Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #21

I also have had excellent service and response from Jayco. They covered repairs well after the two year base warranty expired. Even reimbursed me to upgrade my batteries to 6 volt Trojans. I still stay in touch with them even though my coach is now definitely off warranty. If I require information or repair advice they have always responded . My local dealer not so much. Jacob Frey is my contact there and he is great at helping us out.
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:13 PM   #22

I haven't had any problems with the dealer I purchased from, but the local dealership is a different story. Main reason I didn't but local. I asked Jayco for a wiring diagram, had it on email in a few minutes. Asked for a board for the 2nd roof unit, had it shipped to me by the dealer I bought from in a few days. Needed help to figure out the controllers for my slide remotes, dealer put me through to a guy in the shop and we walked through the system over the phone and found the problem, I fixed it right then. Now my local dealer is a different story. Got a TSB from Jayco right after we picked up the new coach, an upgrade on the landing gear circuit from 20 to 30 amps. Local dealer refused to do the work. Called Jayco and they called the local guy and got it handled through the local dealer. Great results with the dealer I bought from and Jayco as well. Now this local goober here in West Ky...not so much.
2002 Dodge 2500
2019 Ram 3500
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #23

Being in the shopping mode I have sent several questions by email about Greyhawks and Entegra Odyssey's. I always have a answer by mid morning the next day. I'm pleased with that.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:21 PM   #24

I just sent my request for wiring and plumbing diagrams. I will let you know how it works out.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #25

I've experienced nothing but excellent service when contacting Jayco corporate. Very willing to respond to my questions over the phone and send diagrams when needed. I've become rather brand loyal to Jayco because of their excellent dealer network, products, and service.
Jayco Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I am getting tired of dealing with the shower door latch as I have broken 2 and another friend with a Seneca has broken 3! I am in the process of making Laser cut aluminum ones that will be powder coated and the cost will not be not much more than the crappy plastic ones. Should be available real soon.

Just an update as I have had several PM's about them. I should have everything ready to go with these by the end of next week....would be sooner but have to be gone all next week. I am supplying them with all new hardware in case people have removed the broken one and thrown away but the original bushing will also work with it.
Attached Thumbnails
50940414_1697282897040629_2586964742044123136_n.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Jayco is really going thru their customer service people!!

You get an email from one of them and by the time you respond to that email that person is no longer at Jayco............
We have a greyhawk mv29 and have had very few issues. But, because the closest dealer has the worst service dept. on the planet, I've become a fairly competent do - it - yourselfer. It's amazing what you can do with a decent selection of tools and a little help from Utube.
This is our 5th RV and virtually ever RV service department we've ever dealt with has been populated by uneducated idiots. I find it very disconcerting that Jayco (or any other manufacturer) would allow this! So, DIY.
Good luck!
jdgmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Jayco is really going thru their customer service people!!

You get an email from one of them and by the time you respond to that email that person is no longer at Jayco............
We have been Jayco owners for years (have had 3 of them) We were so sorry when we found out they had been bought out. They had been a family owned business for years! We had some major problems with one slide on on rig that had the Swinteck (sp?) mechanism... had to take to the factory several years ago. The VP of Sales came to speak with us to let us know that Jayco would make it right ... and they did! We have not had to deal with them since they were bought out but had heard things were going down hill. Good luck.
W Kearney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Kearney View Post
We have been Jayco owners for years (have had 3 of them) We were so sorry when we found out they had been bought out. They had been a family owned business for years!
Bontragers are still in charge. Thor just gave them an infusion of capital to expand. You hear about more problems because they are selling more. Majority of problems are at the dealer level. I have a 2017 and 19
NORTHPOINT and a 19 PINNACLE as neighbors and all 3 praise JAYCO's quality.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
I sent them a message from the customer service link on the main Jayco page... and they sent me the wiring diagrams back first thing this morning...
Me two, asked for a solar diagram. Theresent me a scymatic, it showed #8 on the top #8 to the batteries (I think). Mine are #10. So I asked if they knew where the wires were on the inside of the wall. I got a diagram of where all my plugs were. Still don’t know where the wires from the controller to the batteries?
burgiebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:56 PM   #31

Have had very good communication and help from Jayco customer service. They have made major repairs that they could have denied. I have no complaints about Jayco's customer service at this point. The only doubts I have are whether any other company does any better, particularly in lieu of Jayco's two year warranty to start out with.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgiebill View Post
Me two, asked for a solar diagram. Theresent me a scymatic, it showed #8 on the top #8 to the batteries (I think). Mine are #10. So I asked if they knew where the wires were on the inside of the wall. I got a diagram of where all my plugs were. Still don’t know where the wires from the controller to the batteries?
Schematics are all they ever have. Exact wire placement can vary since they use the same basic wiring for different models. Normally the only wiring in the walls is placed in the interior wall cavities, very very rare for it to be in the outside walls. Solar would run through the roof to a chase or the back of a cabinet to the basement.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Schematics are all they ever have. Exact wire placement can vary since they use the same basic wiring for different models. Normally the only wiring in the walls is placed in the interior wall cavities, very very rare for it to be in the outside walls. Solar would run through the roof to a chase or the back of a cabinet to the basement.
The wires from top come into an interior wall. I’ve found the top wires to the controller but no idea where from controller to batteries are those wires?
burgiebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #34

Interestingly (or not), I received only a floorplan that shows appliance and feature locations. I was told, that because my unit is new, I would have to talk to the dealer about wiring diagrams.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #35

You mention a shower travel latch #0277029. Who did you order it from.

Thanks
2018rvs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018rvs2 View Post
You mention a shower travel latch #0277029. Who did you order it from.

Thanks

I have direct replacement Powder Coated Aluminum ones for sale over on the Classifieds. These will not break like the plastic ones. If interested send me a PM.

https://www.jaycoclassifieds.com/rv-...her-models-292

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote