Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #21

If they did I think down time and quality of service would improve drastically.Unfortunately for me the new camper we bought in 2005.Has the exact issues as far as tons of warranty issues as our 16 Eagle.No change!
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:42 PM   #22

id rather they leave all the decals off

ours has some minor misalignment from the factory too.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #23

Beth
I just went back and looked at the pic again. They will have to replace all the middle section decals and the right one. If they just replace that one big stripe it will have a way smaller gap on the right side and will really stick out. It actually started off at the top and as they added decals it kept getting worse.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:29 PM   #24

It's hard to tell what/where exactly it's off from the pic as it wasn't taken straight on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #25

While it's no excuse, getting that much vinyl on a curved surface is a fairly daunting task. Given that it's a dealer who likely has one set cut and gets one shot at it... and does not do this work daily... they were probably too far into it before they realized the error and then just did the best they could to minimize it.

If it were mine... it would be going back and I'd be having it redone.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #26

jloco
You are right about not straight on but both far right side decals do line up with the center ones. So at least two and I bet the center is not straight. Those big decals on curved surfaces are hard to do. The flat sides are easy. Hopefully there paint job was better than the decal install. It is a shame that this is what u get from most dealers when u spend this kind of money.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Beth
Been thru it when the shop hit my cap. Crap paint job and decal like yours. Made a claim with progressive and they did great. Dealer paid the claim and I got my deductible back. That was the only thing CW fixed perfectly. But there paint guy who worked at a body shop and just did there paint left and is now at Lazy Days. He told me the one decal was a job to get it right.
The only reason I took it to CW for the repair was that progressive said them and Lazy Days did good work and Lazy Days was three month wait.
Rock
I have the same issues with CW.. I have decided to look for an independent place to repair/ service my Seneca.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #28

SloPoke
U talking about there repair work or did they damage ur unit?
Rock

2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Old 06-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #29
tld

I spotted it, but had to stare at the picture for several seconds. While it shouldn't be that way, I doubt that anyone who doesn't know its there will ever notice it.
tld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld View Post
I spotted it, but had to stare at the picture for several seconds. While it shouldn't be that way, I doubt that anyone who doesn't know its there will ever notice it.
Each of us are wired a little differently.... that would drive me nuts...
Old 06-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
SloPoke
U talking about there repair work or did they damage ur unit?
Rock

Oh... I have had so many issues with CW repairs and our Seneca.

Week one - After taking delivery - there was some things that needed to be repaired after our PDI. They had our rig in the shop for almost three weeks after taking it apart and finding they had the wrong parts. When we went to pick it up, the Door to the Water Heater was gone. They took it off of our Seneca and sold it to a Customer who had lost theirs on the freeway.

They expected us to drive it home in the rain with NO door on the Girard. I ended up leaving it in the service drive lane until they found a solution. It took almost two hours of blocking the service drive (where they parked it for me to pick up) for them to cough up a blank(unpainted) cover from the parts department with a followup to paint one that matches the Seneca. That took 3-months to get done.

Week Six - The toilet mechanism that flushes the unit self destructed while camping. The Black Tank was partially full and the ball-valve that closes - would not close. Took it to CW for an already scheduled followup the next week. They had the option of fixing the broken unit (they had the parts kit in the parts department) or replace the entire toilet. They said that they would have to order parts from the manufacturer and it would be 2-weeks before they would arrive. CW also had the exact same toilet on the shelf in the showroom, but they insist that they have to have the parts shipped from Jayco, the parts must arrive there and they will use that part, not the ones they have already in inventory. The parts took 3-weeks to arrive and we had to cancel our vacation because of the absurd length of delays.

In the meantime... countless other visits have resulted in 3-6 weeks to get an appointment for the basic service on our Generator (oil / filter)

...and the most recent visit... Friday we bring the Seneca back home to find someone there took a dump in our toilet and left part of it still in the bowl - dried on after a week sitting there waiting for another Air Conditioner.

We are looking for a competent independent RV service guy in the area to do the Extended warranty work...

Old 06-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #32

Wow, this isn't good news as I'm about to purchase from them next week. I think I would have lost it and would have made the local news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Oh... I have had so many issues with CW repairs and our Seneca.

Week one - After taking delivery - there was some things that needed to be repaired after our PDI. They had our rig in the shop for almost three weeks after taking it apart and finding they had the wrong parts. When we went to pick it up, the Door to the Water Heater was gone. They took it off of our Seneca and sold it to a Customer who had lost theirs on the freeway.

They expected us to drive it home in the rain with NO door on the Girard. I ended up leaving it in the service drive lane until they found a solution. It took almost two hours of blocking the service drive (where they parked it for me to pick up) for them to cough up a blank(unpainted) cover from the parts department with a followup to paint one that matches the Seneca. That took 3-months to get done.

Week Six - The toilet mechanism that flushes the unit self destructed while camping. The Black Tank was partially full and the ball-valve that closes - would not close. Took it to CW for an already scheduled followup the next week. They had the option of fixing the broken unit (they had the parts kit in the parts department) or replace the entire toilet. They said that they would have to order parts from the manufacturer and it would be 2-weeks before they would arrive. CW also had the exact same toilet on the shelf in the showroom, but they insist that they have to have the parts shipped from Jayco, the parts must arrive there and they will use that part, not the ones they have already in inventory. The parts took 3-weeks to arrive and we had to cancel our vacation because of the absurd length of delays.

In the meantime... countless other visits have resulted in 3-6 weeks to get an appointment for the basic service on our Generator (oil / filter)

...and the most recent visit... Friday we bring the Seneca back home to find someone there took a dump in our toilet and left part of it still in the bowl - dried on after a week sitting there waiting for another Air Conditioner.

We are looking for a competent independent RV service guy in the area to do the Extended warranty work...

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringneks View Post
Wow, this isn't good news as I'm about to purchase from them next week. I think I would have lost it and would have made the local news.
I have no issues with them selling new and used... the Draper location has lots of inventory and Jeff Anderson is a guy with a decent reputation (he has been with Ardell Brown for many years - when they were on State Street on the RSL property)

My issues have been with the Good Sam ESP and the overall Service Department. Ray Tanner is the Service Manager with his office deep behind the parts department... He has "tried" to help me with many of the absurd excuses that the service advisors have given me for my Seneca sitting in the service department waiting for this and that... - all the while I want to use it.

Now... the Air Conditioner that was promised last week... still is not going to be ready this week... Do I think that they really care it won't be - no. Not based on my last 6 visits.

If they have the unit that you want - at a good price... then buy it. You will have the comfort of the Jayco Warranty that you can take other places to get fixed. But don't fall prey to the Extended Service Plan or anything that encourages you to go back for service/repair at the Draper Camping World.

Don't hesitate to PM me on the Forum - I will give you my Cell phone number if you want more details, they are not flattering, I have been kind on the JOF for what they have put us thru. ...