Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-17-2023, 02:06 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 4,273
If anyone reading this and have a North Point 310RLTS can you measure the jacks pads I would like to order some Snap Pads for my first mod.
__________________
2023 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2023 Chevy Duramax 3500 CCLB
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:10 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
F350guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Get well soon and back on the road. Glad the surgery went fine, now a little PT and you will be good as new.
Thank you. This is day 10 from surgery. Sore as the dickens and PT hurts but it's getting better every day. The home health pt lady is nice but she takes no prisoners. We cancelled all of our trips this year except for our usual month long trip to Colorado in September. The other knee gets done shortly after Christmas so hopefully I'll be far enough along with it so next year's travel can be back to normal.
__________________
Jim
2020 F350 Platinum, srw, lbcc, 4X4, 6.7 diesel, 12,400 GVWR
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS, Reese Goose Box
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 01:44 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 4,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Thank you. This is day 10 from surgery. Sore as the dickens and PT hurts but it's getting better every day. The home health pt lady is nice but she takes no prisoners. We cancelled all of our trips this year except for our usual month long trip to Colorado in September. The other knee gets done shortly after Christmas so hopefully I'll be far enough along with it so next year's travel can be back to normal.

Get well sir and take it easy there will be another day you health is more important.
__________________
2023 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2023 Chevy Duramax 3500 CCLB
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 01:19 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 4,273
Getting ready to pick up my NP 310rlts so I received my B&W hitch today, about time I put it together it was dark and I can put it in by myself with no problem, in two pieces of course.
Attached Thumbnails
20230519_212803.jpg   20230519_212821.jpg   20230519_212826.jpg   20230519_212920.jpg  
__________________
2023 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2023 Chevy Duramax 3500 CCLB
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:16 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 4,273
Pick up tomorrow, pics will be posted.
__________________
2023 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2023 Chevy Duramax 3500 CCLB
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 06:39 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
TxLoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,056
Itís morningÖ. Whereís the pics? Lol. Good luck with the pickup today. I havenít had new trailer day in almost 4 years. Iíll live vicariously through you.
__________________
2019 Eagle 321RSTS
2019 Chevy 3500HD SRW Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 09:16 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 4,273
Hey guys I went and pick up my new North Point 310rlts today, these are at the dealer more are coming.
Attached Thumbnails
20230524_125019_resized.jpg   20230524_125059_resized.jpg   20230524_131326_resized.jpg   20230524_141823_resized.jpg   20230524_132549_resized.jpg  

20230524_125213_resized.jpg   20230524_125010_resized.jpg   20230524_141853_resized.jpg  
__________________
2023 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2023 Chevy Duramax 3500 CCLB
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 09:20 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 4,273
I took these pics with my cell phone when we were doing the PDI and after, more will come when we go out gamping, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
20230524_131623_resized.jpg   20230524_131751_resized.jpg   20230524_132536_resized.jpg   20230524_132540_resized.jpg  
__________________
2023 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2023 Chevy Duramax 3500 CCLB
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 03:35 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
jetlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Vanceboro
Posts: 1,602
Very nice. enjoy
__________________
2021 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch
jetlag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:12 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
F350guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 633
Nice, nice, nice. You done good.
__________________
Jim
2020 F350 Platinum, srw, lbcc, 4X4, 6.7 diesel, 12,400 GVWR
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS, Reese Goose Box
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:32 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
jetlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Vanceboro
Posts: 1,602
Hey Big1, just curious, what made you go back from your new class A to the 5th wheel? if you posted the reason I missed it. We have pondered going motorized but not convinced as of now
__________________
2021 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch
jetlag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:31 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
TxLoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,056
That looks awesome. That color combo is perfect. Is it the angle or are some air bags in your future?

I know itís heavier than your previous Eagle but curious how the GM pulls vs Ram.
__________________
2019 Eagle 321RSTS
2019 Chevy 3500HD SRW Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:37 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
F350guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Hey Big1, just curious, what made you go back from your new class A to the 5th wheel? if you posted the reason I missed it. We have pondered going motorized but not convinced as of now
I feel like I'm butting in but I'm sure Big1 will respond when he has time. Lots to do when changing to a new rig.

Since we did the fifth wheel to motorhome and back to fifth wheel thing I'll give you my reasons, for what they're worth. We had a couple of them, a gas and a diesel pusher for 9 years total. The gas was so hard to drive. It did not want to stay in a straight line. Threw some money at it which helped but not enough to keep it past 2 years. We had the dp for 7 years. It was better but not a high end enough model to not have driving issues. Threw enough money at it buying shocks, stabilizers, track bars, etc. to finally make it acceptable.

My real issue with it was I was way out of my comfort zone with maintenance and repairs. Not many things on it I could fix and some things are costly especially when it comes to the drive train. No one in my area wanted to work on it so I had to drive at least a 100 miles for repairs. I did learn to do the maintenance, as best I could. Anyway, it just finally wore me down and I told the wife we are either going back to a fifth wheel and truck or I want to just sell and quit. She liked the motorhome but reluctantly agreed.

Most will say how convenient a motorhome is and they are right, it is. It just didn't fit in my comfort and cost level like our fifth wheels have. Nothing right or wrong about what you want or have. It's a highly individual decision and all the advice in the world is probably worth what you paid for it so take mine as one not so smart guy's experience.
__________________
Jim
2020 F350 Platinum, srw, lbcc, 4X4, 6.7 diesel, 12,400 GVWR
2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS, Reese Goose Box
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:09 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 4,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
I feel like I'm butting in but I'm sure Big1 will respond when he has time. Lots to do when changing to a new rig.

Since we did the fifth wheel to motorhome and back to fifth wheel thing I'll give you my reasons, for what they're worth. We had a couple of them, a gas and a diesel pusher for 9 years total. The gas was so hard to drive. It did not want to stay in a straight line. Threw some money at it which helped but not enough to keep it past 2 years. We had the dp for 7 years. It was better but not a high end enough model to not have driving issues. Threw enough money at it buying shocks, stabilizers, track bars, etc. to finally make it acceptable.

My real issue with it was I was way out of my comfort zone with maintenance and repairs. Not many things on it I could fix and some things are costly especially when it comes to the drive train. No one in my area wanted to work on it so I had to drive at least a 100 miles for repairs. I did learn to do the maintenance, as best I could. Anyway, it just finally wore me down and I told the wife we are either going back to a fifth wheel and truck or I want to just sell and quit. She liked the motorhome but reluctantly agreed.

Most will say how convenient a motorhome is and they are right, it is. It just didn't fit in my comfort and cost level like our fifth wheels have. Nothing right or wrong about what you want or have. It's a highly individual decision and all the advice in the world is probably worth what you paid for it so take mine as one not so smart guy's experience.

And you hit it on the nail head for all of the reasons that you mention, we wanted to like it but after looking at the cost of maintaining it along with another tow car, my wife car, and tow dolly it's not worth it in the long run.

I love towing I just bought my new Chevy and I'm glad I did because even the wife said it's not worth it with what was mentions..


@ TxLoser, I was thinking that about the airbag because when I was level ground it's more level, it's just when I took those pics the ground wasn't level. In stead of airbags I might do either Sumo Spring or go back to Timbrens, but I want to take it out again and see.

We have a trip plan soon but now we need to place all of ours stuff that we took out of the motorhome into the new 5th wheel I pack most of everything in boxes, hopefully that this is the last time, in a long while anyway.

Thank you guys for your comments the DW and I are excited to go but we have our church to do first with all of the programs that we have coming up.
__________________
2023 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2023 Chevy Duramax 3500 CCLB
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:55 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 4,273
Hey guys, the dealer only put one battery in my NP but I'm going to install another battery, it's Group 27 battery, do any of you have a diagram on how to connect the two, I did it before but forgot.
__________________
2023 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2023 Chevy Duramax 3500 CCLB
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:49 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Northern California
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Hey guys, the dealer only put one battery in my NP but I'm going to install another battery, it's Group 27 battery, do any of you have a diagram on how to connect the two, I did it before but forgot.
Very nice purchase, and a very nice floorplan. I like the dual opposing slides. Much like ours, but we only have the 24.5CKTS. A miniature version of yours. If we upsized, the 31RLTS would be on our short list.

I have 3 Group 27 batteries in my 5er. Here is a diagram of my wiring setup.
You want the batteries tied in parallel. + to + tied together and - to - tied together. With 2 batteries, you have double the current and it is still at 12V.

Jayco Electrical.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jayco Electrical.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	88207
__________________

David

2019 Jayco Eagle HT 24.5CKTS (new to me 9/2022)
2016 F250 6.7L CCSB 4x4 - AirLift 5000
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
David_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:15 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 4,273
Awesome, thank you David, I appreciated it, I'm going to go to CW tomorrow and get another battery to setup, this is great and thank you for your comment, we love this setup we just can't wait to put all of our stuff back in from the motorhome into our 5th wheel.
__________________
2023 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2023 Chevy Duramax 3500 CCLB
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 12:01 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Northern California
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Awesome, thank you David, I appreciated it, I'm going to go to CW tomorrow and get another battery to setup, this is great and thank you for your comment, we love this setup we just can't wait to put all of our stuff back in from the motorhome into our 5th wheel.
You will probably get a better price on a deep cycle battery at Costco if you are a member.
__________________

David

2019 Jayco Eagle HT 24.5CKTS (new to me 9/2022)
2016 F250 6.7L CCSB 4x4 - AirLift 5000
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
David_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 04:27 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
jetlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Vanceboro
Posts: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
I feel like I'm butting in but I'm sure Big1 will respond when he has time. Lots to do when changing to a new rig.

Since we did the fifth wheel to motorhome and back to fifth wheel thing I'll give you my reasons, for what they're worth. We had a couple of them, a gas and a diesel pusher for 9 years total. The gas was so hard to drive. It did not want to stay in a straight line. Threw some money at it which helped but not enough to keep it past 2 years. We had the dp for 7 years. It was better but not a high end enough model to not have driving issues. Threw enough money at it buying shocks, stabilizers, track bars, etc. to finally make it acceptable.

My real issue with it was I was way out of my comfort zone with maintenance and repairs. Not many things on it I could fix and some things are costly especially when it comes to the drive train. No one in my area wanted to work on it so I had to drive at least a 100 miles for repairs. I did learn to do the maintenance, as best I could. Anyway, it just finally wore me down and I told the wife we are either going back to a fifth wheel and truck or I want to just sell and quit. She liked the motorhome but reluctantly agreed.

Most will say how convenient a motorhome is and they are right, it is. It just didn't fit in my comfort and cost level like our fifth wheels have. Nothing right or wrong about what you want or have. It's a highly individual decision and all the advice in the world is probably worth what you paid for it so take mine as one not so smart guy's experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
And you hit it on the nail head for all of the reasons that you mention, we wanted to like it but after looking at the cost of maintaining it along with another tow car, my wife car, and tow dolly it's not worth it in the long run.

I love towing I just bought my new Chevy and I'm glad I did because even the wife said it's not worth it with what was mentions..


@ TxLoser, I was thinking that about the airbag because when I was level ground it's more level, it's just when I took those pics the ground wasn't level. In stead of airbags I might do either Sumo Spring or go back to Timbrens, but I want to take it out again and see.

We have a trip plan soon but now we need to place all of ours stuff that we took out of the motorhome into the new 5th wheel I pack most of everything in boxes, hopefully that this is the last time, in a long while anyway.

Thank you guys for your comments the DW and I are excited to go but we have our church to do first with all of the programs that we have coming up.

Thank You both, pretty much what I thought, with the maintenance concerns near the top for me.
__________________
2021 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch
jetlag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 07:24 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Ishpeming, MI
Posts: 452
Congratulations on your new rig. Others may comment about your battery addition, also, but my experience has been that you should install two identical batteries at the same time. That will ensure that they have the same impedance characteristics and will charge equally and hence prolong their life. If you add a single battery from a different manufacturer or that has a slightly different rating to an already existing battery bank you may shorten the life of both batteries. Just something to consider.
__________________
2016 Precept 35S
Rice1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.