Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Which line of Jayco Fifth Wheel do you own?
Pinnacle 563 19.79%
Designer 152 5.34%
Eagle 805 28.30%
Eagle Superlite 122 4.29%
Eagle Superlite HT 531 18.66%
Jayflight 29 1.02%
Eagle Premier 132 4.64%
Toy Hauler 92 3.23%
Eagle Touring 13 0.46%
North Point 406 14.27%
Voters: 2845. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #381

Seismic
Seismic4113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:54 PM   #382

2018 Pinnacle 37 RLWS
2022 F350 Lariat Premium Stone grey CCLB SRW 7.3 4:30*
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (hers)
1998 Buick LaSabre (Shaggin Wagon)
mkrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:43 PM   #383

I have had a tech out under manufacturer Warrenty 4 times since last fall for the defective AC in the bedroom! Still waiting on a part Coleman sent to him to yet try that out. It is 108 in E WA and 99 inside the $92k Pinnacle. I am starting to get pissed.
Winnabego Adventurer
Coachman Mirada
Jayco Pinnacle 5W
Motorhommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #384

First week in our new pinnacle 32 RLTS and I have to say we are quite disappointed so far.
Kitchen slide needs to be pushed to close, awning mounted 1-1/4” out of level and does not close properly, kitchen sink leaks, floor squeaking like a haunted house, shower sill not caulked. Not what you would expect from the “Flagship of the fleet”
Sadly all these companies really care about is keeping “shareholders” happy and not consumers.
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:46 PM   #385

36kpts

We bought a new 2021 36KPTS. Love the layout, very comfortable. Took it out for our first trip over Labor Day weekend and now we get to do our first warranty work.

Was on unlevel ground and didn't put enough blocks under one of the stabilizers. Tried to auto-level and it errored (expected). However, when it faulted, there was a ton of clicking from the hydraulic unit and all the lights were flickering with the clicks. Called the dealer and he had me hit retract all and manually level, which worked.

However, all the clicking seemed to have sent a jolt or three through the 12V system because everything inside had rebooted and/or reset. Worst problem - the big slide would only extend one side. Dealer gave me the number for Lippert. He was super helpful. He figures the controller is shot. The controller has power but wasn't sending a signal down one of the connectors. He walked me through how to hotwire it so that I could use wires to manually send it out one side at a time, about 6 inches at a time, until extended. Had same issue retracting so repeated process in reverse.

Long story short, there was of course a 7 week wait to get to the shop so it'll finally be worked on in 2 weeks. Hopefully that doesn't take forever.

Fingers crossed we don't have too many more warranty issues. Other than that fun, everything else worked great.
Rjbenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:50 PM   #386

Let’s hope that’s the only big issue you have from here on. Good luck with the fix…keep us posted.
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:27 PM   #387

Just purchased a 2022 317RLOK Eagle FW - LOVE IT!!!!
Southernmost317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:13 PM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjbenfield View Post
We bought a new 2021 36KPTS. Love the layout, very comfortable. Took it out for our first trip over Labor Day weekend and now we get to do our first warranty work.

Was on unlevel ground and didn't put enough blocks under one of the stabilizers. Tried to auto-level and it errored (expected). However, when it faulted, there was a ton of clicking from the hydraulic unit and all the lights were flickering with the clicks. Called the dealer and he had me hit retract all and manually level, which worked.

However, all the clicking seemed to have sent a jolt or three through the 12V system because everything inside had rebooted and/or reset. Worst problem - the big slide would only extend one side. Dealer gave me the number for Lippert. He was super helpful. He figures the controller is shot. The controller has power but wasn't sending a signal down one of the connectors. He walked me through how to hotwire it so that I could use wires to manually send it out one side at a time, about 6 inches at a time, until extended. Had same issue retracting so repeated process in reverse.

Long story short, there was of course a 7 week wait to get to the shop so it'll finally be worked on in 2 weeks. Hopefully that doesn't take forever.

Fingers crossed we don't have too many more warranty issues. Other than that fun, everything else worked great.
So I don’t fully understand the issue but I finally got my KPTS back after 4 weeks. 12v system had issues, original battery wasn’t keeping a charge, and that was causing the self-leveler to not work, even when on shore power. Swapped the 12v battery for 2 6v batteries (which I wanted to do at some point, just not this soon) and the levelers worked fine. Needed a new controller and some other part for the kitchen slide. All working now. Can’t wait to get it out again and start enjoying our RV.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:11 AM   #389

Hello everyone.... We're full-timers in our 2020 37MDQS. We just purchased it last Tuesday Dec 13th, and so far (fingers crossed) I've only had an issue with the water pump missing a seal on the hose.

In late summer of '21 we will be going on the road full time as my wife is a Travel Nurse, and I'll be semi-retired (not bad for only being 47)

If anyone has any pointers or advice for it new rig, I'm all ears.

Hopefully I'll have the chance to meet up with some of you in the future!
NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 05:45 AM   #390

Welcome NoFly to Jayco Owner's Forum from New Hampshire (although we're in FL till April). This is our maiden voyage with our new camper and we're having a great time.
We are both recently retired and hope to avoid the snow, while visiting friends and family, for the next few years while we have good health.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 11:08 PM   #391
CwD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjbenfield View Post
So I don’t fully understand the issue but I finally got my KPTS back after 4 weeks. 12v system had issues, original battery wasn’t keeping a charge, and that was causing the self-leveler to not work, even when on shore power. Swapped the 12v battery for 2 6v batteries (which I wanted to do at some point, just not this soon) and the levelers worked fine. Needed a new controller and some other part for the kitchen slide. All working now. Can’t wait to get it out again and start enjoying our RV.
I had a similar issue with the hydraulic jacks - clicking at the pump, the Jay Command tablet resetting. I chased it down to a loose ground wire at the battery to frame and the pump ground to the frame. Tightened both up and all works great. I changed out the self-tapping screw with a bolt and nut to prevent loosening in the future.

CwD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 03:16 PM   #392

Stan & Sharon, welcome and glad to hear your both enjoying yourselves in your new rig.... I'm also looking forward to hitting the road next August, but until then I'll just have to deal with the Wisconsin winter this year... Of course, winter has already gotten the best of me yesterday...I was on the roof preparing to seal up the cap, when I got a patch of ice and sailed right off the side of the rig. 13'6" later, I was going to the ER to find I fractured both of my heels... Now I'm on crutches and pretty much useless... Oh this is going to be a long winter��
Old 12-28-2021, 03:46 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFly View Post
Stan & Sharon, welcome and glad to hear your both enjoying yourselves in your new rig.... I'm also looking forward to hitting the road next August, but until then I'll just have to deal with the Wisconsin winter this year... Of course, winter has already gotten the best of me yesterday...I was on the roof preparing to seal up the cap, when I got a patch of ice and sailed right off the side of the rig. 13'6" later, I was going to the ER to find I fractured both of my heels... Now I'm on crutches and pretty much useless... Oh this is going to be a long winter��
Whoops! Thanks for the warning, I'll think of you whenever I'm on the roof.
I've read this image above represents tempus fugit (don't ask me why) Six weeks is typical for recovery? Hopefully you'll be up and about before you know it.. and August will arrive early.

We are indeed enjoying our first trip. It's 80 degrees today in Avon Park, Florida... nice breeze and plenty of shade too. Having some iced tea with wife at the moment and talking about what else to eat... seems we eat more often now (all the time?) When we return to New Hampshire suppose we'll have to diet for a long time to make up for this trip. We'll hope for tempus fugit ourselves.

Best wishes and speedy recovery mate.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 03:55 PM   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
Whoops! Thanks for the warning, I'll think of you whenever I'm on the roof. I've read this image below represents tempus fugit (don't ask me why)
Tempus Fugit, Six weeks is typical for recovery? Hopefully you'll be up and about before you know it.. and August will arrive early. It's 80 today in Avon Park... nice breeze and plenty of shade. Having some iced tea with wife and talking about what else to eat... seems we eat more often now (all the time?)

Best wishes and speedy recovery mate.
Lol... Thanks for the wishes... And yes, I like to set an example for others; I just didn't expect this to be one of them lol... Winter of '22-'23 we're looking at being down in Florida... Maybe we'll be able to have a BBQ together lol...

Just finished the call with the doctor... Next Monday I'm scheduled to get a full cast put on the foot... Yup, 6 weeks sounds about right.. Just great..
Old 01-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #395

Jayco 2017 Eagle 5th Wheel purchased new. We have had several issues with our 5th wheel. First microwave was bad, doors fell of of island cabinet, USB port did not work, tankless water heater was a disaster (converted to traditional water heater), and now we have slide out problems. The bigger slide stopped completely and had to use override function to move slide-out out to get to retaining screw on the outside of unit to remove the slide out motors. After researching and removing the slide motors found several wires were bear from rubbing on slide out. This has been the most disappointing part because I see some of the workmanship that went into building and installing the slide out motor and the lack of protection provided by the loose wires leading to the motors. I have repaired the wiring issue and provided some protection for the lead wires however I am uncertain this will completely solve the slide out issues. The slide out is working currently with my modifications. The overall design is poor and so it is very difficult to correct a poorly designed system.

This is our 3rd Jayco and we are most disappointed with this unit.
John7097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 01:34 PM   #396

Eagle 319MLOK
H20mike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:03 PM   #397

2021 Jayco Eagle 355MBQS
2021 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali
Joedh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:36 PM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post

Which line of Jayco Fifth Wheel do do you own? New members please be sure and vote as well. Get busy voting!

Also as always, comments and replies about your rig are welcome!
Ramman51
North point
Ramman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:41 AM   #399

2018 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS
2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali Duramax
ElmosBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:14 PM   #400

Our first fifth wheel 2022 Eagle HT and we love it so far been out a half of dozen times and still learning to. Had a few malfunctions but we were able to fix the problems. it is a beautiful rig. Heading for N.Carolina this coming week.
wrigger is offline   Reply With Quote