Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #1

Jay Command and Propane Montoring

I have a 2021 32RLTS, I have the JayCommand app on phone and under the Energy tab there is an option for Propane. Question -- is there suppose to be something added on tanks to enable this ?
jolson0530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:51 PM   #2

Yes, it requires sensors which stick to the bottom of each (maximum of 3) tank. They are a little pricy, but work very well.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...ne-gas_68-0167
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:33 PM   #3

Has anyone gotten the Mopeka sensors to connect to BMPro/JayCommand? They are cosmetically identical except for color...
FireguyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:11 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamdrdream
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
Yes, it requires sensors which stick to the bottom of each (maximum of 3) tank. They are a little pricy, but work very well.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...ne-gas_68-0167

We've had ours now for over a year. We have 2 40lb tanks. Love them. Quite accurate and integrates perfectly with JayCommand!
Iamdrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:09 AM   #5

I’d like to know this as well. The BMPro sensors seem to be out of stock everywhere.
Old 10-01-2021, 04:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireguyEd View Post
Has anyone gotten the Mopeka sensors to connect to BMPro/JayCommand? They are cosmetically identical except for color...
I have not but have been looking at them as well. I keep vacillating between them and the BMPRO units only because the BMPRO sensors would integrate with the jaycommand App and keep things simple. One less App to monitor. I will say I contacted the company with a question and they responded to me the same day.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:46 AM   #7

I didn't know there was such a thing but will try to get a set when they become available, or maybe if they become available. I'm sitting here this morning and wondering how my propane is doing. We are sitting at 8K feet and it's 33 degrees outside. I try to use my heat pumps as much as possible but they aren't very effective at this temp.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
I didn't know there was such a thing but will try to get a set when they become available, or maybe if they become available. I'm sitting here this morning and wondering how my propane is doing. We are sitting at 8K feet and it's 33 degrees outside. I try to use my heat pumps as much as possible but they aren't very effective at this temp.
How does that fireplace work? haven't had a chance to use ours
Old 10-01-2021, 07:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
How does that fireplace work? haven't had a chance to use ours
It works great. Puts out quite a bit of heat. Not enough to heat the whole trailer but it does keep our living area fairly warm. It won't over whelm you on a colder morning but it is a good supplement to keep the furnace from running so much. We exchanged both of the original a/c's for a set of low profile a/c's with heat pumps as part of our purchase deal. Originally it came with one heat pump for the living area. It is our main source of heat as long as the temps stay above 35 or so. We have found that we don't use the bedroom heat pump nearly as much as we thought we would as the living room one does a good job by itself.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:04 AM   #10

Quote:
It works great. Puts out quite a bit of heat. Not enough to heat the whole trailer but it does keep our living area fairly warm. It won't over whelm you on a colder morning but it is a good supplement to keep the furnace from running so much. We exchanged both of the original a/c's for a set of low profile a/c's with heat pumps as part of our purchase deal. Originally it came with one heat pump for the living area. It is our main source of heat as long as the temps stay above 35 or so. We have found that we don't use the bedroom heat pump nearly as much as we thought we would as the living room one does a good job by itself.
Lol, the second heat pump would be wasted by us, my bride likes to sleep cold!!!.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Lol, the second heat pump would be wasted by us, my bride likes to sleep cold!!!.
I have the same issue. After all these years I finally decided she has a different thermostat and I quit complaining. Didn't do any good anyway. We had 2 heat pumps in our Excel, which we traded in on the Pinnacle, and did use them on occasion which is why we went with 2 again. If the daytime temps stay chilly 2 pumps are good. Usually here in the mountains we have heat in the morning and open the windows in the afternoon so the bedroom hasn't gotten much use. Yesterday it never got out of the 40's so having the 2 was useful.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:24 AM   #12

Quote:
I have the same issue. After all these years I finally decided she has a different thermostat and I quit complaining. Didn't do any good anyway. We had 2 heat pumps in our Excel, which we traded in on the Pinnacle, and did use them on occasion which is why we went with 2 again. If the daytime temps stay chilly 2 pumps are good. Usually here in the mountains we have heat in the morning and open the windows in the afternoon so the bedroom hasn't gotten much use. Yesterday it never got out of the 40's so having the 2 was useful.
Yes, you are in cold country. We have the 3 AC's but only one heat pump
Old 10-01-2021, 09:57 AM   #13

Jay Command and Propane Monitoring

I got a pair of Mopeka sensors in 2018 for our new to us Sundance. They never really worked well so I stopped using them. I tried pairing one with our new rig but it didn't connect.
landmark573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 12:25 PM   #14

Wondering if anyone got their Mopeka sensors to work with the Jay Command. Didn't really find an answer on this older thread. I might give them a try with our new 321RSTS, but they never worked very well on our previous trailer.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 12:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by davolson View Post
Wondering if anyone got their Mopeka sensors to work with the Jay Command. Didn't really find an answer on this older thread. I might give them a try with our new 321RSTS, but they never worked very well on our previous trailer.
My Mopeca sensors worked O.K. on my last trailer, but not our new one, unless using their phone app. The bluetooth would not connect with the Jaycommand system. On the last trailer they were connected by bluetooth to an android phone app. I could still use them on the new Jayco, but only through the Mopeca phone app. They will NOT connect with the BMPRO system, according to Mopeca.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 01:15 PM   #16

I think I will bite the bullet and get the BMPRO sensors and be done with it, lol.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireguyEd View Post

I contacted BMPRO regarding this, they told me NO, the Mopecka sensors will not pair with the BMPRO system. The BMPRO propane sensors are proprietary.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 07:23 AM   #18

I have the BMPro sensors and they drop signal all the time. I constantly have to reset them, then they stay connected for a day or so, but when they are connected they are accurate.
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 07:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
I contacted BMPRO regarding this, they told me NO, the Mopecka sensors will not pair with the BMPRO system. The BMPRO propane sensors are proprietary.
I did the same thing. They are made by Mopeka but the communication is different for the BMPro platform according to Mopeka. I already have my Mopeka for several years and they've worked pretty good. So I'll just keep with them and forgo the BMPro version.
mavrick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #20

Just to add to this. I just watched a video about the BMPro with the propane tank sensors and I will definitely stick with my Mopeka. The BMPro version only shows the tank level in 1/4's versus the Mopeka showing it's level in percentage.
mavrick0 is offline   Reply With Quote