Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2021, 01:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Beautiful Dream and very nice to hear positives about RV / Truck Dealers for a change...
Yes it is!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #22

I usually refrain from posting because I am a dealer but here goes…..

My name is Eli Ward and my wife and I own Northern RV Center along with her sister and brother-in-law. The dealership has been in our family for 41 years and was the 40th dealer to sign on with Jayco. I am Yooper20s dealer.

This post is NOT an advertisement for my dealership. I always support finding a local dealer that you trust. I am making the post because it is encouraging to see how many people realize the important role that a dealer plays in not only the purchasing but the OWNING experience. It’s easy to sell a camper. It’s hard, expensive and requires long hours to make sure your customers are taken care of AFTER the sale. Unfortunately in this day and age there are some dealers out there just wanting to grab the sale for today with no regard for customer service in the future. I want to assure all of you that there are still good people and good dealers that care about their customers. Many sleepless nights are spent by people I know at Jayco and other dealers worrying about how to properly take care of their customers.

I will also add that customers who understand the difficulties we are having right now make all the difference. We have never seen anything like this in the history of the industry. Customers who are willing to work through these challenges with us make all the difference.

We are real people and we love to camp too. We actually just upgraded our 2015 26.5 BHS HT to a 2021 31MB this spring and my family loves it. We buy our own campers with our own money so we understand the importance of the investment and the commitment.

In the end I just want to say thanks to Yooper20 for his business and new friendship and also a word of encouragement to the rest of you that there are still people who care about you and take great pride in what they do.

-Eli Ward
GM/President
Northern RV Center
EliWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:29 PM   #23

Wonderful to hear an experience of the way things oughta be! Best wishes for wonderful adventures and great memories with your new rig!

We have an enigmatic home town dealer. The salesman at Terrytown wanted to sell us a 17' hybrid even though we wanted a 16' so he came up with a ridiculous price. We special ordered our trailer from the factory and purchased it from the huge nearby dealer at a very low price.

However, the dealer service, 90 miles away, was terrible, really a ways beyond terrible so we took it to Terrytown and explained our situation. They responded with genuine care and service. They repaired the warranty work as if it was their prized possession, always courteous, knowledgeable, and unbiased about where we purchased the rig.

We're out of warranty now, but if I need something requiring an RV shop I'll be in touch with Terrytown. And I've often shared the good experience we've had with Terrytown.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #24

Congratulations on reaching retirement! Sweet looking rig! Happy Trails...
Gusto_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper20 View Post
I researched and bought a Pullrite 20K Autoslide. Works like a charm. Have the Ford puck system. Got a mobile 1000 lb engine hoist and rigged it with a special pin with a ring that locks into the hitch and allows me effortlessly remove and install the hitch.
Great idea, I have a Harbor Freight hoist and I use it to lift my lawn tractor up to work on it and its great. I have it in my shed and used it for years. I have an engine lift but it's not used that much. The hoist is permanently mounted and can lift anything with the push of a button
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:04 PM   #26

Looks

Nice looking combination and you had a great experience in your purchase.
corv65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:34 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger431 View Post
Very nice rig! We just made the switch last year to a 5’er after almost 20 years of TT and love it! Had to wait to the 3 oldest kids left the nest to be able to fit the DW and other 3 kids in a truck versus the Excursion LOL.

Would love to see a picture of your engine hoist set up. Been thinking of doing something similar so I don’t give myself a hernia if I have to pull the hitch out.

This is our retirement dream too, I just started about 15 years early....
We decided to go with a gooseneck instead. Easy to remove, lightweight and tows fantastic. And the Reese doesn’t nullify the warranty.
Luv2RV.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:47 AM   #28

Exclamation

Can someone recommend a good Jayco dealer in the Houston, TX area?? I need to order a part.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Can someone recommend a good Jayco dealer in the Houston, TX area?? I need to order a part.
I'll be watching to see if you find one. I haven't yet.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:46 PM   #30
CwD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliWard View Post

-Eli Ward
GM/President
Northern RV Center
Thank you for posting Eli. Always good to hear the positive experiences and refreshing to hear from a dealer.

CwD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliWard View Post

My name is Eli Ward and my wife and I own Northern RV Center along with her sister and brother-in-law. The dealership has been in our family for 41 years and was the 40th dealer to sign on with Jayco. I am Yooper20s dealer.

This post is NOT an advertisement for my dealership. I always support finding a local dealer that you trust. I am making the post because it is encouraging to see how many people realize the important role that a dealer plays in not only the purchasing but the OWNING experience. It’s easy to sell a camper. It’s hard, expensive and requires long hours to make sure your customers are taken care of AFTER the sale. Unfortunately in this day and age there are some dealers out there just wanting to grab the sale for today with no regard for customer service in the future. I want to assure all of you that there are still good people and good dealers that care about their customers. Many sleepless nights are spent by people I know at Jayco and other dealers worrying about how to properly take care of their customers.

I will also add that customers who understand the difficulties we are having right now make all the difference. We have never seen anything like this in the history of the industry. Customers who are willing to work through these challenges with us make all the difference.

We are real people and we love to camp too. We actually just upgraded our 2015 26.5 BHS HT to a 2021 31MB this spring and my family loves it. We buy our own campers with our own money so we understand the importance of the investment and the commitment.

In the end I just want to say thanks to Yooper20 for his business and new friendship and also a word of encouragement to the rest of you that there are still people who care about you and take great pride in what they do.

-Eli Ward
GM/President
Northern RV Center
When we bought our Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS, we shopped for a dealer before shopping for our next RV—that’s how important a great dealer is to us! We purchased ours from Hayes RV here in east Texas and they have been fantastic from the get-go! Glad to see a family owned business like theirs still thriving after nearly 50 years, and to see others out there that still treat customers right!