Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2021, 12:22 PM   #21

Not a theft but damage at the dealer.

When my youngest son was at his first Air Force Base, he bought his dream truck. It was a brand new 2009 Dodge Ram SLE Crew Cab, long bed, 4X4 Cummins with a 6 speed manual. He added a leveling kit and some bigger tires. As a gift I added front and rear full replacement Ranch Hand bumpers.

When he took it in to the local Dodge dealer for it's first oil change they pulled it into the shop and changed the oil. The technician, thinking it was in neutral, standing outside the truck pushed in the clutch and started the engine. He released the clutch and it was in second gear. It sped off across the shop smashing things and eventually crashed into the front end alignment machine. It took out the passenger side fender, door and headlight, the front bumper, grill, radiator and a/c cooler, the hood and other odds and ends. Empty, at from cold idle in second a Cummins will move out smartly.

They called him to come up but never said why. When he walked into the shop his brand new truck was a mess. They were even pretty lighthearted about the whole thing.

Although he was devastated, he didn't want me to get involved and he settled with the dealer himself. He got a loaner truck and repairs, although they never apologized and did not treat him very well through out the several month long ordeal. It was reported as an accident by the dealer so that eventually affected his resale and it never looked brand new again. The paint never matched perfectly and it just looked, well, repaired. I was going to get a lawyer and make them do better, but he was just ready to be done.
Keith955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:42 PM   #22

Had almost the same thing happen. Dealer said they would not fix my truck, I told them if they did not fix my truck I would go to local T V station and tell my story and get it put on local News cast. Dealer said to go for it, I did and when TV station showed up at Dealership to do an interview, the Dealership General Mgr. all of sudden told me they would repair my Truck if I told the TV station not to do the story. I told him OK. But if truck was not Totally repaired I would call TV station back. My Motto is Never give up if you know you are rite,,and Bow-Up if you have to. I thought it funny how Dealership changed thier tune.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #23

Smoke-eater

So what problem did you have with the Pinnacle
Tim Hebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:52 PM   #24

A few years ago an employee of an oil change service backed into another vehicle while inside their parking lot. I was shocked when the police wanted my insurance information. Basically it was on me. Which my insurance company USAA agreed with. Basically it was about the same as if I loaned my truck to a friend. The vehicle is insured, not the driver.

The oil change place also refused to fix the vehicle they backed into.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine71-76 View Post
Well...first the 2016 Pinnacle & all the issues - still in the shop and a few issues have been found.

Now our F450 is in the shop to have the heater block plug replaced. The part wasn't in until Monday so we left the truck at the Ford dealership. Went to pick it up yesterday and someone had a darn field day!!! They popped out the lock on the tailgate and took the 3 totes we had in - had the spare hitch ball and slide extension, diesel additive, windshield wiper fluid and other miscellaneous things.

But that isn't the bad part...not sure how they got into the truck - either it was left unlocked, used some type of jimmie was used or the window was left down. They dropped out the center light from the roof (to kill the light), rummaged through the truck, removed some wires, unhooked the cat crates (we have them tied down), grease all over the seats, and wait for it...wait for it...the console safe. Yep, they tried to open the safe - no go. So they tried to remove the center console - so bad it can't lay down & it is crooked. And they left a complete set of impact sockets! It is guesstimated they were in the truck for 30 minutes.

Now waiting to hear how much it is going to cost us for repairs.

So if it wasn't for bad luck...
From what I have seen on other websites the place that has your vehicle has to pay for anything that happens on their property while they are in control of your vehicle
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 01:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
From what I have seen on other websites the place that has your vehicle has to pay for anything that happens on their property while they are in control of your vehicle
Unfortunately not in the state of Ohio. We have to report it to our insurance company. We are still waiting to hear what our final damage may be.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 01:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Hebert View Post
So what problem did you have with the Pinnacle
Oh my...there are several things but the latest are the outriggers. Here is the latest string:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...bts-83609.html
Old 03-30-2021, 02:37 PM   #28

Received a call from the police this morning. Turns out the dealership phoned in the vandalism last night. Why you might ask? Apparently while cleaning up the insides they found a debit card that did not belong to us. And we have no clue who the person is. And turns out this person is well known to the police!!! Now to wait & see what happens to him.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:52 AM   #29

We all know what should happen to him...........

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:44 AM   #30

After he gets away Scott free again (that is why he is well know)he would than qualify for a free deep sea fishing trip.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:32 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine71-76 View Post
Received a call from the police this morning. Turns out the dealership phoned in the vandalism last night. Why you might ask? Apparently while cleaning up the insides they found a debit card that did not belong to us. And we have no clue who the person is. And turns out this person is well known to the police!!! Now to wait & see what happens to him.
Can we say "KARMA"......
Old 03-31-2021, 09:09 AM   #32

We have a female whippet named Karma......Karma's a bitch.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote