Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2017, 01:47 PM   #1

Jayco 5th wheel from RV Direct

Does anyone know if a quote obtained from RVDirect is their final price or is it negotiable?

Their quote is only 21.5% off of MSRP...

Please let me know.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #2

That seems below the norm people have reported on this forum. Perhaps it is due to 5th wheel demand? The Seneca I have on order with RVOne came in 34% under MSRP. Maybe you should try RVOne for comparison. Also, RVOne only required a 5% down-payment. RVDirect wanted 10% from me, which is a huge chunk-of-change on a Seneca. Let us know how it turns out...good for future buyers.
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #3

We bought our first TT (an X23B from RVD) and got around 30% from MSRP. When we were shopping for the 5th I got pricing for a comparable unit from them for a nego lever. I agree with java that 21% sounds a little low.
The first purchase was delivered by the Orlando dealer and PDI went well and I felt like a "front line" customer.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #4

Sorry about that citgodan - RVDirect and RVOne are one in the same. Had RVDirect confused with RVExpress. RVExpress' Seneca quote came in slightly higher than RVOne and they wanted 10% down.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #5

I was able to negotiate their initial offer, however not by much. I was pretty comfortable with that seeing 2 of the 4 local dealers I contacted told me they could not come close to that price, and they recommended purchasing it. The best local price I could get was just over $10,000 more.

Ordered an Eagle 355MBQS on Dec 23rd and the final discount from MSRP was 34.78%
srvdmy4usn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #6

I just got a email quote from RVOne on a North Point 387RDFS.
MSRP------------ $91768
Quote Price--- $59805
That's right at 35% with pick up in Orlando. That seems like a really good deal. What else do i have to pay for? I'm just nervous about this would like to hear from others. Having a hard time talking the leap.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
MSRP------------ $91768
Quote Price--- $59805
That's right at 35% with pick up in Orlando. That seems like a really good deal. What else do i have to pay for? I'm just nervous about this would like to hear from others. Having a hard time talking the leap.
When I bought from them in Albany the quote was what I paid, no hidden fees. Of course you still haveto pay your state taxes and tags. If you order you do have to put some money down.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:04 PM   #8

I priced ours around to 35 dealers (my name was known by the Jayco rep by the time I was done, lol) and ended up getting just a few tenths of a percentage shy of 40% off MSRP. If you're ordering new, you'll get the best price from dealers located around the manufacturer (the 3 closest bids for me were all from Michigan) as the shipping costs are obviously lower. If you know exactly what you want and say you're shopping for the lowest price, you can get them into a little bidding war. I ended up purchasing from General RV in Wixom, MI and was very happy with the whole process and purchase.
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddirkse View Post
I If you're ordering new, you'll get the best price from dealers located around the manufacturer (the 3 closest bids for me were all from Michigan) as the shipping costs are obviously lower.

I have to disagree. I checked with the dealers in Indiana (mentioned on here) near the manufacturer when I special ordered my 2017 and they were not cheaper than RV One in Albany NY.

And I would buy from RV One Albany again in a heartbeat. My sales lady was awesome.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
When I bought from them in Albany the quote was what I paid, no hidden fees. Of course you still haveto pay your state taxes and tags. If you order you do have to put some money down.

X2.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by citgodan View Post
Does anyone know if a quote obtained from RVDirect is their final price or is it negotiable?

Their quote is only 21.5% off of MSRP...

Please let me know.

Give us more info... what camper and what options? What price was the quote? Are you including tax and tags?
Old 01-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
MSRP------------ $91768
Quote Price--- $59805
2naEagle,

Just before I made the leap, I had RVone send me samples of all pertinent documents: Buyer's Order and Delivery Checklist. The Buyer's Order detailed the quote and additional expenses. The Delivery Checklist conveyed additional helpful info, the most interesting being you do not get to do your initial inspection/PDI until the unit is paid for in full. I would recc. you ask that these docs be emailed to you. Be advised to pay particular attention to the "fine print" at the bottom of the Buyer's Order, specifically once they have your down payment it is NOT REFUNDABLE. Not saying any of this is particularly bad, just all the risk is on the buyer IMO. Having these docs ahead of time ensures you know the "rules of engagement" before you make the leap. Don't feel bad about being nervous, I was as well.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
2naEagle,

Just before I made the leap, I had RVone send me samples of all pertinent documents: Buyer's Order and Delivery Checklist. The Buyer's Order detailed the quote and additional expenses. The Delivery Checklist conveyed additional helpful info, the most interesting being you do not get to do your initial inspection/PDI until the unit is paid for in full. I would recc. you ask that these docs be emailed to you. Be advised to pay particular attention to the "fine print" at the bottom of the Buyer's Order, specifically once they have your down payment it is NOT REFUNDABLE. Not saying any of this is particularly bad, just all the risk is on the buyer IMO. Having these docs ahead of time ensures you know the "rules of engagement" before you make the leap. Don't feel bad about being nervous, I was as well.
Thanks for your comments, Javamon. I will be researching a 5er this year and I certainly want the best price but also want to go into the deal well informed.

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
2naEagle,

I agree there are some risks to the process The unit is basically your property before you pick it up. They have your down payment to begin with but before you ever lay eyes on your unit and shortly after it comes off the build line it must be financed and insured. So if there was a major issue upon delivery it would still be your issue as I understand the process. All went well in my case.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #15

We used Jayco RV Dealer | Travel Trailers | RV Sales. Not negotiable. About 35% off MSRP including added extras like washer/dryer, solar, etc. We picked up Pinnacle in Indiana.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:12 AM   #16

Hey SouthCo - I was quoted by rvdirect $39342, for an Eagle HT 27.5rlts and the MSRP for the same model and options was $50959 - that is 22.8% off MSRP (not sure where I got the 21% from earlier)

I was quoted for:
16" tire upgrade
Frameless windows
4 pt leveling system
50 amp service
2nd AC
Reese Revolution

Not including any tax or tag
Old 01-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #17
Site Team

How close are you to them? I think they may base quotes on zipcode, I have heard that those that are closeby their dealership may not get as good of a quote as crazy as that sounds.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #18

30 mins, but yes that does sound crazy... lol
Old 01-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #19

I bought a new Precept 35UN from RV One, Dealt with Albany but had to pick up in Buffalo, I bought from the RV One Stock, received a tad over 41% off MSR. There were no hidden costs, The sales department was fine, Service was terrible, and that is being nice, Thank goodness for Jayco's amazing customer service. I would buy again from RV One but would have no expectations from their service department. The delivery was joke too, with that said, I love our 35UN!
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #20

I was also told that you get a better price from the RV One online business then if you go to the store. Not sure if true but it was my sales lady who told me this.
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote