Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2016, 01:54 PM   #1

Interior Exterior Light Mayhem

First time poster here. I have a 2016 Eagle 355MBQS. After having it for about 3 weeks, I decided to use the remote for the first time. I turned off and on the awning 1 light witht the remote, and played around with the interior lights as well. Now, I'm unable to turn on kitchen/living room lights without first depressing lights on the remote and then turning the awning 1 light. Once I've done that, I can then hit the 2 switches for the kitchen/living lights. All switches and lights worked prior to using the remote.

I disconnected the negative lead on the battery and shore power in an attempt to reset the configuration; no change in symptoms. I've done a visual inspection of the relay board and see nothing irregular.

I'm an electronics technician by trade, but I'd like to know if anyone has experienced similar issues before I get out my multimeter and really tear into this thing.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Mike
_Mike_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #2

I think you may need to reset your remote control to default settings again. There should be instructions on how to do that with your stack of manuals!

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mike_ View Post
First time poster here. I have a 2016 Eagle 355MBQS. After having it for about 3 weeks, I decided to use the remote for the first time. I turned off and on the awning 1 light witht the remote, and played around with the interior lights as well. Now, I'm unable to turn on kitchen/living room lights without first depressing lights on the remote and then turning the awning 1 light. Once I've done that, I can then hit the 2 switches for the kitchen/living lights. All switches and lights worked prior to using the remote.

I disconnected the negative lead on the battery and shore power in an attempt to reset the configuration; no change in symptoms. I've done a visual inspection of the relay board and see nothing irregular.

I'm an electronics technician by trade, but I'd like to know if anyone has experienced similar issues before I get out my multimeter and really tear into this thing.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Mike
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #3

What is turned on with the Remote, must be turned off with the Remote. You can not turn it on with the Remote, and turn off the same fixture with the switch in the Control Panel. Not sure why Jayco did this....

One would think it is a "2way switch", but it is not.
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7349 View Post
What is turned on with the Remote, must be turned off with the Remote. You can not turn it on with the Remote, and turn off the same fixture with the switch in the Control Panel. Not sure why Jayco did this....

One would think it is a "2way switch", but it is not.
Yup, except my 2nd awning lights you can turn on with the remote and turn off inside.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #5

John, I'm following you on that, but why and how did it jack up all my switching...
Old 08-03-2016, 05:21 PM   #6

The 2nd awning is a momentary switch; that's why it works with either.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:16 PM   #7

Quote:
John, I'm following you on that, but why and how did it jack up all my switching...
I'm not too sure Mike. I have had my 5th wheel about 3 weeks now. Learning as I go...
Hopefully someone out there will have the answer.
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:23 PM   #8

Sorry for the late update:

Blown 15A fuse for the main slideout lights was the cause. Using the remote and local switches in conjuction can cause a fuse to blow. The configuration of the relays that operate with the wireless remote caused the switches on the main switch panel to operate abnormally.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Sorry for the late update:

Blown 15A fuse for the main slideout lights was the cause. Using the remote and local switches in conjuction can cause a fuse to blow. The configuration of the relays that operate with the wireless remote caused the switches on the main switch panel to operate abnormally.
Excellent bit of sleuthing! Thanks for the update. We have the remote but haven't run into this (yet). I'll be on watch now.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #10

hmm, double post

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote