Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2017, 09:19 PM   #1

Jayco Designer 5th wheel?

Did Jayco drop the Designer line, again, for 2018?

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:39 AM   #2

They are not making them for 2018. We were at the factory in June and during the tour the guide said there wasn't enough demand so they've put the line "on hold" for 2018.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #3

Heard the same thing, not enough sales. When we bought our Pinnacle, we looked to see if we were missing something. I could not see the value difference for the $20k upcharge. We do love our Pinnacle though!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2017, 03:44 AM   #4
Site Team

It's very confusing when they take an old name and put it on a new model rig.

The Designer was the top of the line back in 2010, then they dropped it and renamed it the Pinnacle. Now 8 years they came out with the Designer again and marketing it as an upgrade.

How much higher can you go than the Pinnacle?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
There's always the acme or the apex.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:54 PM   #6

Interesting as we have a 2018 Designer 39RE. I agree mostly cosmetic changes from pinnacle to designer. Although I will say the woodwork is really nice but What we wanted was ability to get disk brakes, 8k axels, 3k carrying capacity and full body paint upgrade was 1/2 the cost of the same option on pinnacle.

We ordered the end of April and received it 3rd week of august.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bsla11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #7

We do love the family room and kitchen layout. I'm not sure the pinnacle line had this exact floor plan.

I agree nothing wrong with the pinnacle and north point lines.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsla11 View Post

We do love the family room and kitchen layout. I'm not sure the pinnacle line had this exact floor plan.

I agree nothing wrong with the pinnacle and north point lines.

How do you like it? Any major issues with it?

very nice, we're going to the Hershey show to see that floor plan and some of the other new floor plans in the Pinnacle,
https://www.jayco.com/products/fifth...nnacle/38refs/

We've seen it on youtube and really liked it and our local Jayco dealer doesn't have it yet. As of now, that's on the top of our list and if all works out, it'll be in my driveway by years end.
DownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #9

Well we picked up 2 days before a 17 day trip that was planned 4 months ago.

Good news is no major issues. One inconvenient item is recliner chairs (recline, heat, vibration) never worked. We're bring it in tomorrow to get warranty work done. They will have to be replaced.

One slide we were worried about sealing was not a problem. It was well tested in Nashville when remnants of hurricane Harvey came through.

Strangely we don't have the arch between the kitchen and family room as shown in floor plan. Have to see what Jayco will do about that.

I will say the dealer was not at all familiar with this model as they don't sell many. So PDI didn't cover everything. Lots of things they were not familiar with.

Some things I fixed my self as fuse to counter edge lighting was blown.

On that trip we talked with some one with the exact same model from 2016 and no problems.

It is long though at 42 feet. Finding a storage site was much more difficult than we thought it would be but we live in the Chicago area.

Overall we still love it.

Good luck with your decision

Old 09-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Well we picked up 2 days before a 17 day trip that was planned 4 months ago.

Good news is no major issues. One inconvenient item is recliner chairs (recline, heat, vibration) never worked. We're bring it in tomorrow to get warranty work done. They will have to be replaced.

One slide we were worried about sealing was not a problem. It was well tested in Nashville when remnants of hurricane Harvey came through.

Strangely we don't have the arch between the kitchen and family room as shown in floor plan. Have to see what Jayco will do about that.

I will say the dealer was not at all familiar with this model as they don't sell many. So PDI didn't cover everything. Lots of things they were not familiar with.

Some things I fixed my self as fuse to counter edge lighting was blown.

On that trip we talked with some one with the exact same model from 2016 and no problems.

It is long though at 42 feet. Finding a storage site was much more difficult than we thought it would be but we live in the Chicago area.

Overall we still love it.

Good luck with your decision

what are you towing it with and what hitch do you have?
DownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:04 AM   #11

We are towing with a 2017 Ram mega cab 6.5 bed 3500 dually, Asian trans 4.10, 5th wheel prep with air bags. It allows the bed to adjust a little lower when towing. Love the seats in this truck as they are very comfortable and have a nice cooling affect. Air is pushed through the front seats.

Using a Demco Hijacker 21k hitch. Wanted this one for its height adjustment ability. It is a heavy duty hitch! No problems making tight turns with this slider hitch.

Tows fine even tho we have some options that adding weight: dual pane windows, generator, 4 AGM 6 v batteries, 3rd air conditioner.

Currently hitch set at the middle height but I need to lower it as I'm a little nose high and have 7+ inches of bed clearance. I really thought the truck would squat more with all the weight from the batteries, generator and basement storage.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Interesting as we have a 2018 Designer 39RE. I agree mostly cosmetic changes from pinnacle to designer. Although I will say the woodwork is really nice but What we wanted was ability to get disk brakes, 8k axels, 3k carrying capacity and full body paint upgrade was 1/2 the cost of the same option on pinnacle.

We ordered the end of April and received it 3rd week of august.

We just Bought a Jayco Designer 2016, 37FB, this summer, we bought the Jayco because of those same reasons, as well as the high quality! We’ve been having problems with the slide that has the Fridge and fireplace are on! Jayco told us the motor on that slide is too small, are you having the same problems?
JanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
It's very confusing when they take an old name and put it on a new model rig.

The Designer was the top of the line back in 2010, then they dropped it and renamed it the Pinnacle. Now 8 years they came out with the Designer again and marketing it as an upgrade.

When I bought my 2010 Designer the Pinnacle was just being delivered to dealers. Now it may have just been the configuration that my dealer had ordered, but the Designer I bought was "loaded" with all options at the time, but the Pinnacle was not and would have cost me more than the Designer with the same options.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote