Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #1

Jayco customer service

Jayco is really going thru their customer service people!!

You get an email from one of them and by the time you respond to that email that person is no longer at Jayco............

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #2

I called a week ago to see if I could get them to send me a replacement shower door "travel latch" or at least provide a manufacturer name/part number. I was given such the run around only to be pointed to a dealer to answer my question. (I even explained I had contacted the dealer which told me to contact Jayco customer service first to see if they could send me a replacement)

So many have said they have called in the past and received at least information pertaining to what they need. They gave me NONE. I really was disappointed in the way they handled the situation.

By the way , for anyone needing a replacement shower door travel latch for a 2017 29MV or many others, the part number is 0277029 ...and they run about $11 plus shipping. I decided to just make one out of spare plastic LOL
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20190115-WA0393.jpg  
WannaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #3

I sent them a message from the customer service link on the main Jayco page... and they sent me the wiring diagrams back first thing this morning...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:19 PM   #4

Lots of reasons people leave a company, or transfer within the company to a different position. People moving around, or moving on, doesn't say anything about the company. I'm sure with the lack of people available in the area, there are lots of people switching to a different company for better pay, better working hours or, just because other's they know work there. Or maybe that person got sick of the winters in the mid west and moved to follow the sun

As told by many on here, Jayco has outstanding customer service, perhaps not as fast as some would like, but they do stand behind their product.

Hope you get your issues resolved.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:58 AM   #5

I need to get a wiring diagram and a replacement mcd shade. Hoping for the best!

1GreatScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaGo View Post
I called a week ago to see if I could get them to send me a replacement shower door "travel latch" or at least provide a manufacturer name/part number. I was given such the run around only to be pointed to a dealer to answer my question. (I even explained I had contacted the dealer which told me to contact Jayco customer service first to see if they could send me a replacement)

So many have said they have called in the past and received at least information pertaining to what they need. They gave me NONE. I really was disappointed in the way they handled the situation.

By the way , for anyone needing a replacement shower door travel latch for a 2017 29MV or many others, the part number is 0277029 ...and they run about $11 plus shipping. I decided to just make one out of spare plastic LOL
I am getting tired of dealing with the shower door latch as I have broken 2 and another friend with a Seneca has broken 3! I am in the process of making Laser cut aluminum ones that will be powder coated and the cost will not be not much more than the crappy plastic ones. Should be available real soon.
Attached Thumbnails
BF555281-5DF3-4300-8FE9-4EE5932CE037.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaGo View Post
I was given such the run around only to be pointed to a dealer to answer my question. (I even explained I had contacted the dealer which told me to contact Jayco customer service first to see if they could send me a replacement)
Their policy is to only supply parts to a dealer. Why? Because years ago dealers "bitched" they were being cut out of their profit from parts sales and warranty money. The dealer is supposed to order it then send it to you. Anyone who got a part sent direct from JAYCO got lucky and was an exception.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GreatScouter View Post
I need to get a wiring diagram and a replacement mcd shade. Hoping for the best!
Welcome to the forum.
With your vin#, the wiring diagram you can get directly from Jayco.

Have you talked to your dealer about the shade? A warranty claim through the dealer is the usual method.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #9

The shower door latch in our 16 Eagle is metal,maybe would work in your camper!
brettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettt View Post
It's also metal in our 2018 North Point.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Welcome to the forum.
With your vin#, the wiring diagram you can get directly from Jayco.

Have you talked to your dealer about the shade? A warranty claim through the dealer is the usual method.
Thanks! Getting ready to go out on our 1st trip....

Haven't talked to dealer yet, my RV tech said to try to get Jayco to send it to the dealer to help speed up the amount of time my rig will be sitting on their lot.

I'm also going to call MCD but I think it just needs to be replaced. It's a manual day & nite shade and it doesn't grab at all when extended.

What's the best method to contact Jayco? Email or phone?

Old 01-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettt View Post

Can you post a picture of the latch?
Sean1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #13

My experience with Jayco Customer Service over the past two years has been excellent. Yes, they do change people at times, as does any other large company. My guess is that some get promoted, some get transferred, some leave the company, etc. I have never experienced any type of poor service from the CS group.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #14

How do I find Jayco customer service number, I am needing paint codes from a 2007 Class C Jayco Seneca that we damaged this past week. Please send me e-mail-

kkjb48@aol.com
kimhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhunter View Post
How do I find Jayco customer service number, I am needing paint codes from a 2007 Class C Jayco Seneca that we damaged this past week. Please send me e-mail-

kkjb48@aol.com
https://www.jayco.com/site/contact/service/

Old 01-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #16

I contacted Jayco to get the wiring diagrams and internal frame structure diagrams and also asked them to send new MCD shades (not staying down) to the dealer. They responded the next day via email and basically said because my RV was still under warranty all of my requests have to go through the dealer. This didn't make me happy because the dealer is 2 months out on their service appointments and said I can only put up to 8 items on the list for repair, etc. I'm not surprised the dealer doesn't want to do warranty repairs but it seems diagrams would be easy to send.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GreatScouter View Post
I contacted Jayco to get the wiring diagrams and internal frame structure diagrams and also asked them to send new MCD shades (not staying down) to the dealer. They responded the next day via email and basically said because my RV was still under warranty all of my requests have to go through the dealer. This didn't make me happy because the dealer is 2 months out on their service appointments and said I can only put up to 8 items on the list for repair, etc. I'm not surprised the dealer doesn't want to do warranty repairs but it seems diagrams would be easy to send.
I can understand the warranty issues but they can and should send the diagrams. I requested wiring, plumbing, TV & audio diagrams and they emailed them to me within 24 hours.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:29 AM   #18

I would call them back again and ask one more time for the schematics. A number of us have gone to Jayco direct, and this is the first time I've heard them deny the ske
matics and asked you to go through a dealer.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I requested wiring, plumbing, TV & audio diagrams and they emailed them to me within 24 hours.
Normal policy is not to. Many have gotten CS agents who will bend the rule and some will not.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:32 AM   #20

I have always gotten diagrams and drawings I requested sent to me by email. This may vary from dealer to dealer but my local dealer has had no problems ordering in the parts for me to make simple repairs myself. They always request the VIN, a picture of the old part and description of the issue. They even offer to have the parts drop shipped from Jayco to me at no charge but I always go pick the up as the parts gal is pretty cute I have done this several time with not issues and in a reply email from Jayco, this is the procedure they suggested for small repairs. I think there is so much turnover in the service contacts that newbies will try and blow you off as they dont know the correct answer or what they are allowed to do. Usually a reply or two back to them can get you better results.