Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2019, 04:02 PM   #1

Jayco dealer issue?

Hello,
I was hoping for some feedback I purchased a jayco north point new and the dealer didn't include the furrion tv ottoman or the vaccuum hose. After dealing with jayco themselves they told the dealer that need to be fixed. I spoke with the service guy who told me I could pick up my stuff and to bring the insignia tv they installed instead of the furrion. I arrived with the tv but the service guy I was dealing with left early the day of my scheduled appointment to pick up my stuff. Another guy gave me my stuff loaded it in the car and I asked him what about the tv you wanted back he said he new nothing about that. I said ok left took my stuff now the other guy wants the 200. Dollar cheap tv back but wont send me a shipping label and wants me to drive 8 hours to drop it off. He said he would void my warranty if I don't any thoughts if they can do that?
Lovenitt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovenitt01 View Post
Hello,
I was hoping for some feedback I purchased a jayco north point new and the dealer didn't include the furrion tv ottoman or the vaccuum hose. After dealing with jayco themselves they told the dealer that need to be fixed. I spoke with the service guy who told me I could pick up my stuff and to bring the insignia tv they installed instead of the furrion. I arrived with the tv but the service guy I was dealing with left early the day of my scheduled appointment to pick up my stuff. Another guy gave me my stuff loaded it in the car and I asked him what about the tv you wanted back he said he new nothing about that. I said ok left took my stuff now the other guy wants the 200. Dollar cheap tv back but wont send me a shipping label and wants me to drive 8 hours to drop it off. He said he would void my warranty if I don't any thoughts if they can do that?
So fortunate I live 5 miles from my dealer and they are locally owned. I would try to talk to the dealership general manager, owner, etc. Surely they will send a shipping label. Not quite sure how they could "void" your warranty.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Hello,
Wow! Who is this dealer, it will help other forum members to steer clear. As far as the Furrion TV, you may be better off without it. Didn't think they made worse TV's. In hind sight, I would have left the TV anyway and have the service guy give you a receipt for it. As far as the dealer having the power to void your warranty, they full of it. Cheap trick.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:32 PM   #4

If it were me...I would tell them if they want it to come pick it up! You already made the drive once & the service guy you spoke with said basically "keep it" by his response or lack there of! As everyone else said, they can't void your warranty, BUT you probably won't be able to take your RV back to them for any work. Looks like that would be a win win for you tho in this instance!
Old 11-18-2019, 07:48 PM   #5

Contact Jayco and tell them this story. It will come in handy if the dealer tries to get your warranty voided. This sounds like total dealer BS.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #6

The service guy just wants the TV for himself. Ask for the service manager and tell him to send you a prepaid shipping label so you can send it back. If no luck with him go to the sales manager. And a dealership can’t avoid your factory warranty. See if you can find another Jayco authorized warranty repair facility.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:52 PM   #7

Having been a RV dealer for many ,many years the dealer can not void your warranty. He is only a dealer not a manufacturer, and he is full of BS telling you that . Tell him if he wants the sorry TV come and get, and when he does make sure you are not home. ( LOL , jokes on him. )
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I was told today ther just sending me a bill for the tv. Ugh
Lovenitt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I was told today ther just sending me a bill for the tv. Ugh
I would be on the phone with the General Manager/Owner and I would tell him what to do with his bill. You offered them the TV and THEY refused it.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:52 PM   #10

Stick it in the Furrion box, tape the bill to the outside and mail it back to him, but make sure you forget the power cord, manual and remote.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Well, being a Furrion, the bill shouldn’t be more than $20. And they’ll owe you change
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Whoever they are lets end the customer bloodletting here. Do not go back .EVER.. And write to both the dealer and Jayco letting them know why.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:54 PM   #13

Come on tell us the Dealers name .....
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:32 PM   #14

You might have the missing TV, ottoman and hose hiding underneath the bed. After completing and during pti on our new 2018 Seismic 4116. I had the dealer give me all of the things that we (the technician the wife and I) thought was missing. 1500 miles later at home I was shocked to find all of the things that we thought was missing. The wife and I were going to put the extra bedding under the bed, guess what we found all neatly packed? 3 TV's with mounts, the vacuum hose and head, out side TV mount and a grill with 2 hoses. The technician never looked, nor did we, under the bed. We just packaged all of the things that were duplicated and shipped them back to them with a note telling where we found them.
Yes they thanked us and offered to refund the shipping. I politely refused saying it was my stupid mistake.
As for the Furon TV it's designed to play with the stereo, fireplace and surround sound system, and ours works great. After over 2500 miles and 135 days on the road all 3 TV'S are still working great.

Desertman
Attached Thumbnails
20190624_154441.jpg  
Destrtman is offline   Reply With Quote