Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #1

Hydraulic jacks on northpoint coming

I just was at the jayco factory and I saw the north point and pinnacle have the hydraulic jacks now coming this year . About time I would say
csper29605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csper29605 View Post
I just was at the jayco factory and I saw the north point and pinnacle have the hydraulic jacks now coming this year . About time I would say
That always seems to happen just after you buy one
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:52 AM   #3

Yes it is.. always that way and love the farmhouse feel as well
Old 08-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #4

The salesman at Haylett RV did a great video capturing many of the updates for the 2020 Jayco, including the farmhouse edition and the hydraulic leveling system.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #5

Ohhh that’s cool I will watch
Old 08-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #6

Hydraulic leveling sounds like the way to go on the heavy fifth wheels such as the Seismic. Hopefully they have no issues in the 1st year of release. For our lighter North Point, the electric leveling has worked nicely so far. I have more concern over the slide out mechanisms. Hydraulic slides could be Jayco's next consideration if the hydraulic leveling system does well.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #7

That could be good and bad, I would dread a leak in my garage. The only issue I’ve had with my electric jacks was my own fault and that was starting auto level nose down.
On the good side it looks like they went back to a white exterior unless that’s the lighting.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #8

They will use the proven Lippert Level-up. Excellent system. Had it installed aftermarket by Lippert on my previous trailer. The electric does ok but I definitely rather have the hydros.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:45 AM   #9
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
They will use the proven Lippert Level-up. Excellent system. Had it installed aftermarket by Lippert on my previous trailer. The electric does ok but I definitely rather have the hydros.

Earl

Why do you prefer hydro? Just curious. My first camper, though several year ago had hydro and I did not like it. Aside from the leaks it really struggled. I can see the benefit in getting away from electric due to amp draw related faults.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk View Post
Why do you prefer hydro? Just curious. My first camper, though several year ago had hydro and I did not like it. Aside from the leaks it really struggled. I can see the benefit in getting away from electric due to amp draw related faults.
Faster, stronger, more reliable and quieter. Hydro slides are better as well. Never had any issues with leaks on any of my RVs with hydro. Even the lady prefers hydros. The Jayco is the first I've own anything with electric slides and jacks. I did pull most of my leveling hydros off my previous unit to throw on this Jayco if I see fit to do so. Pro hydros here!

Earl
Old 08-10-2019, 06:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk View Post
If your hydro system struggled, something was wrong with it. Undersized power leads, weak hydro pump, weak hydro motor, pitted reversible solenoid, weak/pitted auto circuit breaker, bad or undersized batteries, bad spool valve. Hydros should be fast and strong. Should lift a heavy large coach with ease.

Earl
Old 08-10-2019, 06:29 AM   #12

Understanding options are good. Just don't restrict me in my choice.

Were full-timers and often camp in below freezing temps. My electric rams perform great. Except for my knowledge of operation, the electric system we have has never given me any reason to change. I have read that hydro systems have issues with colder temps? Erratic movement. leaks and total failure has moved me to choose the electric system over the hydraulic systems.

Air shocks to Timbrens. Hydraulic to electric.

Be prepared for Murphy's law. If it can fail it will fail.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Understanding options are good. Just don't restrict me in my choice.

Were full-timers and often camp in below freezing temps. My electric rams perform great. Except for my knowledge of operation, the electric system we have has never given me any reason to change. I have read that hydro systems have issues with colder temps? Erratic movement. leaks and total failure has moved me to choose the electric system over the hydraulic systems.

Air shocks to Timbrens. Hydraulic to electric.

Be prepared for Murphy's law. If it can fail it will fail.

On hydros you use different fluids for extreme cold. Takes care of it.

FYI, your electric system can have failures and total failure as well. Controller, pad, wiring, motors, jacks, sensors. Any of that could fail at anytime. Neither system is except from issues. Just like anything else on the planet.

Reading about and actually owning/using something aren't the same. That's why I give this electric system a try instead of installing my hydros off the lot. I spent weeks reading all the bad on the electric system. Even on this forum there is a lot not happy with the electric system. Mine works and actually surprised me that it is decent. Is it awesome, no. Does it work, yes. Would I'd rather have hydros, oh my yes. Hydros on leveling and slides is my choice but Jayco made the choice for me. The no hydros actually was the only issue that delayed me on ordering my Jayco. I spent weeks pondering it.

Earl