Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-16-2021, 05:45 PM   #1

Interesting third outing in our Pinnacle

Just got home after 6 days at the KOA in myrtle Beach. Great place, nice people. First day, and I am reposting this from another thread,
We just went on our third trip with our '21 Pinnacle 36FBTS. Once at the campground one of the awnings would not extend or make any noise while the other worked fine. Dealer had me check fuses, open up the belly of the beast and check more fuses on the BMPRO board, no joy. I already knew that as far as Jayco went, I would need to be at a dealer to get it fixed. My dealer is 450+ miles away at this point. We purchased a fancy warranty and called them and they said yes they would pay. We found a local company on the KOA brochure, they were there in 15minutes. I thought it was a power issue to the motor, and it was. It had come unplugged because, according to the two tech repair gentlemen, it was Jayco shoddy workmanship. The power cord was too tight, not enough slack, and they proceeded to show me how it should have been done to begin with but it would have taken a bit longer to do so they went the cheap route. They fiddled with it and got us enough slack that it should not be a problem. We had to pay them, said the warranty company had stiffed them before. They called and actually had the claim approved until he told them the problem was Jayco's shoddy workmanship and not anything broken, so they reneged, and we were out of $280.

Next morning I woke up to a small puddle of water in the half bathroom. Took one cheap board panel off and found the back of the Fogatti tankless water heater. It had a small drip coming from the water intake connection. It was very tight, so that was not the issue. It took a pair of channel locks to loosen it. Went to Lowes and bought some plumbers tape thinking it was an easy fix. Dealer asked about the water pressure, said it should be under 60PSI and it was right at 52-53PSI. I should add it is not located in an easy accessible location, good thing I am not large built. it still leaked, but the leak was coming from the back of the female connector, and not the threads in front. It also has a built in gasket. After a while i gave up, put a towel under it and turned the water off outside. Told my bride we will turn it on when needed and back off. I did this a couple of times and then she went to take a shower. I left it on and checked an hour later and it was dry as a bone. Removed the towel and dried everything well with paper towels. Checked every hour until bed time, no leak. Next morning, no leak, and 2 days later, no leak!! Totally confused lol. I have kept the panel off but it is dry as a bone.
Today we left Myrtle Beach, and I was dumping and flushing tanks before leaving. I have this new Camco gismo that allows me to flush any of the tanks, although I have 2 black tank flush ports. She said she kept hearing me flush from the inside and after a while she heard a new noise but dismissed it. About this time I hear a "fan" running and it was the furnace fan right next to the wet bay. I walked around inside asking why she had the heater running. She was gone walking the dogs. I checked the AC and it was as it should be. Called dealer again, we discussed it and he said to pull the fuse while he checked with his tech people. Drove home 3.5 hours, unloaded the RV and replaced the fuse. No fan!! Is it gremlins??