Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #21

On another note, have you actually spoken with a dealer yet? Or are you still in the inet information mode?

I suppose I am lucky because I work for an EXCLUSIVE Jayco dealer. I have become very spoiled with the level of Customer Service we receive from Jayco. We work on all brands and I despise having to contact other manufacturers trying to find parts. The run around I get from others is sickening. When I call Jayco, I get answers!

Jayco was founded by Lloyd Bontrager in 1968. Lloyd was a good friend of our owner, Evan Cunningham. The Bontrager family still owns and operates the company. It is awesome to deal with a family owned business that still operated under the same standards Lloyd established many years ago. I have had the pleasure of palying golf and having dinner with both Wilbur & Darryl Bontrager, the sons who now control the company. Although I am nothing more than the lowly Parts & Warranty guy, they went out of their way to make me feel welcome and assure me Jayco will contnue to operate with the standards and morales brought to the table by their father. I have had the pleasure of meeting Bertha, the founders wife, and having her call me by first name at breakfast.

These may seem like trivial things to many who view this board but they are BIG things to me, the little guying working hard to earn a living to support my family. Representing nothing but the Jayco product is a HONOR to me. I have been offered positions with other companies who have offered me more money. I have refused because, in my opinion, what I have with Cunninghams and Jayco just can't be beat.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. It is also my pleasure to answer your questions as truthfully as I can. I am by no means an expert, but I know where to find the answers I don't have. I also know I can call Jayco for those answers and I WILL get a response.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
That new 26.5 is one sweet looking 5er. And Jayco says it is a "half ton toy" on their site. I think it would take a pretty beefy half ton, although some of the newer ones have higher tow ratings.
Yes. it is for the newer half tons.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #23

Wes, I have a local dealer in whom I have great confidence. The personnel there are knowledgeable and honest. That said, sometimes good honest people (of any occupation) will answer questions inaccurately or incompletely, not through intent but in confusion or just lack of knowledge. I like to do my research first: trust, but verify.

I have to say that one of the things I like about RV'ing is the quality of the people you meet. This applies to the dealers and their personnel and to the people you meet while camping. Very, very seldom are there the kind of "people issues" that you find in other activities.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
Wes, I have a local dealer in whom I have great confidence. The personnel there are knowledgeable and honest. That said, sometimes good honest people (of any occupation) will answer questions inaccurately or incompletely, not through intent but in confusion or just lack of knowledge. I like to do my research first: trust, but verify.
And you're still dealing with a sales person..... LOL. I fully understand the verify part.

On Saturdays I fill in on the sales floor. I think one of the benefits I have over our sales people is my knowledge of the construction and service of the Jayco Product. Don't get me wrong, our sales people are VERY knowledgeable. Our GM is also our Service Manager, so he preaches the things a customer can't see that makes a Jayco a superior product. My advantage is, I deal with it every day.

You ask away and I will verify for you. That's what I'm on this forum for.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #25

[QUOTE=cciparts;8783]I don't know if your dealer has this yet, but we just got one in. It's the new Eagle HT Series 26.5RLS and it weights only 7,400 lbs. Once we get her all cleaned up I will post more pics.

Looks great, I would love to see inside pics if you get a chance !
Old 12-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #26

Santa left me a Jayco catalog for Christmas!

Another question from a potential new owner about the 28.5RLS. In the 2011 Eagle brochure on the page listing "Eagle Super Lite Series: Standards and Options" it says "4 1/2 inch arched truss roof rafters with R-7 insulation".

But on the second page from the back of the brochure it shows diagrams of Jayco Construction and says "Eagle Travel Trailer and Superlite Series". One of the diagrams is of roof construction and says "A combination of 3/8" plywood decking, wood rafters with 4 1/2" arched trusses, foil insulation (R-22) and a seamless rubber shield protect against moisture and resist aging.

So does the roof of a 2011 28.5 Eagle Superlite fifth wheel have R-7 insulation or R-22 insulation?

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:13 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
Santa left me a Jayco catalog for Christmas!

Another question from a potential new owner about the 28.5RLS. In the 2011 Eagle brochure on the page listing "Eagle Super Lite Series: Standards and Options" it says "4 1/2 inch arched truss roof rafters with R-7 insulation".

But on the second page from the back of the brochure it shows diagrams of Jayco Construction and says "Eagle Travel Trailer and Superlite Series". One of the diagrams is of roof construction and says "A combination of 3/8" plywood decking, wood rafters with 4 1/2" arched trusses, foil insulation (R-22) and a seamless rubber shield protect against moisture and resist aging.

So does the roof of a 2011 28.5 Eagle Superlite fifth wheel have R-7 insulation or R-22 insulation?

Thanks!
The bead foam insulation has the R7. Then they add the foil insulation to that making it a total of R22. It's a new addition and benefit to the 2011. They introduced the new process at the RVIA Dealer show in Louisville.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #28

Thanks again, Wes.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #29

I realize this is an old thread but we just purchased our 2013 Jayco Eagle Super Lite HT 23.5
We took it on it's maiden voyage to Lake George RV park NY for 5 nights.
We tow it with a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi and it tows this 5th wheel really nicely!
I have read many comments about people saying " i forget it's even back there" and I laugh. Not anymore! Towing this 5 th wheel with the Ram, I forget it's back there at times too!
We chose Jayco because we purchased from a reputable dealer but I didn't know much about the company's building practices until I started reading up on it here.
Very happy about the glacier package standard on the 2013, it helps with keeping the u it cool and quiet.
What makes Jaco better than the competition in construction terms?

https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Closed Thread