Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2019, 07:04 PM   #1

Inverter problem

Has anyone else had trouble with the inverter going bad on your 2018 Jayco Eagle? Mine has gone out twice and waiting to hear from the warranty company now..
mwitt57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:01 PM   #2

What are your symptoms when it fails? Some people mix up their converter with their inverter. The converter changes 120 volts to 12 volts and the inverter changes 12 volts to 120 volts.

The units these days are generally pretty reliable. I had to replace the converter in my rig because it would not go into its 14.4 volt boost mode. I initially had a problem with my inverter not working but I found out that it had a ground fault outlet on it and it had tripped. I discovered that if I have my inverter on when I fired up the generator, the ground fault would sometimes trip. Not always, just once in awhile.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #3

The electric socket that the refrigerator plugs into stopped working and I lost everything in my refrigerator for the second time. I plugged it into one of the other electric sockets in my living area and it works fine.. They replaced the inverter last August after I had it for only a month.. I am waiting to hear from Jayco tomorrow and hopefully get it working again.
mary57witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary57witt View Post
The electric socket that the refrigerator plugs into stopped working and I lost everything in my refrigerator for the second time. I plugged it into one of the other electric sockets in my living area and it works fine.. They replaced the inverter last August after I had it for only a month.. I am waiting to hear from Jayco tomorrow and hopefully get it working again.
If you feel comfortable doing this, then take a look. In the inverter the you will a 12/2 romex the comes from the panel and one that goes to the refer. Make sure they are landed in the wago connector all the way. Believe it or not, but the installers will try to cram it in to the connector. The way to do it is with a number 2 screw driver, you have to release the clip then push the wire in. I have a 2019 RLOK and this is what was wrong with mine. To be safe turn off the 12 volts and the 120 power while you troubleshoot.
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote