Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #1

Jayco 31.5 RLTS

We are looking at a 2014 Jayco Eagle 31.5 RLTS - anyone out there have one and if so, any problems noticed? We like the floor plan but have noticed the under storage pass thru is somewhat small for the size of the 5er. Thanks for any responses -
Bill
3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #2

I just purchased a 2013. This weekend is first official outing with it. I have been "camping" at my barn while I get all the gear packed in. I had a 24T previously so the under storage is huge to me. I do like the additional storage bin on the front side of the trailer under the bedroom. Great space to put all of my tools and maintenance items.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #3

We have the 2013 and love it. The one thing I am getting used to is the darker kitchen but putting some mirrors in helped, we have had it for about 5 months and have been on about 6 trips, no problems have come up that are not an easy fix.
Crablad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #4

Have a 2013 and love it, great floor plan. nice if it had small shelf over bed to put glasses and remote when ready to retire. But adapted as to table and 4 adults. elbow room tight but again adapted.
Giaburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #5

We have had our 31.5rlts for about three months and love the floor plan, camper pulls great, having less storage area was for me , forced me to get rid of lots of stuff. I fell its a quality built unit. Still can't believe it does not have a built in system water filter.
01Ford F-350 Crew Cab,PowerStroke
Markwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #6

We have an 2011 321RLTS Eagle, love that camper, no problems so far.
2012 Dodge 3500
US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #7

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
We have an "early" 2012 31.5 RLTS and we are having a great time with it. We have had issues with it but each time Jayco has stepped up and taken care of the problems. I currently have and issue with a crack in the side wall and Jayco is bringing it back to the factory for the repair. I am confident that the repair will be done well and we won't have that problem again. I asked Jayco if they would pay my fuel and expenses to take it back there ourselves instead of having a transport company do it and they agreed. We decided to make a trip out of it. (we are in California) Being retired allows us the flexibility to do this.

Now, that being said, would I buy another Jayco? Honestly I'm not sure. All brands in this price range seem to have their share of problems so I suppose Jayco is not immune. I would probably step up a level or 2 for our next trailer. Brand? I would spend a lot of time shopping again. BUT............ The true measure of a quality company is not just in the quality of the product they make and sell, it is also measured by how a company addresses problems when they arise. So far Jayco has done well by us and though there have been problems, I feel like we have been well cared for by Jayco.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #8

We also have a 31.5 RLTS. It is a 2011 that we bought in Dec. of that year. We have had some of the same problems as Panhead. We have had numerous small issues that the dealership has readily taken care of. We also have the " crack" issue in the bedroom area. Jayco is back logged until March of next year to repair it. That's just fine with us. The crack is not the type that will let water in, so as long as Jayco fixes it on warranty it's O.K. with us. We have a brake issue that Dexter has given the green light for the dealership to do whatever is required to repair. Like Panhead, we might have considered an ungraded to a Pinnacle. But I don't think there is any doubt that the next one would have been a Jayco!!! Yes there have been issues, but the dealership and Jayco have done what ever it takes to make it right!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #9

We got our 2014 31.5RLTS last October. We absolutely love it. Only problem is the rocking recliners. They're extremely difficult to operate when you're sitting in them.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #10

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
We got our 2014 31.5RLTS last October. We absolutely love it. Only problem is the rocking recliners. They're extremely difficult to operate when you're sitting in them.
Ours came with a pair of cheesy swivel rockers. Sold them and bought a pair of Lazyboy wall hugger recliners, love em.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
Ours came with a pair of cheesy swivel rockers. Sold them and bought a pair of Lazyboy wall hugger recliners, love em.

Steve
I must agree with Steve... we got the same unit and those chairs were really cheap. Beside that, the unit is doing a great job. In fact, we are currently on a two year trek RV'ing throughout the US and parts of Canada.

Traveling the US full-time
The Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote