Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2022, 06:17 AM   #1

Jayco Eagle 29.5BHDS

Hello Everyone,

My family currently has a Grey Wolf TT 26DBH we like and it has been a great TT. However, when we got into RV’ing, we went with a TT even though we desired a fifth wheel but was unsure if RV life was for us……well, we are hooked and love it.

Now to our dilemma we have. We want to get a fiver and went to our area RV show and toured a Jayco 29.5BHDS that we loved in almost every way. We loved the construction of the unit and the actual Jayco rep took the time to answer all our questions. I had no idea the walls were vacuum sealed to add to it’s strength and fact the system comes with GY Endurance and TPMS is a real plus.

Our main question for anyone owning this model is concerning the hidden pantry. Has anyone found any weakness in this area like warping or the like since we know RV’s can flex and all during transit. Also, any other common issue you may have had with this particular model???

Thank you.
Germanrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:59 AM   #2

We have the 28.5 Eagle HT and our pantry held up fine during out first 2 week outing in the Southeast. Don't have any reason to believe it would warp...
Old 01-14-2022, 08:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones211 View Post
We have the 28.5 Eagle HT and our pantry held up fine during out first 2 week outing in the Southeast. Don't have any reason to believe it would warp...
Thanks for the response. That is great to know.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:15 AM   #4

I have a 2018 29.5 bhds. I have had no problems with my pantry. But I believe the have change the set up for the 2022. Mine has the TV that swings out and has storage behind it.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokyle1 View Post
I have a 2018 29.5 bhds. I have had no problems with my pantry. But I believe the have change the set up for the 2022. Mine has the TV that swings out and has storage behind it.
Yes. The 2022 has the wall section on a hinge that swings open to like a hidden room so to speak with the pantry located there. Kind of neat. I hope it is not a weak area given. Thank you for replying. Overall, how is the model in your estimation?
Old 01-15-2022, 08:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanrazor View Post
Hello Everyone,

My family currently has a Grey Wolf TT 26DBH we like and it has been a great TT. However, when we got into RV’ing, we went with a TT even though we desired a fifth wheel but was unsure if RV life was for us……well, we are hooked and love it.

Now to our dilemma we have. We want to get a fiver and went to our area RV show and toured a Jayco 29.5BHDS that we loved in almost every way. We loved the construction of the unit and the actual Jayco rep took the time to answer all our questions. I had no idea the walls were vacuum sealed to add to it’s strength and fact the system comes with GY Endurance and TPMS is a real plus.

Our main question for anyone owning this model is concerning the hidden pantry. Has anyone found any weakness in this area like warping or the like since we know RV’s can flex and all during transit. Also, any other common issue you may have had with this particular model???

Thank you.

We have a 2022 Eagle HT TT 284bhok with the hidden pantry. We are taking ours in for warranty service this week due to a warped pantry door. It won’t stay connected to the magnet at the top. The bottom is perfect.
Bhdsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 01:55 PM   #7

I have a 2018 29.5 BHDS and our pantry is behind and above the TV. We have pulled ours from Kentucky to BANFF, MOAB and Florida several trips. It's a great FW and I would not trade it for anything new. It pulls great with a RAM 2500 and has held up well.
Road Warrior 241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 03:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhdsfan View Post
We have a 2022 Eagle HT TT 284bhok with the hidden pantry. We are taking ours in for warranty service this week due to a warped pantry door. It won’t stay connected to the magnet at the top. The bottom is perfect.
Was it like that when you bought it or a problem that developed?
Old 01-16-2022, 07:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanrazor View Post
Was it like that when you bought it or a problem that developed?

It was like that when we bought it and we pointed it out to the dealer.
Bhdsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhdsfan View Post
It was like that when we bought it and we pointed it out to the dealer.
I guess that is encouraging to know it did not develop after you had it and maybe just a QC issue that they let by or it escaped their knowing. Hopefully they fix it to your liking.