Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #1

Jayco 325BHS

My 5th wheel has been in the repair shop since early March getting repairs done to the main slide when I hit a cement post in Mesquite Nevada on my way to Yuma last Jan. I did post that the estimate was 4600 bucks. The city had dug up my back lane plus my front street to replace water and storm pipes so I was in no hurry to get it back, plus I had some minor repair issues like, door on shower had lost a roller, master bedroom closet door was hard to close, outside cable and satellite plug was not working, plus my water heater would get too hot (almost boiling) and then shut down.

I stopped into the shop two days ago to pick it up and while going through the work order it seems that the guy taking down my list forgot to put water in front of heater. It turns out that I was also having problems with my main heater which was cycling on and off while the blower was still blowing. My wife confirmed she also noticed this when we were on our way home from Yuma and as I am hard or hearing (military), I never noticed it. They tell me that I have a 30,000 BTU furnace in my unit and the pipes going to the vents are very small in diameter which puts a load on the furnace and is not as efficient as it could be. They ended up putting in a new extra vent with a larger pipe coming from the furnace which also has a cutoff lever, although they advised me to leave it open.

They figure that I need a new thermostat for my water heater and I will pick it up on Tues. and will take a small trip to Edmonton to visit our daughter next week-end and check out the repairs.

While everyone in N/A is complaining about the heat and drought, we have had the coldest and wettest summer in history, so I have not been in any mood to sit in a campground and watch the rains come down. I can do that at home. Sorry for the long rant. Mike
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that Albertaguy , I sure you will have many trouble free times ahead , if it aint rainin' we aint trainin
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #3

Holy Cow! Sorry ya had to go through all that. Glad you were able to get everything fixed. Good as new again
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
Holy Cow! Sorry ya had to go through all that. Glad you were able to get everything fixed. Good as new again
It's a thing with me. I like to keep the economy going so I cause all these stupid problems and then I can donate all my money to repair shops.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #5

Hope the issues are resolved !!! I know what that's like to have an itch and not be able to scratch it.

Happy Trails to you and keep us informed ....
Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertaguy View Post

While everyone in N/A is complaining about the heat and drought, we have had the coldest and wettest summer in history, so I have not been in any mood to sit in a campground and watch the rains come down. I can do that at home. Sorry for the long rant. Mike
I did that in Vermillion on the May long weekend.. did find all the water leaks for the dealer to fix..
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #7

I picked up my Jayco this morning and brought it home where I will check out the repairs and get it ready for a short trip on Friday. I mentioned that I thought I was having a problem with my hot water heater, well they tested it on several occasions yesterday and report that they found nothing wrong. The new vent for my main furnace was very well installed but I won't check it out until I take a trip with cool weather.

I did find a minor problem to do with my TV. I bought a digital box for my analog TV last Jan. in Yuma as we will not be going to digital until Aug. 2011 here in Canada. Most of the big cities are already done but my analog works OK in my 5th wheel without one, well I turned on my TV and digital box and it didn't work. I pulled out the instruction manual and can't find what is wrong. It's no big deal as I have a couple of flat screen TV's that I can use but have not found a proper bracket to install my LCD where my 32 inch HEAVY analog TV is located.

I checked all the hook-ups with no luck.