Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2022, 01:20 PM   #1

Jayco Command

Bought a new Pinnacle 36ssws on June 12, 2022. Please be cautious if you have a leak in the bathroom. Leak wiped out the module rendering the RV useless. Be careful as this controls entire RV. When it fried due to water it took out the lights, AC/Heat, Hot Water system, slides etc.
When had first issue was told to use a blow dryer to dry it out, it will be fine. Lasted a few days. A few days later was stuck over 4th of July with nothing working. Jayco support was of no help as they told me to call everyone to get it fixed, call a mobile tech to close the slides, call Lippert to get them to send a tech. Again no support, except call someone else to fix your problem then take it to a dealer for them to review to see if covered by warranty. It is being covered by warranty.
Also RV now has severe water damage in the basement. All the wood is ruined and needs to be replaced.
I cannot understand why they placed entire computer system under the shower and all the drains.
Also I bought it because it said it was for full time living. I have been out of it for over a week and having to find own living arrangements as Jayco offers no support on this issue either.
Also RV is having other 110ac issues too.
Brian Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 01:59 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about your water damage. I notice you are in Orlando so you likely have seen how water damage can cause all sorts of problems. Ultimately, this might be a reason to trade it in for another. I hope you find the enjoyment your Pinnacle 36ssws can provide.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:06 PM   #3

I actually purchased it in NE a month ago. it is a 2022 model, so as new as can be. I traded in a Solitude on it.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:28 PM   #4

Where did your leak in the bathroom come from?
Old 07-12-2022, 05:38 PM   #5

From the new full wall body shower system. First repair shop found it leaking from the hoses that attach to it. Left there and had more water leaking, next shop found it leaking from the fittings in the system. They pressurized it to make sure no more leaks. By this time totes in the basement had 3” of water in them. This occurred in 7 days. Whole time water started leaking into control module. Questioned replacing. Manufacturer said no, blow dry it, will be fine. Five days later dead RV 8 hours from a shop. Tow it back for review.
Also still leaking under walls while taking a shower from faulty shower design. Walls are all bubbled out from lamination to studs design. So matter of time before it happens again and Mold sets in under shower pan.
Again new unit and unusable. Also ordered part overnighted on Thursday, arrived on Tuesday and I have to pay for shipping.
Needless to say Jayco’s customer service is overwhelming me, NOT!
Luckily the dealership is doing everything they can to make it right even without manufacturer’s support. Giving Dealer A+.
Old 07-12-2022, 06:18 PM   #6

sounds like it might be worth building a shield for the BmPro node...that still allows airflow but offer water protection....hmmmm?

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:51 PM   #7

My thoughts exactly, my only fears are
A: electric and water do not mix that is why cars are totaled when this happens as you can continue to have problems. Just worried that this will be an ongoing ghosting issue as water was on all the wires leading into the module, aka corrosion.
B: JAYCO keeps telling me any alterations or me trying to fix an item will automatically void my warranty, like caulking the shower for the leaks as they do not caulk them.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:48 AM   #8

Jayco 36SSWS PROBLEMS

We have a 2021 36SSWS that we purchased in June, 2021. As of now, it’s been in the shop for 8 months, 12 days.(total shop time since June, 2021=13 months!)
As it sat, the node for the bed slide quit and the tablet and controller has been replaced.
We’re negotiating with Jayco’s lawyers for a monetary settlement. Jayco won’t take it back.
We had all of the problems and more that are described on this page.
Hopefully this time, it’ll be forever fixed!
Debndave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:51 AM   #9

We are looking at new campers. No matter the brand they all seam to have the same BMPRO concept. I really do not want any of these smart systems. What I find frustrating is on Jayco's website, they list it as a mandatory option. But it is not an option.

I had to take some required training for work this past week. The subject happened to be on deceptive practices. Found it interesting and my interpretation of the training is that Jayco is participates in these deceptive tactics with their pricing and the mandatory options. They list the price as a lower price to deceive you as it is a good deal, but the real price includes these mandatory items you cannot escape from. rant over

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 04:50 PM   #10

Very sorry about your water damage.

We just purchased same year/model with a 2020 Montana 3780RL trade, scheduled to take delivery next week and planned a water functionality / leak test during the PDI since we recently had a similar shower wall/pan joint leak on a new Thor motorhome.....Thor warranty was advised about the issue and approved having the wall/pan joint caulked, which was completed and leak mitigated.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:52 PM   #11

Our BMPro is flashing, and we have no access to the programs. We found information that told us to disconnect the system reconnect and it should reboot. No luck. Is there a battery somewhere that we don’t see. How do we get this working?
CHARLEIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 06:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLEIGH View Post
Our BMPro is flashing, and we have no access to the programs. We found information that told us to disconnect the system reconnect and it should reboot. No luck. Is there a battery somewhere that we don’t see. How do we get this working?

What do you mean by flashing? Is the screen showing the BMPRO logo over and over?
Old 03-18-2023, 09:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
What do you mean by flashing? Is the screen showing the BMPRO logo over and over?
Yes Bmpro screen and then a black screen, when this started a week ago it would show the Jayco command screen and reset itself. After trying the manual reboot as suggested we now only have Bmpro and black.
CHARLEIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 10:40 AM   #14

Your battery has gotten low and the charging system is not strong enough to start the JayCommand App and charge the battery. Lots posted about this here. First thing to try is to remove tablet from wall and charge it with a stronger charger, like a phone charger and connected to the wall. That will usually bring it back. I have posted in another thread how to remove from the bezel . You will also need an USB C cord
Old 03-18-2023, 11:50 AM   #15

check out this thread, and post # 16

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...bh-100091.html