Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2021, 12:54 PM   #1

Ice Maker Woes on Brand new 377 RLBH

Ok, so I just got myself a brand spanking new Northpoint 377RLBH.

It's a beaut! However I can't get the icemaker to make any ice.

The arm is down.

I found this shutoff valve under the sink on the left hand side of the island:

and actually while I was trying to figure this out I noticed that the "t" connecting the water line was dripping so I had to replace that. Good thing I found it, because it was behind the panel and I would have never known.

Anyways, that valve is open because the fresh water tap at the sink is working.

I found this shutoff valve behind the bottom drawer next to the oven:

It was set to open and I tried it both ways to see if I could get any action and I didn't.

I opened the hatch behind the refrigerator and disconnected the water line from the solenoid and let the water line drain down while the fresh water pump was on:

but I can't get any water to come out at all which is why it obviously isn't making any ice. What gives? Is there a THIRD shutoff valve somewhere?

I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot fathom what that might be. Any ideas?

THANKS!
limpydog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:08 PM   #2

There’s another shutoff valve under the stove area. Remove the bottom drawers in that area and you’ll find it.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #3

Also look up under the slide the fridge is on and see if there's a drain for the fridge water and icemaker there. You may not have one there since you have an access door behind the fridge but worth a look.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:48 PM   #4

@nylyon:

Thanks for the reply, I found the shutoff valve from my first post behind this drawer:

Are you saying there is another behind the stove?

@rkymntsno:

I climbed around under the slide and didn't see any shutoff valves:

However it got me thinking that the original T has the small 1/8" tube and that tube under the slide is like 3/8" or so and different. So there has to be another connector somewhere.

I took that drawer next to the stove off for the 48th time and disconnected the water and there is no water there either:

I can't find any sort of access under the RV so I am going to see if I can poke around in the island anymore to find where the tube changes size.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:06 PM   #5

So I took the "bottom" panel off the drawer to the bottom left of the island sink and found nothing of consequence. I was positive there was going to be the adapter from one size to the other but I couldn't see anything:

I'm stuck! Do I really have to take off the underbelly panel to figure this out? That seems a bit overkill.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:06 PM   #6

Water Filtration System

Our new 2021 377 rlbh the ice maker runs off the filtered water in the jug. I had to turn the water pump on the island and make sure the water jug underneath the storage on driver side is full. Not sure if that is the issue but that is how mine works.

The filtered water spout by the kitchen faucet works off of that water jug as well. If the spout by the kitchen faucet works and your ice maker doesn't, then I would not have a clue.
hannifin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannifin44 View Post
Our new 2021 377 rlbh the ice maker runs off the filtered water in the jug. I had to turn the water pump on the island and make sure the water jug underneath the storage on driver side is full. Not sure if that is the issue but that is how mine works.

The filtered water spout by the kitchen faucet works off of that water jug as well. If the spout by the kitchen faucet works and your ice maker doesn't, then I would not have a clue.
EXACTLY. That is exactly what is going on, the jug is full, switch is on and the little side spot for drinking water gets water, but no water to the icemaker. I feel like I am going crazy cause it shouldn't be this hard!
Old 04-04-2021, 07:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpydog12 View Post
@nylyon:

Thanks for the reply, I found the shutoff valve from my first post behind this drawer:

Are you saying there is another behind the stove?

@rkymntsno:

I climbed around under the slide and didn't see any shutoff valves:

However it got me thinking that the original T has the small 1/8" tube and that tube under the slide is like 3/8" or so and different. So there has to be another connector somewhere.

I took that drawer next to the stove off for the 48th time and disconnected the water and there is no water there either:

I can't find any sort of access under the RV so I am going to see if I can poke around in the island anymore to find where the tube changes size.
Isn't this the disconnect? That's a water line disconnected or maybe I misunderstood/missed a post?
Old 04-04-2021, 07:58 AM   #9

I guess my point was to try and show that no matter what I do I can't get water to flow through any of those lines. Without water, obviously the icemaker won't work.

I'm at a loss at this point and I will be reaching out to Jayco on Monday. I have fiddled with this darn ice scenario for probably about 10 hours.

Appreciate everyone's input and assistance!
Old 04-04-2021, 05:01 PM   #10

Quote:
I guess my point was to try and show that no matter what I do I can't get water to flow through any of those lines. Without water, obviously the icemaker won't work.

I'm at a loss at this point and I will be reaching out to Jayco on Monday. I have fiddled with this darn ice scenario for probably about 10 hours.

Appreciate everyone's input and assistance!
That really sucks. Are you not close to the dealership that sold you that unit? Might get better assistance calling them and having them walk you through some troubleshooting if you can't take it back into them?????
Old 04-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #11

Can you get your hand down the opening in the floor under the sink. Since there is a transition in water line size they may have a valve stuck down there, or the line is pinched. Also there should be a low point drain under the rig where you could cut a small access door to see right above it. If you go to the dealer that is probably what they will do to look as well.

If you decide to cut the coroplast, only cut two sides and the back leaving the front hinged so you can seal it pack up with Gorilla Tape.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:37 PM   #12

I have a 2021 Jayco 310RLTS and have a slightly different problem with my drinking system. We're making ice ok but I'm somehow blowing through 5 gal a day just making ice. I noticed a slow drip coming from the kitchen side fender skirt and occasionally hear the water pump kicking on so pretty sure I have a leak somewhere. The pics above for where to look help so thanks for posting.
stevenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:27 PM   #13

I just checked my 2020 and those are the only 2 valves I could find. One more item to check, there is a low point drain under the camper. That is for the fridge line. Check to see if that is closed or test it open to see if water comes out.

When I got mine home, that valve was open causing the water just to run right out of the system, never made it to the fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
34708374-A640-43E4-B6E7-C81AAEB0B4D1.jpg  
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
I just checked my 2020 and those are the only 2 valves I could find. One more item to check, there is a low point drain under the camper. That is for the fridge line. Check to see if that is closed or test it open to see if water comes out.

When I got mine home, that valve was open causing the water just to run right out of the system, never made it to the fridge.
Oh yeah, forget to mention I had been fiddling with that low point valve as well. I have it wide open and nothing is draining out. I would have expected the pump to kick on and it suck water right from the 5 gallon jug until it dried up.
It's quite apparent to me that there is an issue somewhere between the island sink area and the drawer behind the stove.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:06 AM   #15

I have a 2021 Northpoint 377. There is a switch in the compartment where your jug is. On the ceiling near the inverter. That is the pump for the ice maker. The switch on the side of the island only controls the pump for fresh water to the little sink faucet. Also ther is a switch to turn on or off your ice maker for the refrigerator itself located on the left side of the ice compartment. Take out the ice holder in the door and it on the top left. Hope this helps.
zorr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #16

May seam silly but is the power switch turned on inside the ice maker?
mwheue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:34 PM   #17

Jumper

We had the same trailer with all valves open. The only way we got it going was to jump it at the source. Your ice maker has a white plastic cover on it. Remove that, if I remember correctly there were 4 holes. You can use connecting wires to over ride the motor and got it flipping ice out. Not sure if that’s your issue, but it’s what we had to do to finally get it going.
Greg Blakeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:24 AM   #18

Quote:
Oh yeah, forget to mention I had been fiddling with that low point valve as well. I have it wide open and nothing is draining out. I would have expected the pump to kick on and it suck water right from the 5 gallon jug until it dried up.
It's quite apparent to me that there is an issue somewhere between the island sink area and the drawer behind the stove.
OMG!!!!
I am having the same exact problem with my 2021 377RLBH right now!!!
It made ice since delivery, but after the first 5 gallon jug ran out, I can not get it to make ice again your post and pictures were so thorough, I cannot thank you enough! I have water from my fridge-no ice. I am wondering what the resolution was on your unit? One thing I did see in the other comments was about the arm of the icemaker though, my arm is up so I will research how to get it to come down...
JennW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennW View Post
OMG!!!!
I am having the same exact problem with my 2021 377RLBH right now!!!
It made ice since delivery, but after the first 5 gallon jug ran out, I can not get it to make ice again your post and pictures were so thorough, I cannot thank you enough! I have water from my fridge-no ice. I am wondering what the resolution was on your unit? One thing I did see in the other comments was about the arm of the icemaker though, my arm is up so I will research how to get it to come down...
Well to be honest I did get it fixed. In the worst way ever. I bought ice cube trays and I have to make ice the old fashioned way. BLECH! It's a pain, but I figure I would rather make my own ice then cut open the underbelly of this beast.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Blakeley View Post
We had the same trailer with all valves open. The only way we got it going was to jump it at the source. Your ice maker has a white plastic cover on it. Remove that, if I remember correctly there were 4 holes. You can use connecting wires to over ride the motor and got it flipping ice out. Not sure if that’s your issue, but it’s what we had to do to finally get it going.
This definitely is not an issue with the "flip out the ice" motor as the water never makes it to the back of the fridge, therefore it can never freeze.