Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2018, 02:19 PM   #1

Install electric fireplace

Hello. We bought a Eagle HT 26.5BHS last fall. We only had it out once in September but it was a cold couple of nights and the furnace worked just fine. But it is loud with that fan. I was thinking of putting in an electric fireplace just under the TV. This is where the factory would have installed one if we had bought that option. What I'm wondering is if anyone would know if the electrical would be roughed in to here? Has anyone else tried to install a fireplace in their RV? I'm pretty handy most of the time and playing around with electrical and wood working isn't a problem. Just wanted to get some opinions before digging in.

Thanks.
Stephen
VE6CPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
Site Team

I have not but I am sure it would be an easy mod for someone with some carpentry skills. All I have seen have a dedicated 15a service to the proximity of the fp. I don't think it would be, but a quick look in your ac panel would tell you. The outlet would be within 4 feet of the fp in a hidden location. Mine is a single receptacle.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:36 PM   #3

I'm kind of thinking of this myself, except the main problem -- besides getting approval from SWMBO -- is that the cabinet where I would put it is also the place where the access for the bathtub plumbing is, and only allows about 6" of depth.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #4

If you search the site you’ll find a few threads with lots of info and pictures on the topic. In my case I bought a fireplace that was part of a glass desk from Costco that started out at $300.00 or more and dropped to $150.00. I installed the fireplace and gave the desk to Value Village. Our 5th wheel had the option in 2 different forms that were overpriced and we opted not to. There was a dedicated plug in the lower right cabinet below the radio/DVD player.
I removed the center cabinet doors and the fireplace unit fit flush in front of the 1/4” luan that separated the tv lift space and the cabinet. I finished it off with pine I had available in my shop and stained it to match the rest of the trim. There are pictures of it on this site, I lack the know how to attach the thread. Have a look on the site.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:12 PM   #5

I think it could be . Just remove the shelving, reinforce the area and install a 110V plug for the electrical sorce.
You'll really like it because you won't be useing your propane for heat. Good luck in your remodel
Chris
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote