Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #1

Jayco Eagle HT 25.5REOK & 26.5RLDS widths?

Hi All,

I know the official specs say the Jayco Eagle HT 25.5REOK & 26.5RLDS are 96" wide. But does that include the awning and vents, and anything else that might add a few inches?

Trying plan an "RV Port" and just curious, planning to buy one or the other of those in several months. Also, if you have an Eagle HT are you generally happy with the quality of them?

Thanks!
Jeff
JeffNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
Site Team

My rvport is 16' wide. You want to make it wide enough to allow the slides to open and to give it a wider stance because it will likely be 12-14 ft high in the center.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #3

My rvport is 16' wide with 12' high post. Center height around 14'. I park my Eagle 293RKDS in center and can put out the slides but can not fully extend the awning.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #4

Well, long story, I was going with 18' wide x 45' long (14' high). But I got thinking if I went to 20' wide I might be able to fit two trailers in there....if I ever needed to. But looking at this even that might be snug, especially if door not almost as wide entire 20' width (might be hard to back in one of the trailers on an angle). Also have to see what the actual RV Port height is inside closer to the outside wall (not just in the middle). Going to stop by to see the guy that sells the metal buildings tomorrow, but was just curious about the "real world" width of an Eagle HT and how much space it'd require in an RV Port.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNY View Post
Hi All,

I know the official specs say the Jayco Eagle HT 25.5REOK & 26.5RLDS are 96" wide. But does that include the awning and vents, and anything else that might add a few inches?

Trying plan an "RV Port" and just curious, planning to buy one or the other of those in several months. Also, if you have an Eagle HT are you generally happy with the quality of them?

Thanks!
Jeff
IIRC, the main body is 96", BUT the awning(s) adds inches to that.

(Unimportant TMI...
When I delivered trailers for Jayco, I believe it was Wyoming that required commercial haulers have some kind of 'oversize' permit because of the additional width due to the awning. Only commercial haulers had to worry about it, not RVers. I remember because I'd have park the rig and go into the office to show them I had the required permit. )
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNY View Post
Hi All,

Thanks!
Jeff
I have a 2017 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS. Am very happy with it up to this point. No major issues to report at this time.
richie t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 PM   #7

Thanks Everyone for the feedback!
Old 10-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #8

Jeff, did you by any chance buy at RVone? Just found their website, and they quoted a pretty decent price. If so, thumbs up or thumbs......?
Half Ton Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:25 PM   #9

I did not buy a trailer yet, but I have been out to RVOne in Latham (NY) several times and been talking to them. It not that far from me. But I will prob wait until next year to buy. The footings and walls of my 40'x26' Garage Addition poured now. In a week or two we'll start the concrete work for the RV Port. So, prob in late Spring I will be looking to buy. But thanks for the heads up! j