Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2020, 01:10 AM   #1

I did the first step on adding a Washer and Dryer today

I have being searching over and over and have being looking at tons of YouTube video on how to drill the hole for the vent and I finally did it today, it turn out prefect, if there is such a word.

I will be going out sometime this week maybe and to purchase the Vented Splendid 2100XC, they gave me some money and some camping world gift card and I will add some more money so I can go out and get it now.

The wife and I talk about this for a while now, when we go camping for about over a week or two we want have to go to those laundry mats. So here some pics of what I did today the hardest part was drilling the 4" hole but after that it went pretty well.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3477.JPG   DSCN3478.JPG   DSCN3480.JPG   DSCN3481.JPG   DSCN3483.JPG  

DSCN3486.JPG   DSCN3488.JPG   DSCN3489.JPG   DSCN3490.JPG   DSCN3493.JPG  

Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:35 AM   #2

That’s awesome, must have been terrifying when the drill first touched the panel!
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:36 AM   #3

Glad to see your sticker wasn't at any structural supports. I have seen a few who drilled where the sticker was placed and hit them. That's my biggest fear! This is an upgrade we are eventually going to do. May come sooner rather than later as life has thrown us a curve ball.

2020 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK
2017 Ram 2500 HD 6.4L Hemi
ScubaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:42 AM   #4

We are on our 3rd Splendide. The first one I installed myself in a diesel motor home. It was scary drilling the hole but hit it just right. There were no markings, I had to call Monaco and use measurements they gave me. The last 2 have been done by the dealers. It costs a little more but if they make a mistake it's on them.

My wife would not be without one. When we do our month long trips going to a laundromat is the last thing we want to do. Just remember this is not your home washer. It will wash your clothes just as well but in smaller loads. Drying will take longer since you working with a 110 volt dryer, not 220 or gas like at home. Some express frustrations with them because they want it work like the home set. Not going to happen. A stacked set would be better with a separate dryer but they take up more room and add more weight. We really like ours.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #5

Nice job Big1
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #6

Nice job! I know that you have been sweating this for a while, but you will really appreciate having the machines. Joan says she'd be buying another stix and brix without them. I'd miss her.

No what to do with those quarters....
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #7

That’s the hardest step to do! Good job Big1.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
That’s awesome, must have been terrifying when the drill first touched the panel!
Ahh man you know it, it was very terrifying but after I drill if felt like a ton of weight fell off my shoulder.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I have being searching over and over and have being looking at tons of YouTube video on how to drill the hole for the vent and I finally did it today, it turn out prefect, if there is such a word.

I will be going out sometime this week maybe and to purchase the Vented Splendid 2100XC, they gave me some money and some camping world gift card and I will add some more money so I can go out and get it now.

The wife and I talk about this for a while now, when we go camping for about over a week or two we want have to go to those laundry mats. So here some pics of what I did today the hardest part was drilling the 4" hole but after that it went pretty well.
Good job there Big1........it’s about time! Lol

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDude View Post
Glad to see your sticker wasn't at any structural supports. I have seen a few who drilled where the sticker was placed and hit them. That's my biggest fear! This is an upgrade we are eventually going to do. May come sooner rather than later as life has thrown us a curve ball.

Yeah, I did a lot of research on it I even got with cs at Jayco and had them to send me the diagram so I knew what were there, hoping that they didn't make a mistake and send me something else.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
We are on our 3rd Splendide. The first one I installed myself in a diesel motor home. It was scary drilling the hole but hit it just right. There were no markings, I had to call Monaco and use measurements they gave me. The last 2 have been done by the dealers. It costs a little more but if they make a mistake it's on them.

My wife would not be without one. When we do our month long trips going to a laundromat is the last thing we want to do. Just remember this is not your home washer. It will wash your clothes just as well but in smaller loads. Drying will take longer since you working with a 110 volt dryer, not 220 or gas like at home. Some express frustrations with them because they want it work like the home set. Not going to happen. A stacked set would be better with a separate dryer but they take up more room and add more weight. We really like ours.

The wife suggest that we get one a few time when we was camping we had to use the laundry mat there and we didn't like doing that. It's wasn't all of that, didn't know whether it would clean our clothes or not so this time we can throw some cloth in and leave it.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Nice job Big1
Thank you sir, I went to camping world today and pick up a washer and dryer the 2100xc, and with my Good Sam membership and my military and they also had them on sell so yeah it was great. Now I just need to get out to my storage and put it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Nice job! I know that you have been sweating this for a while, but you will really appreciate having the machines. Joan says she'd be buying another stix and brix without them. I'd miss her.

No what to do with those quarters....
Angus
Thank you and yes I was sweating big time, I'm glad it's over now.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
That’s the hardest step to do! Good job Big1.

Yes, and I am so glad I went today and bought my washer and dryer so soon I will be going out and install it thank you.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Sorry Big 1........was trying to start a new thread

Way to ruin someone’s thread Jack! Must be old age setting in! [emoji23] Hope your healthy & doing well brother!
Old 06-23-2020, 05:40 PM   #15

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Way to ruin someone’s thread Jack! Must be old age setting in! [emoji23] Hope your healthy & doing well brother!
Yes Dan.........as my late father in law used to say.

I believe I have old timers........

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Yes Dan.........as my late father in law used to say.

I believe I have old timers........

LOL, I know the feeling but the other option is?
Old 06-24-2020, 04:52 AM   #17

Quote:

I agree Jim. My 2100XC will be 10 years old in august and it still works great. I did start using 4 dryer balls in it a few years back and that helps a lot on the drying. Would I get another one? I would never buy an RV without one. Of course I full time so......

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I agree Jim. My 2100XC will be 10 years old in august and it still works great. I did start using 4 dryer balls in it a few years back and that helps a lot on the drying. Would I get another one? I would never buy an RV without one. Of course I full time so......

Yep, I would agree I'm kind of new at this and I'm finding out some great tips and after having gone out a few times on long trip and using the laundry mats at the campsite seem kind of sketchy.

I haven't install the washer and dryer yet but I'm hoping to soon, before our next outing. I have learned a lot since I've in rving, like we only had one a/c on our last fiver so I know to go with two a/c so I'm learning about a washer and dryer.

I think that this will make life a little easier, I ask the stealer ( dealer ) how much will it cost to put one in and they told me $2,200.00 plus tax. Well I'm ahead already I got everything I needed to install and get a washer dryer for about $1,200.00.

And that's is with the vent kit and the bracket the hold the washer and dryer down to the floor, so yeah I have save a lot of money just doing it myself.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Yep, I would agree I'm kind of new at this and I'm finding out some great tips and after having gone out a few times on long trip and using the laundry mats at the campsite seem kind of sketchy.

I haven't install the washer and dryer yet but I'm hoping to soon, before our next outing. I have learned a lot since I've in rving, like we only had one a/c on our last fiver so I know to go with two a/c so I'm learning about a washer and dryer.

I think that this will make life a little easier, I ask the stealer ( dealer ) how much will it cost to put one in and they told me $2,200.00 plus tax. Well I'm ahead already I got everything I needed to install and get a washer dryer for about $1,200.00.

And that's is with the vent kit and the bracket the hold the washer and dryer down to the floor, so yeah I have save a lot of money just doing it myself.
That's a good price. Our dealer charged us $1400 which I thought was fair. I think he got us on the ac/heat pump exchange to the low profile versions though. We had to have them to get it in our 13' 6" door opening so kind of took it the chin with that part of the deal, at least I think we did.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #20

Quote:
That's a good price. Our dealer charged us $1400 which I thought was fair. I think he got us on the ac/heat pump exchange to the low profile versions though. We had to have them to get it in our 13' 6" door opening so kind of took it the chin with that part of the deal, at least I think we did.

Yeah, I'm learning on how to do a lot of stuff myself because they will take you and I know that some things you can't get around it but on most I watch a lot of YouTube video and ask a lot of questions and then I just go for it.

So far it have being working for me, like I install my JT's Strongarm they wanted a outrages price so I watch a lot of video until I was confident to do it myself. All-in-all, it's all good and as long it get done I'm happy.