Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2019, 05:37 PM   #21

Jim, I took your advice and did the sanitizing with the hose route. Finally got my RV back from Jayco dealer, been a month or so, having the front cap repainted. Got the painting done but the decals were wrong size and had to reorder the decals and finally dealer got the right ones in and it is done, YEah! Been almost a year getting warranty work done.
But back to topic, I did the sanitizing and it all went well no runs drips or errors. Left the solution in the tank for half a day and then drained it as well as the hot water tank. I will be getting it ready for a trip soon and will refill tank at that time and maybe drain and refill it just to make sure it is fresh. Thanks for everyone's ideas on sanitizing, having done this for best part of 40 years with various rv's, this one with the different control panel for water and flush connections, had me wondering how to do this. So, you can teach an old dog new tricks!
Thanks to all!
2014 F350 SD Lariat, 4X2, Ext.Cab 8'Bed, 6.2Ltr gas, 4:30 Rear ratio
2008 Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel 34TSA, 37' (traded in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT Fifth Wheel 27.5 RLTS
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogadel View Post
barryg, Thanks for the reply, I had never heard of the Country Fill but I found it in the book. Unfortunately the place you mention behind the bulkhead is the water heater. In the bathroom is a box that the water pump is placed in. When I first got the RV I had a leak under the sink in kitchen. I had to take the whole panel under the sink to get to the back of the water heater to find the leak. So, I know the pump wasn't located there. Which goes back to what you were saying, "Shame on Jayco" for making this such a pain in the butt. The only option that I'm seeing is the hose method and I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy over it.
The RV is in a storage lot and not at home so I will go check it out again to see if I can verify the pump and whether it has this country fill option. I doubt it but can't say for sure till I check it again. But what a pain this 2017 27.5RLTS is, even to get to the back of the water heater from the storage box, you would need to take the fasteners loose to be able to change the position of the valves for winterizing if needed or to keep the bleach from going into the water heater.
Since you have the 27.5 RLTS also, you may or may not have noticed the lack of insulation in this trailer. Being in Florida let me tell you I am so glad that I ordered the 50 Amp option and the second air conditioner. The salesman wondered why I would want the 50 Amp. Obviously he doesn't camp for one and secondly he doesn't know the product. He tried to tell me that 30 Amp and one A/C is fine, NO it isn't. Best decision I made getting both options, just saying in case someone is thinking of a Jayco like mine in the south.
We are new owners of a 2018 27.5RLTS. We were concerned when we realized that there was only a pressure feed for filling the water tanks. We discovered the "country fill" method somewhere else on this forum. It does work great. We used it 3 times on our most recent trip to top off our tanks while boondocking.
The valves you need to adjust are inside the passthru storage on the driver's side. Take off the panel just to the left of the light and you will see the water pump with the valves. Adjust the valves according to the country fill settings (same for winterizing) in the manual. Tip: Turn off the water pump on the control panel inside the RV first. Then use the pump switch located in the Docking Station to control the pump. This will allow you to quickly turn off the pump when you are finished without sucking air into the lines. Hope this helps.
dbook is offline   Reply With Quote