Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2019, 08:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I personally think it is like many other issues, you only hear from those who have problems. We didn't have any trouble with our PINNACLE and it had SCHWINEK on the kitchen slide. Also one day when we were still at FORT WILDERNESS I counted 15 different brands with SCHWINTEK slides. In my opinion I doubt that there would be such widespread use if the issues were that frequent.
Widespread use in the RV industry is hardly an indicator of quality. If it were, no one would have to replace their WFCO charger inverter with a Progressive Dynamics unit, homes across the country would have Furrion televisions, and your new Cadillac would roll out of the showroom with a Furrion stereo system. I'd have a Jayco sofa in my home living room despite the foam being compressed into uselessness in just a few months, and my kitchen cabinets would be held together with stapes. And the widespread use of Coleman Mach thermostats? Seriously?

Oh, I like my trailer, but I like it in spite of the cheap components Jayco used. I'd have gladly paid for better components from the beginning instead of having to replace them as I go along, but I have to deal with the RV industry as it is. How many of these cheap components actually fail? Nobody really knows. Except the RV industry, and they aren't saying.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
After seeing Grumpy's well-balanced and informed post (as he does so well), I should add that most major problems we have had with our rig were largely self-inflicted due to lack of experience with RV's. The other few little ones were smoothly handled in a timely fashion by Jayco or the sub-vendor under warranty.

Best of luck and safe travels
Angus
Totally agree with Joan617.

My lack of knowledge on my 2017 was/is the major issue.

Wait till you see the totally LCI controlled RVs. My cousin can only operate his lights, slides, awnings by smart phone or LCI on the wall.

My NP has three types of Slides. The issue with mine was the Slim-Track (appliance slide), until I realized I was taking too much weight off the tires. Close tolerances with this slide. Using the location holes on the landing gear (to disconnect the truck) "I thought" was a good thing. Not so, Let the RV do it's thing. Lower the landing gear by push button. Then let auto level do it's thing.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #23

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...0&action=click

Just some info on schwintek system.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Totally agree with Joan617.

My lack of knowledge on my 2017 was/is the major issue. Wait till you see the totally LCI controlled RVs. My cousin can only operate his lights, slides, awnings by smart phone or LCI on the wall. My NP has three types of Slides. The issue with mine was the Slim-Track (appliance slide), until I realized I was taking too much weight off the tires. Close tolerances with this slide. Using the location holes on the landing gear (to disconnect the truck) "I thought" was a good thing. Not so, Let the RV do it's thing. Lower the landing gear by push button. Then let auto level do it's thing.
x2
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #25

Bad news always travels faster than good. That said I have had issues with the Scwintek slides from motor wiring to out of sync. What I can say is that it never stranded me when it went bad. Replacing the motors are fairly easy and if you do see an issue on the sync it's pretty easy to get it back to even with some simple processes.

Now the Accu-slides which are on a cable system. I have a friend with those who has been stranded and it required removing a ton of trim to fix. The adjustment also is not an easy task as you need to do it manually through the cables.

I will stick with the Scwintek. Once you understand them you can work on them.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #26

Questions about these slides.... I noticed on my kitchen slide, the inside rubber seal along the floor, doesn’t meet the floor when the slide is out. I can see the rollers under there. On the outside, I can pull back the lower seal and see into the kitchen. Is this how it’s supposed to be. Seems very inefficient.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:28 PM   #27

There is nothing wrong with Scwintek. You want to avoid them for your main 36” slide. Where they work well and appropriately used is for elevated slides like the bed, storage etc. for the main slide always rack and pinion.