Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

I give up!

We just picked up our Pinnacle from dealer after our last warranty work. Needless to say we are so happy to be done with them forever. They repainted our faded front cap and put on new decals. Just realized the stickers are a bit different than original. Ok, we can live w that. But they installed the bottom sticker crooked. Check out the photo. We decided to just live w it. I really don't want to make an appointment 3 months in advance, leave it there for 2 months and drive 100 miles each way. They wore us down. We will have the only Pinnacle on the road w lopsided decalls. So, when any of you guys on this forum see lopsided decals on the road, you will know it's your comrades from San Diego.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3931.jpg  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #2

Did you see the post regarding some kind of help from Jayco if warranty work cost excessive down time?

Not sure what the final word for what you get but, might be worth looking at.

Hit the search menu at the top line and scroll down to

Jayco NEW TIME LOST policy for warranty work ( 1 2)
hardycamper

or try the search function
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #3

I honestly can't see the problem.
So whatever it is, it can't be too flagrant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
I honestly can't see the problem.
So whatever it is, it can't be too flagrant

X2

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:39 PM   #5

Don't feel bad about crooked decals, the decals on the rear of my TT were so bad I took them off. I sent an email with before and after pictures to Jayco showing the great workmanship. They did email back saying they would send me replacements, I responded it looks better without but thanks.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
X2
X3. I don't see it either
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #7

You guys must be blind, the center lower stripe is high on the left and low on the right, look at how it lines up with the outer lower stripes.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #8

Yep. I see the crooked decal. You would expect better work from a repair facility providing warranty work. You will notice the imperfection because it is your RV and the decal is not aligned correctly. I had to study the photo and look for the imperfection, or I would not have seen it. I hope the repaint on your cap holds up.
As for warranty work and waiting. I will have warranty work done when it is convenient for me. If I can fix it myself without too much expense I will. If it is something I can't do or don't want to work on I will take it to an independent repair shop. Independents generally do better work as their reputation depends on it.
ScottyLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:18 PM   #9

I have been told that if warranty work gets scheduled and parts get ordered BEFORE the warranty is up, it will be honored if it gets fixed a couple months out of warranty.
That happened with my 26BH. Needed some warranty work done. Took pictures, sent it to the repair facility and Jayco. Jayco approved the work near the end of October (about a week before my warranty ran out) Took it to the repair center after we were done camping the middle of November (and after I got it winterized). So I really didn't care if they had it all winter. Got it back in 3 weeks.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #10

I couldn't find it until it was pointed out. Barely noticeable.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #11

OK just need to ad my 2 cents,
In the auto industry if a warranted repair is reported before the warranty is out ,and cant be repaired by the time it is out, its still covered ,that's nothing new but to my knowledge Jayco or the dealers do not provide a curtesy loaner like in the Auto industry ,what I think Jayco should do , for all the lost time,that your camper is in a shop for a warranted repair and its waiting for parts,Jayco should extend the 2 year warranty to include the down time NOT caused by the customer !! That would be better customer service !!!
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:29 PM   #12

Certainly not up to the standards of Chip Foose.

Wasn't there an old joke about a one eyed paper hanger.

Send picture to the Service manager or the Dealer owner. Ask them if this was yours would you accept it?

See what they say. If they say yes, I wouldn't go back. If they say no then have them order the vinyl and when it is in stock it can be fixed in 2 hours or less.

My .02

A Smart phone is one that is NOT in your hand while driving!
64osby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
You guys must be blind, the center lower stripe is high on the left and low on the right, look at how it lines up with the outer lower stripes.
I agree, it was pretty easy to spot, and when it's yours, you'll always know it's there. It looks like more repair centers do shoddy work, and we just accept it. They figure the aggravation of fighting with the center will be more than the customer will want to deal with. They have us over the barrel and they know it, and when it's warranty work, they want to deal with it even less.

We live about 4 miles from our selling dealership for our '16 264BHW, and their service department is the pits. We had to drive 60 miles one-way to get our warranty and first-year check-up done.We went to the dealers sister store to get the work done. They were the only local warranty facilities.Plus, selling dealer couldn't look at it for 5 weeks, but the other got to it in 10 days. Looks like they missed something on the checklist. We took our long-planned trip to Branson and up to Kansas, and the second night out, we found out our stove's right rear burner wouldn't light. After our trip we found a screw-pop in the floor right in front of the stove about 8" from the oven. Not right in the traffic path, but you hit it on occasion. Looks to be about 1/2" in diameter, and about ready to come through flooring material.

Called to try to make an appointment to get the trailer in and my service guy is "no longer with the company", so I was handed off to Joe. He promptly informed me my '16 was out of warranty and would not be fixed. He had to check with someone else to make sure if it was covered, and of course, it is.

Is it too much to ask for a repair center to actually WANT to do good work in a reasonable amount of time??
kevcarr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:47 PM   #14

The photo I posted did not show the uneven sticker artwork because I was too lazy to move the truck to demonstrate it better. I am still debating if I will return the rig to be fixed.
In regards to warranty periods, when the rug was at dealer for warranty work, they couldn't fix it all before we wanted to use it. Even though it was documented st the dealer, they insisted it had to be at the dealer prior to warranty expiration. We made it by 1 day. If there was an issue where we couldn't make it in time, I would have called Jayco. Their customer service has been great and they have over ridden dealer decisions when I called directly.
Maybe I should send picture of decals to Jayco and then get it fixed at local dealer.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #15

Bethcb,

Once I quit figuring out that you actually had a State sticker on there, I saw the problem with the lower stripe immediately! Go Green!

Honestly, I would be upset about it being that crooked as well. I would be contacting Jayco and request they authorize a "capable" repair center near your home to do the replacement of the sticker properly. Shoddy workmanship comes in all forms and should not be tolerated.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #16

If you can't see the driver's side decal off from the driver's side you need glasses.
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:39 AM   #17

it would be so much easier to see if the picture was right side up. cant mods fix that?
Old 06-06-2017, 09:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethcb View Post
The photo I posted did not show the uneven sticker artwork because I was too lazy to move the truck to demonstrate it better. I am still debating if I will return the rig to be fixed.
In regards to warranty periods, when the rug was at dealer for warranty work, they couldn't fix it all before we wanted to use it. Even though it was documented st the dealer, they insisted it had to be at the dealer prior to warranty expiration. We made it by 1 day. If there was an issue where we couldn't make it in time, I would have called Jayco. Their customer service has been great and they have over ridden dealer decisions when I called directly.
Maybe I should send picture of decals to Jayco and then get it fixed at local dealer.
That is EXACTLY what I would do........we both feel the same way about our dealers!! I will NEVER go back to the one we purchased from.......
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #19

Beth
Been thru it when the shop hit my cap. Crap paint job and decal like yours. Made a claim with progressive and they did great. Dealer paid the claim and I got my deductible back. That was the only thing CW fixed perfectly. But there paint guy who worked at a body shop and just did there paint left and is now at Lazy Days. He told me the one decal was a job to get it right.
The only reason I took it to CW for the repair was that progressive said them and Lazy Days did good work and Lazy Days was three month wait.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:01 AM   #20

Decal

Where is the shop manager when this type stuff happens.High dollar coaches never hear much from JAYCO when this stuff happens.And they have people waiting months for delivery of these new campers.Just took my camper in for a new roof under warranty.I took pictures inside and out, including the roof solar system!Bad deal for you!Personally I didn't notice the decal being off very little.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote