Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #1

Question Jake Plate Adjustable Axle Hangers

Has anyone ever raised the height of their camper using the Jake Plate Adjustable Axle Hangers? We need to do this on our 2003 Jayco Eagle, but I can't find any information on how it is done. It may be as simple as moving the bolts down to the lowest holes but wanted to check for any tips and tricks before we get started. Thanks in advance for any help.
micwtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:47 AM   #2

4 jack stands to hold the camper off the ground. Wheels off for easier maneuverability and 2 floor jacks to hold and position the axles. 2.5 hours. Bolts in whichever hole that give you a more level camper.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco HiJacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, 51 Gallon Titan fuel tank, Superhitch 30K lb receiver, Jack Rabbit bed cover.
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s, Solid Step, 1 ton mini split HVAC, Back up cam.
Tote: Custom built swivel wheel tote (one torsion axle w/dual tires) with a Rampage lift.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:05 PM   #3

I'm planning on doing this soon myself and haven't found a lot of info on it either. I'm assuming its as straightforward as you mentioned, simply moving the bolts down to the lowest hole, however I read one person's opinion somewhere that said they thought you should have the dealer do it because they had it done by someone who 'knew what they were doing and had the right tools' and it still took them hours to do it. But I'm not going to let that deter me from trying myself if I feel I can do it safely.

My plan is pretty close to what Drifter1959 stated. I will get the trailer up on 4 jackstands (on frame, front and rear of axles on both sides), remove the wheels, then support one axle on both sides with jacks. Remove the bolts, lower the axle to align to the lower jake plate holes and then re-assemble everything. I have tandem axles so am planning on doing one axle at a time.

If you are successful in doing the mod yourself, would love to hear about it and advice for what to do and, maybe more importantly, what NOT to do :-)

I'm hoping to do my mod in the next couple of months.
towm8ter is offline   Reply With Quote