Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #1

Icemaker Water in Refrigerater NONE

We have the residential fridge with water and ice in the door. It has been working flawlessly for months. We also have the 5 gallon jug of fresh water with pump under the sink. There is a freshwater dispenser by regular faucet. The pump is noisy so there is no question about when it is working....or when it isn’t for that matter.

All of a sudden, only the dispenser will provide water. The fridge ice and water is not working. We could always hear the refrigerator pulling water, now it is not even trying to fill. No ice nor water in the door. We didn’t close any valves. The pump is working because the dispenser works. Any ideas?
Lizzie1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:34 PM   #2

Is it possible that something has caused a kink in the line under the sink that feeds the fridge water? Also there may be a lockout button on the front control panel of the fridge.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie1275 View Post
We have the residential fridge with water and ice in the door. It has been working flawlessly for months. We also have the 5 gallon jug of fresh water with pump under the sink. There is a freshwater dispenser by regular faucet. The pump is noisy so there is no question about when it is working....or when it isn’t for that matter.

All of a sudden, only the dispenser will provide water. The fridge ice and water is not working. We could always hear the refrigerator pulling water, now it is not even trying to fill. No ice nor water in the door. We didn’t close any valves. The pump is working because the dispenser works. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, I do not have any answer for you but maybe you could help me... We just purchased our 2020 pinnacle and cannot get the freshwater to work at all. It is hooked up correctly in the basement. We finally found the pump switch under the bottom drawer of the island and turned it on. The red light comes on when that pump turns on. After a minute, it stops and the red light flashes. We turned on the water valve under the sink. There is a PUMP button on the remote that is on the wall near the stove - we pushed that. No water from dispenser or refrigerator or ice maker. What are we doing wrong???

Thanks and I hope someone has a suggestion for your problem.
teegee1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:10 AM   #4

Mine has a valve under the stove. You have to remove the drawer and you will see the valve.
albirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:46 AM   #5
Site Team

I remember reading that there were 2 different valves that had to be open. Hopefully someone with more precise experience can chime in?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:04 PM   #6

Problem solved! The water filter needed replacing and once I changed it out the water in the door and ice maker resumed operation. It must have been totally clogged.
Lizzie1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:28 AM   #7

Glad you figured the problem out. Thank you for posting the fix so others can use this when troubleshooting similar issues.
20 Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegee1025 View Post
Unfortunately, I do not have any answer for you but maybe you could help me... We just purchased our 2020 pinnacle and cannot get the freshwater to work at all. It is hooked up correctly in the basement. We finally found the pump switch under the bottom drawer of the island and turned it on. The red light comes on when that pump turns on. After a minute, it stops and the red light flashes. We turned on the water valve under the sink. There is a PUMP button on the remote that is on the wall near the stove - we pushed that. No water from dispenser or refrigerator or ice maker. What are we doing wrong???

Thanks and I hope someone has a suggestion for your problem.
The pump button on the remote near the wall is most likely for your freshwater water tank, not the fresh water system that pulls from the 5 gallon jug.

If the under cabinet fresh water system pump has never been used it will need to be primed. When you turned the switch on, did you push the lever on the fresh water faucet? If so, can you hear the pump activating? Ours is incredibly loud so there's no question when it's on. You may have to hold the lever down for a minute or two for the pump to pull the water from the jug and purge air from the lines. If you can hear the pump coming on but still get no water, check to make sure all the hoses are seated properly coming in/out of the the pump.
20 Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie1275 View Post
Problem solved! The water filter needed replacing and once I changed it out the water in the door and ice maker resumed operation. It must have been totally clogged.
Thanks so much for letting us know your fix! I can get water (after changing out the 5 gallon jug, then priming the line) but I have not been able to get ice
I've checked the power switch and I don't think it's anything to do with valves etc since it was working before switching the 5 gallon jug and the water is working... Any suggestions based on answers you came across?
TIA
JennW is offline   Reply With Quote