Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2017, 08:08 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
Did they ever give you a reason for the rate increase?

As far as the commercial insurance for your F350, Erie insurance asked quite a few questions when I purchased my 2015 Mercedes Sprinter van. Mine is a passenger van not a cargo. They initially wanted to make me get a commercial insurance policy for it, but after some discussion, they agreed that the passenger van (which actually uses car, not truck plates on it here in PA), would fit under our standard policy. A few days later, I get a call from my local agent asking me if I had intended to use my passenger van for Uber or Lyft services. Which, of course, the answer is no. I wonder if they have so many people using vehicles for purposes other than personal transportation now that they are overly cautions?
Yep that is exactly it. Neighbors son used daddy's 2015 Subaru to deliver pizza. Got into an injury accident totaling the fully insured family Subaru Forester (still on loan payments), put a 32 year old father of 3 in hospital for 2 weeks (totaled his car) and the kid broke is leg. Commercial use of the vehicle was not part of their policy and at first, the insurance company denied the claim. Lawyer and dad's agent were able to get partial coverage. Now all his vehicle insurance is at raised rate for uncovered accident (read that as accident while uninsured). Roughly $2800 additional every 6 months....all for $7.50/hour plus tips. And that's the best rate he can find. Hopefully no more accidents for the next 4 years and rate should be back to "normal".
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #22

No reason for rate increases other than they are doing it all over Florida.
Part of it is a lot of people here DO NOT have insurance, even thou it's a law you have to have it.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote