Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2017, 10:04 AM   #1

Is this normal? 377RLBH

Does Jayco normally kick these things out of the factory with this much stuff wrong?

Problems and most of what I have fixed so far -

1. Awnings not operating properly

2. Front door not closing properly. Adjusted and lubed

3. Repaired torn up coax under living room TV.

4. Lost water pressure while boondocking. Found missing pipe clamp in the underbelly on water tank line causing vacuum leak. Installed clamp.

5. Lost water pressure again while boondocking. Found soft tubing was used for the suction line going to pump and it sucked shut. Replaced with pex from Home Depot.

6. Auto level system fails on occasion. Have to reset power to get it to work. Auto hitch height function has only worked once so far.

7. Lost water pressure again while hooked up at RV site. Appears to be some crap in the pipes that has finally migrated to the outdoor shower.

8. Freezer occasionally spikes up to 48 degrees, melting everything and causing a puddle on the floor.

9. Recliners don't function correctly

10. Hall sensor error message on kitchen slide out controller

11. Oven stops working on occasion. Burner quits while something is in the oven, not sure why yet.

Closest dealer is 2 1/2 hours away and earliest service date is two months out. This whole "2 year warranty" thing doesn't help.
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #2

I should also add that we live in this full time. So, I can't just drop it off for the dealer to fix everything.
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Production demand is high, so during the production process they will miss things. Sad but true. See it as buying a shell and you have to finish it.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #4

Normal as in the way things should be? No. Normal as in the way things are? I'm afraid yes.

Sounds like you're mechanically inclined/handy to fix and improve certain things, but I would say that every new trailer will need a couple doctor's visits to get healthy. It's good you have a documented list, and I hope your dealer is a good one that will get you up and going. You'll just have to be patient and wait for your date.

I agree that the 2 year warranty thing has to be taken with a grain of salt. Most dealers are swamped with their own customers who bought there so they will turn away others. Even if you can bring it to the dealer you bought from, sometimes that wait can be too long for certain items rendering the trailer unusable.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #5

No, not normal for ours anyway.

I did have a couple of water leaks that I fixed (one PEX fitting, tighten faucet connections). Black tank flush plugged up. Small leak in one of the grey tank valves.

Couple of drawers came apart on a really rough road.

Had some wires the dealer rerouted for me. Dealer also ordered a new water pump switch cause the little light did not come on.

That was it. We full time in ours as well.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
I should also add that we live in this full time. So, I can't just drop it off for the dealer to fix everything.
My dealer plugs it in, connects water and lets us stay overnight in it. Just say'n.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:05 PM   #7

The last two would not do that for us.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #8

We had a lot of problems with ours, some of them were Jayco but a lot of them were problems with accessories they installed. Dryer, air conditioner, fire place and refrigerator.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
Does Jayco normally kick these things out of the factory with this much stuff wrong?

Problems and most of what I have fixed so far -

1. Awnings not operating properly

2. Front door not closing properly. Adjusted and lubed

3. Repaired torn up coax under living room TV.

4. Lost water pressure while boondocking. Found missing pipe clamp in the underbelly on water tank line causing vacuum leak. Installed clamp.

5. Lost water pressure again while boondocking. Found soft tubing was used for the suction line going to pump and it sucked shut. Replaced with pex from Home Depot.

6. Auto level system fails on occasion. Have to reset power to get it to work. Auto hitch height function has only worked once so far.

7. Lost water pressure again while hooked up at RV site. Appears to be some crap in the pipes that has finally migrated to the outdoor shower.

8. Freezer occasionally spikes up to 48 degrees, melting everything and causing a puddle on the floor.

9. Recliners don't function correctly

10. Hall sensor error message on kitchen slide out controller

11. Oven stops working on occasion. Burner quits while something is in the oven, not sure why yet.

Closest dealer is 2 1/2 hours away and earliest service date is two months out. This whole "2 year warranty" thing doesn't help.
A good portion of this list are items that Jayco has no control over...ie Range, Refrigerator, Sensors, Recliners, Awning...door not closing most likely rig not level and torqued... May help to let us know what unit you have?

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:14 AM   #10

I understand that appliances are not strictly Jayco's warranty issue...but...Jayco should be made aware that their suppliers are sending them bad units.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #11

I Purchased our 37RLBH in March this year and here are the problems I had:
1. Oven/Cook top would not light. After being told by the dealer that it would be two months before they could look at it for repairs I started investigating and found some trash right at the "T" fitting behind the oven where the supply feeds the oven and cook top.
2. First time I extended the front awning it got into a bind and almost ripped the supporting frame off the side of the trailer. Again two months before they could look at it so I put additional screws in the frame and it works great. Cant tell what they repaired when I did take it in, all looks the same.
3. Led strip lights fell out of both the front and rear awnings. Found they were just stuck up there in a slot, the cover for the self adhesive backing had not even been removed.
4. Very suspicious of the roof ladder, screws a the top look like they are trying to pull out.
5. In what world is a green wire " Hot"? found this little jem when I was wiring a camera into the rear of the trailer...........

Just returned from 4 days in the Great Smokey Mountains and all-in-all had a great time with the 5th wheel everything worked as it should.
joelbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbjr View Post
I Purchased our 37RLBH in March this year and here are the problems I had:
1. Oven/Cook top would not light. After being told by the dealer that it would be two months before they could look at it for repairs I started investigating and found some trash right at the "T" fitting behind the oven where the supply feeds the oven and cook top.
2. First time I extended the front awning it got into a bind and almost ripped the supporting frame off the side of the trailer. Again two months before they could look at it so I put additional screws in the frame and it works great. Cant tell what they repaired when I did take it in, all looks the same.
3. Led strip lights fell out of both the front and rear awnings. Found they were just stuck up there in a slot, the cover for the self adhesive backing had not even been removed.
4. Very suspicious of the roof ladder, screws a the top look like they are trying to pull out.
5. In what world is a green wire " Hot"? found this little jem when I was wiring a camera into the rear of the trailer...........

Just returned from 4 days in the Great Smokey Mountains and all-in-all had a great time with the 5th wheel everything worked as it should.
Living full time now for a year in the Jayco ... a few problems nothing that is real bad, ummmm lets see automatic vent fan quit, they sent a new board from factory immediately, propane hose leaked they sent a replacement , the inside seals in bunk room came off when opening slides and tore them up not resolved yet... OH yes the double recliners are a piece of S..T to put it nice. I called the company that made them they could care less ....no wonder Chinese junk sells here so good. This was a 2017 model 377 the manufactures were Franklin corporationnmade recliners .... also the stove top quit lighting when turned on ,,,fixed that the insulation was so thin on the ignition wires going to the burners they were grounding threw them to the stove instead of igniters at burner that was easy fix . Other than that ok . Would i buy another Jayco well the jury still out . Don't sweat the small stuff is my motto
blink is offline   Reply With Quote