Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2021, 01:02 PM   #1

Interesting BMPro update

For those who have the BMPro, there's a new version which has just been released. Unfortunately, my 377 is in the shop for the axle recall, but here's what's included:
WHAT'S NEW
* Support RV-C compliant solar controllers, such as Go Power
* Auto-Generator-Start (AGS)
* Ability to turn on/off AC fan in Furnace Mode (applicable only to selected models)
* Support for tankless water heater (selected models only)
* Support for new RV models
* New firmware updates
* Bug fixes and improvements

The AC fan coming on with heat was a big issue for many owners, it's now configurable. What I really like is the Auto Generator Start. I am planning on installing a generator shortly and this is an awesome feature to have. Basically you set the generator to kick in when your battery voltage drops below a threshold and / or a call for A/C comes in.

I'm really curious what the solar integration is all about thought...
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #2

Karl, I was hoping some of the new updates would address the dis-connecting when away from the RV. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. SKIDAWG
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
Ruger, Rhodesian Ridgebacks
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:22 PM   #3

Maybe that's one of the fixes?
Old 03-09-2021, 04:09 PM   #4

Thanks for the update. Where did you find the Changelog?
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #5

Google Play Store for the app
Old 03-09-2021, 06:33 PM   #6

I assume we'll have to update the tablet in the rig to get the updates. I hope they fixed the TPMS issues like they said they were going to.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
Maybe that's one of the fixes?
Not in this update with my 30.5. The seperate a.c. control from heat was nice though.
pwadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 05:16 PM   #8

How do i access google play store? I have an IPhone and downloaded the jaycommand on my phone from the apple store?

I am not very good with these things. If someone can please walk me through it it would greatly be appreciated
Toolguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolguy5 View Post
How do i access google play store? I have an IPhone and downloaded the jaycommand on my phone from the apple store?

I am not very good with these things. If someone can please walk me through it it would greatly be appreciated
Your best bet is to probably look on YouTube for an Android tutorial. To get to the "Home Screen" push the circle icon at the bottom of the screen. After that the tutorial should help you get familiar with the system and/or getting to GooglePlay for the updates. Make sure you have a stable internet connect when you strat working on the tablet
FireguyEd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:52 AM   #10

Thanks FireguyED. I took my verizon hotspot (mifi) with me to the camper. I was able to connect to the internet and update the firm ware. Hopefully i will get notifications when it needs updated.

I have not played around with it to see what changes were made. Next time out i will be able to see.
Toolguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #11

Already installed on a Pinnacle 02/2020
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:29 AM   #12

BMPro update

I just installed this update yesterday on our 2021 eagle fifth wheel. The auto start for the generator is big for me because we just had a generator installed last week and I really like the ability to turn off the air conditioner fan when the furnace is running. For anyone struggling with how to do this update, there is a video on YouTube that I found from BMPro that walks you through how to update the device. The only thing on the video that you would do differently is where it says to search for the RV master application, we would search for the Jaycommand application. I did that it popped up I clicked update and everything worked perfectly.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV Camper View Post
I just installed this update yesterday on our 2021 eagle fifth wheel. The auto start for the generator is big for me because we just had a generator installed last week and I really like the ability to turn off the air conditioner fan when the furnace is running. For anyone struggling with how to do this update, there is a video on YouTube that I found from BMPro that walks you through how to update the device. The only thing on the video that you would do differently is where it says to search for the RV master application, we would search for the Jaycommand application. I did that it popped up I clicked update and everything worked perfectly.
Thank You, answered my question before asking.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:25 PM   #14

Quote:
I just installed this update yesterday on our 2021 eagle fifth wheel. The auto start for the generator is big for me because we just had a generator installed last week application.
In my opinion it’s handy only if boondocking. It would be much more useful if it disabled the auto start if there was AC power present. I would like to have the AGS as a backup should the park lose power while I am away, keeping the AC running for my pets.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:45 PM   #15

upgraded the App and firmware today. I now have the Auto Gen start feature. Now to figure out how to use it.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:09 AM   #16

TPMS issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbunke View Post
I assume we'll have to update the tablet in the rig to get the updates. I hope they fixed the TPMS issues like they said they were going to.

Curious as to what tpms issue you're having. If it's the individual tpms sensors not staying connected there is a fix which includes installing a node and antenna. My dealer did the fix 2 weeks ago and it seems to be working fine now.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:00 AM   #17

Quote:
What generator did you go with and was the install straight forward? Looking at possibly adding a generator. Thank you
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:06 AM   #18

Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Owens View Post
What generator did you go with and was the install straight forward? Looking at possibly adding a generator. Thank you
We got the Onan 5500 W generator that Jayco recommends. We have had one ordered since February and never could get any kind of confirmation on when we would be able to get one. Our dealer had a two year old pinnacle come in on trade and the generator only had two hours on it and they offered to sell it to us which we did. We had the dealer install it but I did watch and while it is not an impossible job for an average person I’m glad I didn’t do it. You will need help Setting the generator in the compartment behind the fifth wheel hitch Since it is heavy and in an awkward position. Hanging the exhaust pipe connecting the propane and connecting the wiring it’s all pretty straightforward.
WV Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Curious as to what tpms issue you're having. If it's the individual tpms sensors not staying connected there is a fix which includes installing a node and antenna. My dealer did the fix 2 weeks ago and it seems to be working fine now.
yes, I also have the antenna that BMPro gave me. Still having trouble with 1 sensor. Now BMPro won't talk with me.....I am not ready to haul it to a dealer for that yet...seems I have 1 weak sensor as the issue follows it when I move it to other tires. All new batteries.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:45 AM   #20

FYI - it looks like there was another BMPro update yesterday (9/29/21).
FireguyEd is online now   Reply With Quote