Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #1

It never seems to end

Based upon a post on this forum by one of the members who stated that he had added a vent and that his unit had been wired for it. He had contacted Jayco for details on where and how. (Thank you to the poster of this info)

Since my unit does not have a vent fan in the bathroom I decided to follow the advice and in doing my research I discovered that on my spec sheet (window sticker) that indeed I have an item "Bathroom Power Vent" that is part of the mandatory "Customer Value Package" and is listed on the Jayco website: 2016 Eagle Fifth Wheel Standards & Options | Jayco, Inc.

I have sent Jayco Customer Svc an e mail so I expect to hear back...

I will keep all informed of how this progresses, but if its like my other requests for support I will get a response that says its a "design feature" (meaning the fact I paid for it and don't have it, well that my problem)...
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #2

Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.
Jayco reserves the right to make changes or discontinue a model.

Or the vent guy called in sick that day.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.
Jayco reserves the right to make changes or discontinue a model.

Or the vent guy called in sick that day.
LOL, yea, but my spec sheet lists it as an installed item, I bought and paid for it. Sure they make changes and or discontinue, nothing wrong there. In fact on a truck I ordered a few years back the dealer refunded me $ for a couple of things I ordered that were not installed on the truck and they did not have in stock to install. No big deal, but I don't a bathroom vent that is listed on my spec sheet. Ok, fine put one in and we will all be happy...
Old 05-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #4

Yep bathroom power vent is standard on that model. Hopefully they will make it right and install one.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Yep bathroom power vent is standard on that model. Hopefully they will make it right and install one.
I may end up just paying them to do it if they will send me the part. So far all the warranty work on my rig has been by my own labor, which is fine by me, I have no real issue with that, better than waiting 4-5 mo for them to work it in for warranty, but can get me in next day if I pay...
Old 05-06-2016, 12:56 PM   #6

Are you sure you don't have one? It is just a small fan located in the ceiling vent, it's not a separate unit. Sometimes you don't even realize it's there when your looking for a vent like you would have in a home.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
I may end up just paying them to do it if they will send me the part. So far all the warranty work on my rig has been by my own labor, which is fine by me, I have no real issue with that, better than waiting 4-5 mo for them to work it in for warranty, but can get me in next day if I pay...
Seems odd that you have to wait 4-5 months for warranty but can get you in next day if you pay. The dealer gets paid no matter what - either by Jayco or you. Unless I'm missing something I don't think the lack of Jayco QC is all on the dealer's dime.

My dealer has been great and has taken care of all my problems promptly and that's the way it should be. You shouldn't have to go to Jayco every time you have a problem. I think you need to all over your dealer to make things right.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Are you sure you don't have one? It is just a small fan located in the ceiling vent, it's not a separate unit. Sometimes you don't even realize it's there when your looking for a vent like you would have in a home.
Wags, there are 2 ceiling fixtures in the bathroom:

1) Skylight over the shower

2) Vent over the toilet, but there is NO fan of any kind in it.

Here is what jayco said:

Hello you will have to contact your Jayco dealer because I ran your work order based upon your breakdown I show that your unit should have the following unit model installed I am noting this on file and that you are instructed to contact your Jayco dealership because all warranty issue’s must be required to go through the Jayco dealership unfortunately.

FAN,EZ BREEZE PWR VNT+ MNL LFT

Anthony Rodriguez
Technical Representative-Retail
Jayco INC.
Ph: 800.283.8267
Email: service@jayco.com
Jayco, Inc.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #9

I work at a Ford dealer and if we told our customers 4-5 months for repair, we'd be out of business. The dealer gets paid regardless of how..be it cash or warranty. I guess they don't drive for CSI.(customer service scores). I know this sounds stupid but I'd find another dealer. I'd pick this thing apart too and make an extensive list. Absolutely absurd customer service. Good Luck!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
I work at a Ford dealer and if we told our customers 4-5 months for repair, we'd be out of business. The dealer gets paid regardless of how..be it cash or warranty. I guess they don't drive for CSI.(customer service scores). I know this sounds stupid but I'd find another dealer. I'd pick this thing apart too and make an extensive list. Absolutely absurd customer service. Good Luck!
Yea, I understand for sure. But they are the nearest and are about 1 hr + away, after than its Houston or Dallas area. So they got me.

I have owned 3 RV's, 2 were brand new, this one and my first, NEVER again, but used and let someone else go thru the process of sorting it out.

My second, was used just one time and they checked into a motel and did not even spend the night in it. So I got it new for all practical purposes. I have owned it almost 8 problem free years in spite of being used year round.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
Yea, I understand for sure. But they are the nearest and are about 1 hr + away, after than its Houston or Dallas area. So they got me.

I have owned 3 RV's, 2 were brand new, this one and my first, NEVER again, but used and let someone else go thru the process of sorting it out.

My second, was used just one time and they checked into a motel and did not even spend the night in it. So I got it new for all practical purposes. I have owned it almost 8 problem free years in spite of being used year round.
Man, sorry to hear all this. Very discouraging. Hopefully, it'll be sorted out in a timely manner and you'll be up and running soon. Keep us posted!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #12

If it's a vent with the little fan then it's not worth anything. You can fart and move more air than those little fans. If you can square up somehow with Jayco then just have them send you an upgrade like a Fantastic fan or Maxair.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:31 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
If it's a vent with the little fan then it's not worth anything. You can fart and move more air than those little fans. If you can square up somehow with Jayco then just have them send you an upgrade like a Fantastic fan or Maxair.
Agreed. I replaced mine with a Vortex fan. The OEM fans are not much good.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #14

Is all this nightmare (scheduling) with your selling dealer? Not that it should matter.

I mean, sure your own warranty customers come first. But to tell someone it will take X-weeks to look at your unit for warranty but if you pay up front I can look at it today is pure BS.

I would be filing a complaint against this dealer with Jayco right away.
wfd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #15

I agree that this problem certainly seems to be dealer oriented issue. The fact that Jayco wants you to work thru your dealer makes perfect sense. Dealers by and large see different problems every day and should be the first line of use to correct a problem. I'm having trouble understanding what is the hold up with the dealer. He gets paid either way!! If there's not more to this story then we are seeing, I'd go to another dealer no matter what the distance to get this fan business resolved and then let Jayco in on WHY I had to go to another dealer!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:37 PM   #16

I think much of the issue is with a poor PDI. All these things were shown to us on our PDI, Fan was turned on to show it worked.. In fact I think it was on when we entered. Tanks, drains and locations were all shown and opened and closed. Electric, water sewer etc were all shown. I think his dealer let him down when they did the PDI, obviously they didn't cover these items. I had a list and didn't even bother using it as the service person was very through and organized. Even when I said I know how it works, he took the time to show us again, just to make sure.

sorry for your issues, we were lucky, picked ours up and lived in it for the next 5 months. Had no real warranty work needed, a few loose screws etc I just did myself.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #17

Quote:
I agree (but good luck having them upgrade you to Maxxair or Fantastic Fan). Not only are the factory installed fans cheap but the housing they use is also cheap. When I replaced mine (unit was about 1 year old) the weather seal was all but deteriorated and the plastic lid was about as flimsy as anything made could be. If you are serious about RVing, you need to replace that anyway

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #18

Stopped by the dealer yesterday on the way back home and got them to acknowledge that our unit did NOT have the vent fan as per the 'window sticker'. So a step in the right direction.