Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2017, 04:08 PM   #1

Ice maker shut off valve

Are there any 2018 36KPTS owners out there that can tell me where the water shut off is for the refrigerator ice Maker? I can see the water line entry into the slide out, and can see it at some spots behind drawers, heading to the refrigerator, but can't see a valve anywhere. Any help will certainly be appreciated. Our dealer is closed until next week, and we are fixing to have record cold in South Louisiana for the next 5 days or so. Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:11 PM   #2

One shutoff should be under the island and 2nd one behind bottom drawer next to refrigerator.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #3

Thanks Jasum . There's none under the island that I can see. I will pull out the bottom drawer.next to the refrigerator and see if it's there.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #4
PMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajuncamper View Post
Thanks Jasum . There's none under the island that I can see. I will pull out the bottom drawer.next to the refrigerator and see if it's there.
I think you're on the right track it should be under the oven at the back.
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #5

Well, I'm pretty sure it's behind that bottom drawer next to the stove, because that's the only one that I can't get out! LOL. The little arch on the side of the drawer is not releasing on the left side. Right side releases like it's supposed to. I'll have to wait till morning to tackle tha problem. I'll post as soon as I find out for sure, because it might help other folks. Thanks guys, I will let you know.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #6

Here is a trick I use to avoid having to remove the drawer on my Pinnacle. Clean out the drawer, place from your elbow down in the drawer and close it on your arm. Once closed, your can reach the valve. Works for me.
Bamabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #7

Hey, that makes sense Bamabuggy. I'll try that trick tomorrow. Thanks
Old 12-31-2017, 07:00 AM   #8

The second valve is under the false bottom of the island cabinet nearest the refrigerator. Unfortunately you cannot reach it unless you remove the bottom of the cabinet.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:28 PM   #9

Thanks for the input from everyone. I did find it. On this Pinnacle it's behind the bottom drawer, under the oven. You will need an extra long arm, or be a contortionist to reach it. But I did get it. Thanks everyone for the help. Waiting for the deep freeze to leave La. So we can go camping!
Old 01-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #10

Cajuncamper, Congrats on finding the one behind the drawer yet you still have on under the island on Pinnacles. You will see, probably to the left as you open the cabinet doors, a make shift closet. You will need to pull the front board and look behind and down to see the second valve. Good luck !!!

Bamabuggy, great idea, I will try that once I get my out of storage next year. ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidawg View Post
Cajuncamper, Congrats on finding the one behind the drawer yet you still have on under the island on Pinnacles. Good luck !!!
Thanks for the info on the second valve. I stumbled across it when fixing the "pop-up" outlet in our counter. Had no idea what it was for until reading this thread.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #12

Skidawg, I am confident that a SEC team will be the National Champion. Are you a Bama fan way up in Wisconsin?
Bamabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:45 PM   #13

Skidawg thanks for the info. Got it under control now. I removed the panel and replaced the staples with screws. Now I can get to it a whole lot easier. Bamabuggy, I couldn't quite reach the one behind the drawer the way you described. Almost, but not quite. Had to remove the drawer. Thanks everyone, just need some warm weather now.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
One shutoff should be under the island and 2nd one behind bottom drawer next to refrigerator.
Hi Jasum, sorry for the late question, I just read this string. I also have a 36KPTS with the Whirlpool Fridge. Great Information. I asked my dealer during our PDI where the shutoff was for the fridge. They had no idea! My question is, why are there (2) valves, isn't there only one water line like my LG fridge at home??
Old 02-15-2018, 09:21 AM   #15

Bamabuggy, sorry for the late reply. Been out shoveling snow for a week or so. Yes, 100% BAMA, ROLL TIDE ROLL. Declared when I was three years old. Oh Kirby gave me a scare but what a GREAT game. I catch allot of flack here in Big 10 country but always come out on top. I am afraid the SEC is going to start eating itself alive again with all the new coaching changes. It should make for some really interesting games. Stay safe Bamabuggy and as always, ROLL TIDE ROLL. Skidawg
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote