ZooSax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #28

Thumbs up Only way to go!

Our 5th wheel has the 6 point system and as long as you follow directions, Use some leveling blocks under the tires to get close to level side to side and have some good batteries...….it's great. They do draw a lot of power and if you have low batteries, it's not so good.

As a precaution I usually put a couple of leveling blocks under each jack just to be on the safe side, you don't want to run out of stroke if the ground is unlevel. Unhook from the truck and push the button, sweet! While it's leveling, I hook up the water, sewer etc. and listen for the beep when it's finished. Then it's Miller time, not really. The wife usually fixes me a Margarita! That's roughing it!
Old 09-29-2018, 08:34 PM   #29

We have finally learned to use our LCI autolevel system.
For a while it was a headache, but learned (thru this forum) that battery level is critical. Ours is a 6 point system (middle unit stabilizers) and is on a 2016 Northpoint REQS 316 fifthwheel.

DO make sure you have ample power (don't let the voltage drop below 12.5, if you do, you will have the system power down in middle of procedure and get a fault message, and have to reset the system). I sometimes have to level it short spurts, lowering front jacks in short spurts, etc. And before hitting autolevel, let the batteries build up. Some have suggested leaving unit plugged in to truck after disconnecting and pulling forward out of way of camper, many have suggested using really good batteries.

Like others said, DO make sure the front of camper is slightly above level before hitting AutoLevel (this helps insure enough stroke).

Like others said, DO use pads below feet before down jacks and AutoLevel so that you don't run out of stroke, and to just be more stable.

Once we learned all this, and how to 'reset' the AutoLevel feature (dropping all jacks at least 6-8 inches, then retracting all, which I've had to do several times), we haven't had any problems.

And also, super unlevel locations, by their nature, will give you problems, so just expect them. I have the hardest time guessing how many pads to put on each side of feet before Autolevel. And on occasion just backed out of Autolevel and went to manual mode.

BUT still would not do without an autolevel system.

All above is just my 2 cents worth.
DamonBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:53 PM   #30

Learned the Hard Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonBecky View Post
We have finally learned to use our LCI autolevel system.
For a while it was a headache, but learned (thru this forum) that battery level is critical. Ours is a 6 point system (middle unit stabilizers) and is on a 2016 Northpoint REQS 316 fifthwheel.

DO make sure you have ample power (don't let the voltage drop below 12.5, if you do, you will have the system power down in middle of procedure and get a fault message, and have to reset the system). I sometimes have to level it short spurts, lowering front jacks in short spurts, etc. And before hitting autolevel, let the batteries build up. Some have suggested leaving unit plugged in to truck after disconnecting and pulling forward out of way of camper, many have suggested using really good batteries.

Like others said, DO make sure the front of camper is slightly above level before hitting AutoLevel (this helps insure enough stroke).

Like others said, DO use pads below feet before down jacks and AutoLevel so that you don't run out of stroke, and to just be more stable.

Once we learned all this, and how to 'reset' the AutoLevel feature (dropping all jacks at least 6-8 inches, then retracting all, which I've had to do several times), we haven't had any problems.

And also, super unlevel locations, by their nature, will give you problems, so just expect them. I have the hardest time guessing how many pads to put on each side of feet before Autolevel. And on occasion just backed out of Autolevel and went to manual mode.

BUT still would not do without an autolevel system.

All above is just my 2 cents worth.
Sounds like we both learned how to use the system the same way with a few hard knocks along the way. I was pretty unhappy a couple of times but kept studying and learning and am very happy with the system now.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:12 PM   #31

Do you leave your unit plugged in to power while not in use? Can damage batteries. ?

I have a 387rdfs 2017 north pointe and just found out today same thing. If batteries go low auto level will go into fault. Question do you leave your unit plugged in while not in use. Camping world employee told me to unplug it so battery will not continue to charge? Overcharge will damage batteries ? Can you run off shore power without batteries ? Can the trailer function on plug power if batteries are out ?
finejade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 04:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by finejade7 View Post
I have a 387rdfs 2017 north pointe and just found out today same thing. If batteries go low auto level will go into fault. Question do you leave your unit plugged in while not in use. Camping world employee told me to unplug it so battery will not continue to charge? Overcharge will damage batteries ? Can you run off shore power without batteries ? Can the trailer function on plug power if batteries are out ?
You should always have the trailer plugged in! The modern converter/chargers are multiple stage now and do not cook the batteries. No, the converter will not power large loads without the batteries. Keep it plugged in or on solar.

The leveling system is 12v electric and very high amp draw. I recommend plugging the trailer in before leveling it to help the batteries out.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:23 AM   #33

Thumbs up Supposed to be Smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
You should always have the trailer plugged in! The modern converter/chargers are multiple stage now and do not cook the batteries. No, the converter will not power large loads without the batteries. Keep it plugged in or on solar.

The leveling system is 12v electric and very high amp draw. I recommend plugging the trailer in before leveling it to help the batteries out.

Earl
Our North Point has a "Smart" converter/charger and if I remember right it has 3 different charging levels, one being a battery maintainer. Should be OK to leave it plugged in. Ours came with a manual for the converter which actually had a lot of information (not the Jayco Manual that comes with the RV).
Old 09-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #34

Mine stays plugged in all the time. The only time it's not connected is when I'm towing. I've never had a battery issue. At home we have garage for the camper with the same power connection as a campground. The new power converters will take care of the battery. The other post are correct. The first thing on the list for troubleshooting the Auto Level is are the batteries fully charged? I usually connect to power before I hit the auto level button.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #35

We have a 27.5 RLTS with the leveling system.

Let's just say that it's much cheaper than couple's therapy, and works great!

My only complaint is that the rear jacks are rather low to the ground when fully retracted. They flipped the axle/springs, but it is still a lot closer to the ground than I would prefer.

-Jeff
Fratzba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #36

We have a 2017 29.5 FBDS with the auto leveling system. I went back and forth about ordering it because of the cost. After using the system for two years I can tell you that I am happy with the decision that we purchased it. We spent a few years in an old motorhome where we had to level the rig manually and it was always a pain. With the ease of use, the auto leveling system helps my wife get involved and makes it one less job for me to do. Yes it does have some quirks. Sometimes the system wants to raise the wheels off the ground and send it to the moon. Usually if that’s going to happen I run the system manually and can get it level very easy. There is a scale in the digital readout (+or - degrees) that says how much angle and how much tilt there is. You can control them separately on the keypad and get it zeroed in. Like others have said the second air conditioner the 50 amp circuit and the auto level for me are a must have and would definitely do them again.
Enjoy.
Al
Lazyl is offline   Reply With Quote