Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-08-2018, 08:16 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
If you look under the trailer (not the slide) about where the tv is there is a low point drain. I think it is for the ice maker.
Yes. I always open it after I blow out and turn off the valve under the sink.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #42

I believe the water line to the frig is different for a residential frig or a RV frig. I have a 2019 Pinnacle with a RV frig and have 2 shut offs. 1 behind the drawer under the oven and another under the removeable floor by the sink drain on the island
bearkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearkeller View Post
I believe the water line to the frig is different for a residential frig or a RV frig. I have a 2019 Pinnacle with a RV frig and have 2 shut offs. 1 behind the drawer under the oven and another under the removeable floor by the sink drain on the island

Don’t believe this is correct as those of us with the residential fridge have 2 shut offs.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #44

What does the shutoff valve under the stove shut off? I know the valve in the island shuts off water to the fridge....is not the valve under the stove in the same water supply line?
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:53 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjkelly328 View Post
We just purchased a 2019 37mdqs Pinnacle and near the refrigerator there is a sticker that says the valve on the waterline to the ice maker must be turned off if the weather gets below 34degrees. We will be in the rv during the winter so we want to make sure it’s turned off. Does anyone know where to turn it off at? We have the whirlpool fridge with water and ice maker in the door.
FYI not sure if anyone has had this problem. Last year my 377 was at the shop during the snow and freeze here in Texas. Everything was drained and left open. No I didn't blow the lines. My bad! I figured it would be fine. First trip water came pouring from kitchen slide. I found that the plastic solenoid valve that the 1/4 line connects to on the fridge froze and cracked. Got that repaired now investigating another leak on the fridge.

Does air blowing the lines get the water out of the fridge lines well enough with the solenoid valve? I'm sure it opens and closes some how with the ice maker and water on the door.
Mont Belvieu, TX
T&M_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:03 AM   #46

Good question Terrill....I blew all my lines out... I sure hope so...it is 10 degrees here this morning and I will be in FL in a month....also used antifreeze everywhere except the fridge .... I guess the worst case might be just not have water or ice from the door.... this is my first year with a residential fridge....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Old 12-11-2018, 07:11 AM   #47

When I pull the fridge out to repair the other leak I'll do some testing and see. I'll let you all know.
Mont Belvieu, TX
Old 12-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&M_Texas View Post
FYI not sure if anyone has had this problem. Last year my 377 was at the shop during the snow and freeze here in Texas. Everything was drained and left open. No I didn't blow the lines. My bad! I figured it would be fine. First trip water came pouring from kitchen slide. I found that the plastic solenoid valve that the 1/4 line connects to on the fridge froze and cracked. Got that repaired now investigating another leak on the fridge.

Does air blowing the lines get the water out of the fridge lines well enough with the solenoid valve? I'm sure it opens and closes some how with the ice maker and water on the door.
I run the pink stuff through the ice maker line until I get pink slush. GE residential with ice maker, but no water/ice at the door. I've done this method for 2 years, this being the third. Come spring, I dump the first 4 or 5 batches of ice. No issues..knock on wood! 2016 38FDDS.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:54 AM   #49

My 2019 Pinnacle with RV frig - gas/electric - has 2 valves as I mentioned. Frig water comes thru a valve under the island. Then runs towards the rear of the unit and runs thru the flexible device that also carries electric and tv wires to the kitchen slide. Then runs to the area under the oven to another shut off which is where the 1/4” line runs to the back of the frig. RV frig has exterior access panels for service. Residential frig does not have those exterior access panels. I don,t know how the water gets to it. All I know is how it gets there with the RV frig. I live in the Midwest and have never blown air thru the water lines. I always pump antifreeze thru. You never get all the water out when you use air. I will settle into any low spot and then freeze. Been doing it this way for over 40 years. Knock on wood, never had a busted/frozen pipe
bearkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #50

I have same model. I turned valve under sink off. Have to remove corner trim box that hides the pipes under sink first. Then I drained line outside unit near where the fridge is. Should be marked. The ice maker valve is located under stove and have to remove drawer first. Then you should see that valve. I left mine open since I turned one under sink off and water should drain out of fridge.
rctamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjkelly328 View Post
We just purchased a 2019 37mdqs Pinnacle and near the refrigerator there is a sticker that says the valve on the waterline to the ice maker must be turned off if the weather gets below 34degrees. We will be in the rv during the winter so we want to make sure it’s turned off. Does anyone know where to turn it off at? We have the whirlpool fridge with water and ice maker in the door.
In my Pinnacle, I just blow down the lines with air including the water dispenser in the Frig door. Also trigger the ice maker to cycle about 3 times to blow that line.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sola123 View Post
Good question Terrill....I blew all my lines out... I sure hope so...it is 10 degrees here this morning and I will be in FL in a month....also used antifreeze everywhere except the fridge .... I guess the worst case might be just not have water or ice from the door.... this is my first year with a residential fridge....
Well Stan when I changed the broken solenoid valve from the freeze I didn't push the water supply in good enough before I placed the clip on. Fixed that leak. But as far as blowing the lines I would blow the water out of the water dispenser on the door to get what water I can out of the lines on the fridge.
Mont Belvieu, TX
Old 12-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #53

Here’s what do.
I shut off the valve under the sink.
Blow out all the other lines.
Open the fridge drain under the trailer
Take out the fridge water filter and put in a filter bypass.
Turn on the water lever and let the air in backwards to drain the fridge water out the drain line as much as possible.
Then shut the outside drain off.
Open the valve under the sink and pressurize with air, then open the fridge water lever again to get more water out.
Cycle the icemaker a couple times until I hear it piss air out.
Open the outside drain again and let the air and whatever water out.

THEN!!... take the bottom grill off the fridge and separate the water line at the “shark bite” type coupler and let the rest of the trapped water out of the fridge.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:40 PM   #54

We have been in our new Pinnacle 37MDQS since Sunday and so far just a couple of minor irritations. One being trying to figure out how to get the water turned on to the RV refrigerator for the ice maker! I found the valve hidden in the side panel under the kitchen sink and opened that. I then had no water pressure in the kitchen. It turns out the valve under the RV by the kitchen slide was left open, so I closed that. This solved the pressure issue but sill no water to the ice maker. Found the second valve nicely tucked away behind the oven and turned that. Still no water. Any other ideas? I lifted the lever to the ice maker and lowered it again but didn't see any other shut off switch.
tjwoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:43 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwoles View Post
We have been in our new Pinnacle 37MDQS since Sunday and so far just a couple of minor irritations. One being trying to figure out how to get the water turned on to the RV refrigerator for the ice maker! I found the valve hidden in the side panel under the kitchen sink and opened that. I then had no water pressure in the kitchen. It turns out the valve under the RV by the kitchen slide was left open, so I closed that. This solved the pressure issue but sill no water to the ice maker. Found the second valve nicely tucked away behind the oven and turned that. Still no water. Any other ideas? I lifted the lever to the ice maker and lowered it again but didn't see any other shut off switch.
Silly question but is the water filter for the fridge in place?
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:49 PM   #56

I believe there is a switch for the ice maker on the freezer door.....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Old 03-29-2019, 07:49 PM   #57

Actually a good question. We have the RV frig without the water dispenser in the door but an ice maker in the actual freezer. Do we have a water filter for the frig?
Old 03-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #58

i don't see a switch only the controls on the front to change it from gas to electric and to adjust the temperature.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:01 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwoles View Post
Do you hear the ice maker try to fill? Maybe leave it on for a while until the air is out of the line.
darkcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote