Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2021, 03:35 PM   #1

Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

Hello, I hope that every one are still doing find doing this plandemic but I wanted to ask those who have this 5th wheel. I order a Garmin 785 GPS and since that the dealer still have our 5th wheel in the shop still, after 5 going on 6 months now what is the the total height and length of yours?

When I get it I want to be able to go to my setting and put it in before we go on our trip this summer, we are planning maybe Lake Tahoe and down to some of CA. I still don't know when they are going to get the RV doing but they said that they are working on it now and hopefully maybe we might go down to TX or AZ area or somewhere far.

Anyway guys thank you so much if you know you dimension so I can put it in my new GPS when I get it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:04 PM   #2

Hi Big1
Our 2017 321rsts as measured a week ago is 13 ft 2 in when dead level. When hooked up to our truck truck is dead level and so is trailer.
Now mines going to get slightly taller. Have one bad spring that has flattened over an inch compared to other 3. LCI has covered cost of 4 springs and I am covering the uplift to 3500lb lb springs. With new springs likely 13Ft 4 in at most.
As for length.... Trailer from front of bubble to rear ladder 32 ft 2 inches.
From kingpin to bumper 36 ft 10 inches

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:40 PM   #3

My 321 measures 13’2” with a low profile AC in the front bedroom. Was 13’7” before I made Jayco swap it out as it was over the legal height limit.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:43 PM   #4

Ours has the low profile AC on front as well. Tallest item on roof is the maxfann cover over bathroom maxxfan
RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:54 PM   #5

Okay great and thank you so much, so I would be safe to put in 13'.5" high to be safe, do I need to put more to cover me at any low bridges and I guess with my ram 3500 CC SB I will be safe if I put total length of 53'?

I'm going with 37' for my RV length and about 16' from the middle of my bed to the noise of my truck will be 53', will I be safe to say? Thank you guys again, this is a big help.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:56 PM   #6

If you plan on CA, bring lots of money for gas!

Think you'll like the 785. Only negatives I've experienced so far is sometimes glare on the screen and slight vibration in the videos due to the heaviness of the unit causing vibration in the windshield mount. Don't leave in the sun while parked.

Come to Arizona...cheaper and more fun than CA.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 Traveler View Post
If you plan on CA, bring lots of money for gas!

Think you'll like the 785. Only negatives I've experienced so far is sometimes glare on the screen and slight vibration in the videos due to the heaviness of the unit causing vibration in the windshield mount. Don't leave in the sun while parked.

Come to Arizona...cheaper and more fun than CA.
Will do I will only go through a small section of CA to go down to Sparks NV the wife and I have talk about going to AZ many time, where is a good place to go?

I search long and hard before I decided to go with the 785 Garmin and I read some mix reviews on them so I figure that giving any of them have their slight issue.

I look at the 890 but I didn't want that 8" screen in the front window along with all of my other gadgets I know that the 785 is not too much smaller and the new on are even bigger so I figure if I run that with Waze I should be okay.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #8

If you are going to stay in Sparks, check out Sparks Marina RV park…first class service. Going south on 95 to Hawthorne….Whiskey Flats RV Park, another nice place to stay.

Or East on 80 to Winnemucca, New Frontier RV Park. Have a fun trip…stay away from low bridges…

Old 05-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Will do I will only go through a small section of CA to go down to Sparks NV the wife and I have talk about going to AZ many time, where is a good place to go?.
Grand Canyon of course, Sedona, Lake Powell. Farther south Kartchner Caverns State Park is awesome, then Tombstone and Biebee.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:59 PM   #10

Oh yeah you have giving me some good places I will check all of these ones out, when I finally get my fiver back I will be so ready to go somewhere, thanks and yes I will keep away from those low bridges, lol.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:33 AM   #11

I use 13'7" for our North Point 363 FKWS just in case...it measures 13'4" with our low profile MACH 8Plus ACs, but with road bounce possibilities, added a couple of
inches just to be sure...saved us twice, at least, with low bridges....

On AZ location, we just spent three weeks at Verde Valley RV Park, Thousand Trails park, nice, clean, fairly large sites... and spent almost every day doing something in the area with everything within about two hours...Grand Canyon (we actually got a hotel room for one night to extend our touring there...awesome!!)...Sedona and Red Rock Park is a must, lots of hiking...a Gun Range that lets you rent machine guns...I did the Browing M1919 .30 cal, ...what a blast literally...Cliff Dwellings, great mountain scenic drives, Verde River, hiking all over the place...and fairly decent temperatures... Defiantly a must do and there are several other RV parks that are in the area with plenty of boon docking areas as well... great location for all around activities and relaxing...IMO
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperace View Post
I use 13'7" for our North Point 363 FKWS just in case...it measures 13'4" with our low profile MACH 8Plus ACs, but with road bounce possibilities, added a couple of
inches just to be sure...saved us twice, at least, with low bridges....

On AZ location, we just spent three weeks at Verde Valley RV Park, Thousand Trails park, nice, clean, fairly large sites... and spent almost every day doing something in the area with everything within about two hours...Grand Canyon (we actually got a hotel room for one night to extend our touring there...awesome!!)...Sedona and Red Rock Park is a must, lots of hiking...a Gun Range that lets you rent machine guns...I did the Browing M1919 .30 cal, ...what a blast literally...Cliff Dwellings, great mountain scenic drives, Verde River, hiking all over the place...and fairly decent temperatures... Defiantly a must do and there are several other RV parks that are in the area with plenty of boon docking areas as well... great location for all around activities and relaxing...IMO

Okay, I'm interested now that one park do look good and at one time we were looking to go down to AZ but we didn't go of course, can't wait to get our RV back so we can start planning.

I think that this is the one I will look closely at, we do at least one long trip and the other are short trip right around 300 to 400 miles great thank you.

On the GPS what kind to you have? Now if I set it to like 13'.7" how do the GPS work, like if a bridge is 14'.0 will it let me go under it or will it give me a warning? I get the Garmin 785 next week so I want to put in all of my setting before or about time we get our RV.

Down in AZ is where also I received my CHL but I know that you don't need one there it let me carry in other states. If I'm not a member at Thousand Trails will they still let me make an appointment?
Old 05-08-2021, 01:59 PM   #13

I have the Garmin BC30 as it has wireless backup camera - that you
set the dimensions for you RV...and yes it provides warnings and routes you around low bridges/objects that are in the database...so far it has caught
most of the low bridges in areas we have traveled as when it calculates the route it plans a route that fits your RV's height and weight... so far so good with this one... I check it against RV LIFE PRO, RV TRIP WIZARD SAFE ROUTE app (a must have in my opinion) for every trip, about 30 trip legs now from east coast to AZ where we are now, and only had one route difference that RV SAFE ROUTE advised that GARMIN GPS didn't...

This park you don't have to be a TT member...think the cost is $30-52 depending
on 30/50 amp, hook ups, etc...

I just uploaded a review on Campground Reviews web site, and there are other reviews and pics there as well...you can reserve online also from Thousand Trails website........also forgot, there is a Winery right next door that's not bad and offers Kayaking tours on the Verde River - nice swimming hole on Verde River right next to this park as well....
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
Old 05-08-2021, 03:32 PM   #14

Okay that sound like a place that I want to camp out at, I will bring this up to the boss and see what's she think and start planning a nice long trip there.

I would be a good trip for us we are in the PNW area and I think that it's about 1,400 miles from where we are living but that trip will be worth it for me. Campground Review I have sign up there so I will log into my account and check out the reviews and thank you.

I will probably if she like it plan a 8 days trip there so we can enjoy some of the places and eat some good food there. There are some good restaurant near by I take it I love foods it's my second pass time, lol.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:35 PM   #15

FOOD/DINING:

Cottonwood:
Belfry Brewery
Pizzaria Bocce
Nick's Italian Steak and Crab (steak special on Tuesday nights)

Clarkdale:
Main Street Cafe (do lunch there before catching the 3 hr Verde Valley Train ride)

Sedona: (numerous restaurants - high end city)
Famous Pizza and Beer
Nicks West Side (Breakfast and Brunch)
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
Old 05-08-2021, 07:51 PM   #16

While in Cottonwood ride the Verde Canyon Railroad, a scenic, relaxing journey.

https://verdecanyonrr.com

Old 05-08-2021, 09:28 PM   #17

Oh yeah, I'm going to try to get the DW to go their, that will be a good trip for us leaving from Seattle to AZ.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:20 PM   #18

If you have a second air conditioner in the bedroom, the height is 13'8". We measured on flat surface, one person on the ground & the other atop the RV.
CoraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 09:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraS View Post
If you have a second air conditioner in the bedroom, the height is 13'8". We measured on flat surface, one person on the ground & the other atop the RV.

What kind of fiver do you have, do you have the 321rsts or similar? I will when I get my fiver will do a measurement on mines.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
What kind of fiver do you have, do you have the 321rsts or similar? I will when I get my fiver will do a measurement on mines.
We had a Jayco Eagle 321RSTS. On our way to MN to pick up a 2021 Pinnicle 32RLTS.
CoraS is offline   Reply With Quote