Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2018, 07:57 PM   #1

Interior lighting issues

We have a 2017 Jayco HT with some lighting settings that we don't like. The first is two low- hanging dinette lights that keep attacking my husband's head. Shorter replacement lights through Camping World or our dealer are really pricey. Any suggestions about replacing them more cheaply? Secondly, our dinette area light switch is touch-activated for brightening and dimming. My husband hates it and wants a regular off/on switch. How do we change it?
irmapeltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #2

If they are 12 volt lights it shouldn't take much time at all to find some alternatives on places such as www.amazon.com.

Same goes for the switch. And most RV-type switches we are familiar with have a snap-on face plate and then just a couple of screws holding them to the wall.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #3

One of mine broke off currently looking for replacement
that isn't so hard on the head
newsleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmapeltier View Post
We have a 2017 Jayco HT with some lighting settings that we don't like. The first is two low- hanging dinette lights that keep attacking my husband's head. Shorter replacement lights through Camping World or our dealer are really pricey. Any suggestions about replacing them more cheaply? Secondly, our dinette area light switch is touch-activated for brightening and dimming. My husband hates it and wants a regular off/on switch. How do we change it?
remove the light and have a look. usually easy to shorten the wiring. or just change the fixture.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #5

Light was one piece and broke off the trim ring. Real junk. Already cut the wires covered with electrical tape until I find a fix
Old 05-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #6

Search for rv light switch and pick the one that is the same size as the dimmer so you cover the hole. Also the dimmer may use 2 black and 1 white, with the switch you don't need the white one just tape it up.