Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2020, 04:37 PM   #21

Well worth the money! With kids, I do a load or two everyday on vacation! It washes the clothes well! We use liquid fabric softener and that helps with the wrinkles! Wouldn’t own a rig without one!
Kwarstler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #22

Yeah, I'm learning now and when you go on vacation for a few days or so you will need one I don't like going to the laundry mat it just don't feel right but we go because we didn't have a choice but now we do, thank you for your comment.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:20 AM   #23

Well, I'm all done and it went well today.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3503.JPG   DSCN3504.JPG   DSCN3513.JPG   DSCN3515.JPG   DSCN3511.JPG  

Old 06-30-2020, 12:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarstler View Post
Well worth the money! With kids, I do a load or two everyday on vacation! It washes the clothes well! We use liquid fabric softener and that helps with the wrinkles! Wouldn’t own a rig without one!
So do you also use a liquid detergent also along with the liquid fabric softener?
Old 06-30-2020, 12:45 AM   #25

That looks great. We won't use a laundry mat because the washer and dryer oiled and sunscreened with sand my clothes. So when we bought the new fiver I ordered a splendide vented, got out the drills and holesaw and got started. Drilled the 4" hole in the paneling where jayco put the drill here label. Decided to go through the siding with a small bit, because something told me not to continue with the hole saw. After making the small hole through the siding and went outside. The small hole was less than an inch from the front cap seam. So inside I holesawed a new hole in the paneling 4" towards the back to miss the seam. Pushed a small drill through the center of that hole and it came out well. Took the holesaw out and drilled from there. It came out well. Sine there was paneling, about 2" of space, then the exterior wall I needed the extra hole to connect the pipe to the duct because the vent just made it through the exterior wall. I still had 2" of distance to connect the duct and needed to complete the hose clamp. So don't trust where they put the sticker, and drill through the wall with a small enough drill that if you hit a seam you can fix it.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:05 AM   #26

Yeah, I have heard a lot about the sticker not being in the right place but I did luck out, the sticker inside was in the right place so I right for it.

I did the same as you did thought, I drill a small hole first and went outside and look at where it came out and from there I drill the 4" hole, I luck out well I did a lot of praying to, lol.

i
Old 06-30-2020, 06:25 AM   #27

Looks great Big1! You will be glad you did it. We used ours for the first actual laundry this trip, and as it turned out our kids (the son in law that did the majority of work on my install) needed to use it as well. Their washer quit working. Bit of a learning curve as far as time is concerned, but it does a very good job. Congratulations, glad you got it done. Yes the first time the drill bit touched the wall was TERRIFYING! Oh, also we use powdered Tide, about two tablespoons.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #28

Good job, Big1. You will like it. The wife has used Persil liquid detergent for years with no problems. I'm not allowed to touch the Splendide but at home I'm responsible for my own upkeep, including washing my clothes. She made that rule after the 3 kids came along. As soon as they were tall enough to reach inside the washer and dryer she said if you want clean clothes here's how it's done. Unfortunately she included me in that process.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
Looks great Big1! You will be glad you did it. We used ours for the first actual laundry this trip, and as it turned out our kids (the son in law that did the majority of work on my install) needed to use it as well. Their washer quit working. Bit of a learning curve as far as time is concerned, but it does a very good job. Congratulations, glad you got it done. Yes the first time the drill bit touched the wall was TERRIFYING! Oh, also we use powdered Tide, about two tablespoons.
Thank you sir, already I feel good about doing this we are going out for about 10-11 days this coming Monday so I'm excited to try it out. This will be a game changer for sure, since we go out we go for a few days and in the pass we will go to the laundry mat, so now we can stay on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Good job, Big1. You will like it. The wife has used Persil liquid detergent for years with no problems. I'm not allowed to touch the Splendide but at home I'm responsible for my own upkeep, including washing my clothes. She made that rule after the 3 kids came along. As soon as they were tall enough to reach inside the washer and dryer she said if you want clean clothes here's how it's done. Unfortunately she included me in that process.

Lol, welcome to the club I'm loving it now and when the dealer told me $2,200 dollars to do the install so yeah I'm feel really good. My wife let me wash but it's at my own cost, it seem to be that white clothes come out colors clothes, I just don't know what's the problem, lol, I just put them in and I use a lot of detergent and clorox in the clothe.

So yeah, welcome to the club but I can at least wash but at my own cost, can't wait to use it though. I do have to go back out their and finish up I forgot the two hole down brackets so I will be going back out, getting ready to go camping Monday.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:24 PM   #30

Great job Big1! Will be nice doing laundry in your room instead of that da** laundromat waiting an hour for the dryer!
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Well, I'm all done and it went well today.
Would you mind uploading pics of the water line and drain line setup?

Nice hole through the camper... but the big stuff is the water, right?

thanks

craig
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:03 PM   #32
JCM

You will love it BUT -- don't overload it. Do smaller loads - esp. of jeans, sheets etc. Under wear isn't a problem. ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR GRAY WATER DRAIN IS OPEN AND IN A SEWER.
We loved ours and never had to go to a laundry mat again.
We would quite often load it up in the morning and go out for the day only to find it finished when we got back.
Now my 25 foot motorhome is too small for one.
JCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #33

Quote:
So do you also use a liquid detergent also along with the liquid fabric softener?

We use liquid detergent and softener in ours. Very nice install.
pitman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #34

You may want to use Microfiber sheets. We have a king bed and can wash the sheets and pillow cases in one load. They dry in about a half hour
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:37 PM   #35

Washer Dryer install in 2016 38FLSA Pinnacle

We installed a Maytag washer and dryer that we got from Sears in our Pinnacle when we got it. The allocated space for them was too short (front to back) so I had to fir out the front of the cabinet with oak hardwood. The dryer is 220 volt so I installed a 30 Amp circuit breaker right off of the input cord for protection. The pair work very well together. The dryer works much better than the Splendide we had in our 2014 Pinnacle. We can wash and dry our King sheets with no problem. The hole through the back was a bit tricky but I got it within a quarter inch so it worked out okay. Very nice to have as we are snowbirds.
Attached Thumbnails
20191211_213907.jpg   20191211_213932.jpg  
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:28 PM   #36

Quote:
No. We use regular powder detergent that is HE rated for front loaders. Actually we use GAIN. I don’t put a full scoop in, just about 1/2. I also put about 1/2 a cap of liquid fabric softener in its tub. Seems to work well. Another thing that helps with the wrinkles is smaller loads and pulling it out while the clothes are still hot! Regardless the clothes come out as clean as they do at home. It’s worth having as we never come home with bags of dirty laundry to do after trips. In fact we seldom have any dirty laundry when we return from long trips. Wife likes that!
Kwarstler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:06 PM   #37

7100xc

I went with the ventless 7100XC. The wife wouldn't let me drill a hole in the side of the trailer. It was a pain to get it in the cabinet, but it works pretty good.
Cujonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:52 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
Would you mind uploading pics of the water line and drain line setup?

Nice hole through the camper... but the big stuff is the water, right?

thanks

craig

I don't know if I have any now but let me look in my pictures file.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:54 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
You will love it BUT -- don't overload it. Do smaller loads - esp. of jeans, sheets etc. Under wear isn't a problem. ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR GRAY WATER DRAIN IS OPEN AND IN A SEWER.
We loved ours and never had to go to a laundry mat again.
We would quite often load it up in the morning and go out for the day only to find it finished when we got back.
Now my 25 foot motorhome is too small for one.
Thank you I didn't think to just open the gray water tank when washing that is a good tip, now I just need to find out which gray water tank valve to pull out, but that's is no problem.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:56 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitman44 View Post
We use liquid detergent and softener in ours. Very nice install.

Lol, I told the wife that I was going to buy those and she quickly told me no she got it, I said, OKAY, you got it, lol.