Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2018, 06:01 AM   #1

Jayco Eagle HT 5th Wheel 29.FBDS

Morning!

Going to the dealer (RVOne in Albany) to take the first walk through of my new 5th wheel today! Moving up from a 26BH to the 29.FBDS...

I've printed and updated the PDI checklist but just looking for any insight on this specific model if anyone has any experience with it. Had zero issues with the last trailer and hoping for the same with this one!

Thanks in advance...
Old 03-23-2018, 10:24 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrusie View Post
Morning!

Going to the dealer (RVOne in Albany) to take the first walk through of my new 5th wheel today! Moving up from a 26BH to the 29.FBDS...

I've printed and updated the PDI checklist but just looking for any insight on this specific model if anyone has any experience with it. Had zero issues with the last trailer and hoping for the same with this one!

Thanks in advance...

Don't have any advice on your specific trailer but we have a unit on order with them now...would love to hear how everything goes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 04:13 PM   #3

Well they left me alone with the unit, after I did the paperwork...wont do that again, paperwork first that is. After documenting a bunch of issues I went back inside and it was decided that I would get a different unit. Sales rep apologized for not giving it a walk through first. The next new unit will be at the dealer, stored off sight, by Sunday AM, good thing I'll be an exit away, to look it over. Asked the rep to be sure he checks it out before I get there and let me know if I should make the trip or not...

Few of the issues:
Damaged trim
Floor not glued down in spots
Water on top of slide while closed
Damaged fender
Damaged trim/joint on back of camper
Damaged cabinet above couch
AntiFreeze under the sink on the shelf

It was explained to me that this unit was on the lot for a period of time, paperwork I found inside showed it was made 10/17 and delivered to the 1/18, new unit, I'm being told, has been on the lot less than 30 days. So, its hard to tell what damage was from the factory and what was from a bunch of people going through it for a few months...or shows it was transported to...

Anyway, this isn't the first time I've had to deal with this, went to pick up a new truck and found damage, asked for a different truck...not going to spend this kind of money and received damaged or "fixed" goods, its never the same!
Old 03-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #4

That’s interesting. We’ve got a custom NP 377 build through RVOne coming in April or May. Damage like that would be horrible and they’ve explained that I can’t sign and take it the same day. Can either go by photos they send, sign the paperwork then come for the PDI or I can make two round trips from Virginia to NY.

We’ve saved $6,000+ from the best deal we can get locally but I’m beyond nervous. Really hope your second attempt goes smoothly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2018, 09:08 AM   #5

I would think that one coming straight from the factory would be better...crossing fingers for tomorrow!
Old 03-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #6

That one almost sounds like it was damaged in transit. Not an unusual situation. I watched a dealer repairing a new trailer than had hit something in the rear corner. Lots of critical repair to be made. I would hope the unti would be advertised as 'repaired' but ..... probably not.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote