Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #21

and that is probably most of the difference - I need to order because I want the 4 pt leveling system which is not on any lots. If it is, it doesn't have the rest of the options that I want. It would be EASIER to negotiate if I was taking one from their lot (somewhere)
Old 01-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by citgodan View Post
Does anyone know if a quote obtained from RVDirect is their final price or is it negotiable?

Their quote is only 21.5% off of MSRP...

Please let me know.
Not sure on final price we used there best price and called dealers in Arizona.Found one in Prescott plus save shipping.Almost 40% off 67500 MSRP on Eagle RSTS.Iowa pick up was a long way from us for pick up! Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
Sunset.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Does anyone know if a quote obtained from RVDirect is their final price or is it negotiable?

Their quote is only 21.5% off of MSRP...

Please let me know.
Dan,

We factory ordered a 2017 White Hawk 28DSBH last spring through RVOne, not a 5th wheel but perhaps our experience could be useful anyway. The price we paid was .637% of MSRP or roughly 36% off. There was shipping, sales tax and a $150 document fee on top of that, totaling $26K for a trailer with an MSRP of $35.7K as equipped with the options we ordered (total cost with taxes and delivery would have been over $40K at full MSRP). It was delivered to Albany RV in NY, where we received a full PDI at pickup, as well as battery, full propane, courtesy hoses, etc.

As I say, it wasn't a fifth wheel, but based upon our experience I'm guessing you could drive that price down some more. Good luck!
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
I just got a email quote from RVOne on a North Point 387RDFS.
MSRP------------ $91768
Quote Price--- $59805
That's right at 35% with pick up in Orlando. That seems like a really good deal. What else do i have to pay for? I'm just nervous about this would like to hear from others. Having a hard time talking the leap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
When I bought from them in Albany the quote was what I paid, no hidden fees. Of course you still haveto pay your state taxes and tags. If you order you do have to put some money down.
X2, although I also paid delivery to the dealer from the factory and a $150 admin fee in addition to tags. But these weren't hidden, they were in the quote.
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #25

Jayco 5th wheel from RV Direct

Quote:
Hey SouthCo - I was quoted by rvdirect $39342, for an Eagle HT 27.5rlts and the MSRP for the same model and options was $50959 - that is 22.8% off MSRP (not sure where I got the 21% from earlier)

I was quoted for:
16" tire upgrade
Frameless windows
4 pt leveling system
50 amp service
2nd AC
Reese Revolution

Not including any tax or tag

I've not bought a 5th wheel but I would think you could do better. Did your quote include the dual pane frameless windows or just the single pane frameless windows? Just asking as the dual pane would make your msrp $1492 higher and the. Would be getting about 25% off msrp.

Either way I would be getting other quotes. That's what I did and in the end, RV One was the lowest. But I'm sure they are not always.

I don't think it would change anything but if you want the email address of the sales lady I dealt with online and at RV One in Albany let me know. Jessica was as helpful as can be...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
30 mins, but yes that does sound crazy... lol
I think this is why you got that quote. I have heard this before on this forum where someone that lived by one of their facilities did not get the typical discounts. It should not matter but they always ask for your zipcode when obtaining a quote. I would try a distant zipcode and see what quote you get or get a freind to try it since your name is already in the system (just for reference to see if you later can use it to negotiate a better quote). Must be that the discounts are to draw folks from a distance and then they never see or service most of them ever again, but someone closeby may need warranty work. Just a theory.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #27

Hey SouthCo - just the frameless windows, not dual pane.

Yes Mikey, I sure hope there is a few thousands more to go. We have a Super RV show here in Tampa in 2 weeks. I was told that price was already show price, but I don't know. There are over 65k ppl at the show last year. I am hoping a Jayco rep can apply some pressure on my local RVOne dealer if I am ready to pull the trigger!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #28

We have purchased 2 Jayco trailers from rvdirect/rvone. We bought a 2013 jayfeather 23m 4 years ago had a great sales experience and no problem at all with the trailer.
Purchased a 2016 Pinnacle 36rsqs on Saturday. This unit was listed on the rvdirect website in their deals section and located at the Albany facility. They were having a show in the Albany area so we went to check it out. The msrp was $91,206, they had a "show special " price of $67,544 on the unit. We had the printout from the website of $53,062. That's 42% off msrp!
The salesman had to check if they would honor the price and they did, but they lowballed our trade so i will sell privately.
About 2 mos ago we got a price on a 2017 38refs and they came back with a price of $60,100 from a msrp of $93,000 which is pretty Good.
Will pick up the new one in a few weeks.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #29

You should be getting 33 - 35 % off w/ pickup in Albany. I've bought 4 trailers from RVdirect/ rvone, with the most recent one ordered yesterday. I was able to negotiate the Albany pickup charge down $300 plus an additional $300. I'd try quoting under a different email address and telephone number. You'll likely get a different sales rep. I also told my rep rvwholesalers was going to beat their quote, which is how I got that extra $600 off.
rachburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #30

Have any of you had trouble or issues of your local dealer not wanting or willing to do warranty work on your units purchased from either of the discount dealers?

Or out of warranty work as well ?
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
Have any of you had trouble or issues of your local dealer not wanting or willing to do warranty work on your units purchased from either of the discount dealers?

Or out of warranty work as well ?
I have heard many different responses to this question. Most dealers take care of their customers first. Walk-ins have to wait in many instances. Some don't even want to work on stuff they don't sell.

Takes all kinds. Nothing beats having a good relationship with a good dealer near by.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote