Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2019, 08:55 AM   #1

Jayco 377 rlbh 2016

Hi All

Have a 2016 377 5th wheel Been using elec heat and works pretty good but when colder (40) not so we'll. Tried propane but nothing no fan goes on. Just filled propane and have power. Looking for unit to see if there is a switch or propane turn on. Where is the furnace? Roof? Sure I'm just missing something stupid. Atwood heater
Jerry McBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:14 AM   #2

The heat pump (electric heat) only works above 40F. When the temperature drops below that, the furnace automatically takes over. If you have full propane tanks and it’s not coming on, I would check the fuse box and then the “secret reset switch”. The furnace is located next to the water heater and is accessed by removing the false wall in the basement storage behind the water works panel. See video

https://youtu.be/Hz82taV5j5o

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
The heat pump (electric heat) only works above 40F. When the temperature drops below that, the furnace automatically takes over. If you have full propane tanks and it’s not coming on, I would check the fuse box and then the “secret reset switch”. The furnace is located next to the water heater and is accessed by removing the false wall in the basement storage behind the water works panel. See video

https://youtu.be/Hz82taV5j5o
I have similar problem with my 2018 Eagle but fan comes on momentarily (30 seconds) each time thermostat is activated..., and then shuts off with no heat. I can hear the fan and feel air come out of floor vents each time. Tried it multiple times.... no luck. Propane works for oven, and battery power good at over 13 volts. Also hooked up to shore power now and have same problem. - - - Is this "seacret reset switch" behind false wall common to all Atwood furnace systems?
DJKranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:18 AM   #4

I had a similar issue on my 2018. Sounds like you might have a bad sail switch. The switch has a small paddle/sail that moves by the pressure from fan wheel running. When the fan starts up the pressure moves the "sail" which in turn allows the gas to flow. If the switch is defective, it doesn't activate which prevents flow of gas.

There are other components as well but this is a pretty cheap first check if you know you have gas flow. The switch costs about $5 to $8. Any RV parts provider can get you the right one by providing your furnace model number.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKranz View Post
Is this "seacret reset switch" behind false wall common to all Atwood furnace systems?
Yes I believe they all have it. OP, try the reset switch that Tom referred too first. If that doesn't work check/ replace the sail switch as mentioned above.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:44 PM   #6

Htr Sail Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKranz View Post
I have similar problem with my 2018 Eagle but fan comes on momentarily (30 seconds) each time thermostat is activated..., and then shuts off with no heat. I can hear the fan and feel air come out of floor vents each time. Tried it multiple times.... no luck. Propane works for oven, and battery power good at over 13 volts. Also hooked up to shore power now and have same problem. - - - Is this "seacret reset switch" behind false wall common to all Atwood furnace systems?
Late with my reply but Thank you all. New sail switch did the trick.
DJKranz is offline   Reply With Quote