Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #41

I just got mine today. The water pump is loud. Sounds like it may not be secure.
Is it under bathroom sink perhaps?
Old 05-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #42
KFM

It is under kitchen sink on left side behind covering.
KFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #43

Found it. It’s behind a cover in the basement. Only has one screw holding it down. I’m going to drain the water and hook up to city water to see if it may have air in the system.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:31 PM   #44

Anyone know how the L-showed dinette turns into a bed?
I’m not seeing it.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #45

I believe it uses the drawer and the piece of plywood that is under the cushion, and then the back cushion.
klm0462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #46

That’s correct. You slide out the drawer, then there’s an extra piece of plywood under the cushion that you set on top of the drawer.
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #47

That’s what I thought. It’s missing the second piece of plywood.
Another item for the punch-list !
Old 05-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #48

Anyone having these issues, we picked up our 2018 30.5MBOK in April.
1) Propane door hits the propane bottles and will not close without bending it. Unlatches when driving.

2) Shower leaks water under the door frame, looks like the shower is not supported well and the flexing caused by moving in the shower caused the silicone seal to break.
3) Generator/front storage bay frame falls apart if you leave it latched open
4) Water leak....loose fitting going into the water heater. Made for a fun clean up and drying process.

5) Outside kitchen door lock not lined up and you can open the door easy when it is locked.
6) Living room light flashed on when the heater igniter lights. There is some type of electrical surge.

7) Kitchen slide motor is very overloaded and you have to cross your fingers that it will make it open or closed.
8) Microwave that will not turn off and run at low power until it is unplugged.
9) Bunk slide wood molding is all lifting and coming off.
10) found numerous gaps in the silicone sealing the outer walls.
11) Need to get on the roof and inspect the seams, little scared t see what I find.

That was our experience on our first two week trip in the brand new 30.5MBOK fifth wheel. This is our first Jayco and so far the quality is far less than lower cost forest river travel trailers we have also purchased new.
FordandJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:35 PM   #49

The propane door on ours is tight. The door is bulging on the side with the double bottles, but I can get it closed.

The latch to hold up the generator compartment door would not even catch on the door when we got it.

We had other minor issues, not the same as yours, but I brought it back to the dealer after a few months with all the issues listed out on a sheet and they fixed them all.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:01 AM   #50

Issues with new 30.5MBOK

[QUOTE=FordandJayco;639776]Anyone having these issues, we picked up our 2018 30.5MBOK in April.
1) Propane door hits the propane bottles and will not close without bending it. Unlatches when driving.

2) Shower leaks water under the door frame, looks like the shower is not supported well and the flexing caused by moving in the shower caused the silicone seal to break.
3) Generator/front storage bay frame falls apart if you leave it latched open
4) Water leak....loose fitting going into the water heater. Made for a fun clean up and drying process.

5) Outside kitchen door lock not lined up and you can open the door easy when it is locked.
6) Living room light flashed on when the heater igniter lights. There is some type of electrical surge.

7) Kitchen slide motor is very overloaded and you have to cross your fingers that it will make it open or closed.
8) Microwave that will not turn off and run at low power until it is unplugged.
9) Bunk slide wood molding is all lifting and coming off.
10) found numerous gaps in the silicone sealing the outer walls.
11) Need to get on the roof and inspect the seams, little scared t see what I find.

We also bought new 30.5MBOK in November and have taken it on several Texas Hill country short trips. It's back to dealer for warranty work on several items, and several others mentioned below as info:

bunk room walls bowed in / coming off "studs"

auto leveler doesn't seem to ever auto level

entertainment system being replaced -- AM radio didn't work for some reason

kitchen slide generally works but as mentioned you hold your breath and hope each time.

propane door needs a lot of pressure/bending in order to close properly
berkashire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #51
KFM

I guess we are fortunate. We have a 2018 30.5 MBOK and have only had minor issues such as bathroom door locking when traveling (dealer replaced); laminate bubble on stair step (dealer repaired); front storage latch difficult to use (dealer repaired). We have a great dealer (Camper Country/Myrtle Beach) who went over the 5ver before we picked up and then a thorough PDI. I can also call the owner and/or service manager while on the road for any miscellaneous questions and always get them. We are counting our blessings . Loving the 30.5 MBOK and getting ready for a 3-month cross-country trip. Just replaced OEM fuell tank with a 55 gallon Triton tank and looking forward to getting diesel (Ford F350 6.7 diesel) when convenient for us to stop. Happpy camping everyone!
KFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #52

I just got mine (ordered it). Yard camping this weekend. I have same issue with the propane door not closing, kitchen slide definitely whines when open or close, rain came in behind the awning and runs down side of camper over outside kitchen door, screws for awning support are crooked and loose, and water pump is obnoxious. I’ll try to figure it out this weekend.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:11 PM   #53

30.5 mbok

Camping in trailer right now, haven’t used the air conditioner much yet what we have seems to be fine, it does seem a little warmer in there when the heat is we installed a adjustable heat vent in there that helped we close it off when not in use as far as the rest of the trailer we love it, we did replace the bed with a memory foam mattress well balanced trailer toes like a dream.
CampingIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #54

After you fill your water tank place your tank select back to city water that cured my air getting in my system
CampingIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFM View Post
We are considering a 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK. Can anyone comment on the air and heat conditions on the middle bunk room? With the room being able to be closed off, we are curious if it gets too hot or cold in that room. We would also value any other comments on the 30.5 MBOK. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
I have the 2018 30.5MBOK and I converted the Bunk house into an office. I run 3 computers, 2 27inch monitors, router, UPS, and myself. It does get warmer than the rest of the camper, but opening the door and turned on a small fan did the trick.
Also...I ran only the main AC, on a 30 amp circuit, and it maintained 75 degrees inside while it was 98 outside. I also have the thermopane windows, so I'm sure that helped a little.
With the second AC, you lose the vent in the bedroom, so it gets stuffy in there if you don't have the AC running. That's the down side of getting the 2nd AC unit. When they are both on, it works even better.
waterwalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwalkers View Post
I have the 2018 30.5MBOK and I converted the Bunk house into an office. I run 3 computers, 2 27inch monitors, router, UPS, and myself. It does get warmer than the rest of the camper, but opening the door and turned on a small fan did the trick.

Also...I ran only the main AC, on a 30 amp circuit, and it maintained 75 degrees inside while it was 98 outside. I also have the thermopane windows, so I'm sure that helped a little.

With the second AC, you lose the vent in the bedroom, so it gets stuffy in there if you don't have the AC running. That's the down side of getting the 2nd AC unit. When they are both on, it works even better.

Which vent do you lose? I have the 2nd AC in my 2018 30.5 and I have an overhead vent in the bunk room (and heater vent in floor). I agree it can get a bit warm, especially when I close the vent during the day and then forget to open it at night. Usually the kids crack a window in there and we leave the door open a bit too, and it’s fine.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #57

I was puzzled with this comment too but then I think I figured out he “lost the vent” that was the roof vent, prior to the 2nd AC going there.
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaFF View Post
I was puzzled with this comment too but then I think I figured out he “lost the vent” that was the roof vent, prior to the 2nd AC going there.

Ahhh, I get it! Thanks.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:05 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwalkers View Post

Do you have any pics of your bunk room setup? I was looking at possibly converting this room as well, and would be interested in what yours looks like.

Thanks!

Jeremy
jjnyenhuis27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #60

Would you please private message me some pictures of this. Considering doing the same thing in our 30.5 and would love to see how it turned out. Thanks!
Sfightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote