Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2021, 05:49 AM   #1

Jayco eagle ods slideout

Hi all. I have a 2011 jayco eagle 351 rlts that I'm having trouble with the ods slideout (driver side with couch and refrigerator) . I replaced the motor on it last yr because the gear stripped out. It slides out fine (maybe a little slow) but my biggest issue is running it back in. It seems like its binding up. I was running it back in yesterday and stopped on me twice. Any thoughts? And thank you in advance
Urbanacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanacamper View Post
Hi all. I have a 2011 jayco eagle 351 rlts that I'm having trouble with the ods slideout (driver side with couch and refrigerator) . I replaced the motor on it last yr because the gear stripped out. It slides out fine (maybe a little slow) but my biggest issue is running it back in. It seems like its binding up. I was running it back in yesterday and stopped on me twice. Any thoughts? And thank you in advance
Is your battery fully charged? We had a problem with that earlier in the year.
mikensue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:17 PM   #3
Site Team

I have the same rig year and all. That slide is very heavy but we have good luck by keeping the seals lubed with slide out lube. Also let it out the slide about 6-8 inches and go underneath with a old towel and wipe the bottom trough where the slide goes over when sliding in to allow it to be level. Clean it often and then spray slide out lube in there also.

I have had to change out a sheared bolt on the slide motor and if you don't put it back in the same place it can throw the slides out of balance. Measure the distance from the open slide and if it is not the same you may have to even it up by taking the bolt off and manually lining them up to the same distance.

Hope this helps. Ours have worked fine and the motors have not strained since we started treating the slide seals.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:40 AM   #4

Battery is fully charged. Had it plugged in. Thank you for response! I appreciate it!
Old 06-12-2021, 07:47 AM   #5

Thank you. I did spray some lube on the rails, but did not clean them. I think thats a good idea.

We bought it a yr ago and seemed to be working fine at first. Then the gear stripped on the motor. I replaced with exact same motor, and then thought maybe it was the wrong one. (Maybe got replaced with a weaker motor b4 I took ownership)
Old 06-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #6

Slide seals

I don’t know how to start a new thread. We purchased our 2021jayco ht27rs first trip out had some issues. I noticed the top corner of the slides, where the corners meet it doesn’t look right. Some of the corners have goopy stuff the others are wide open. Does anyone else’s slides look like this? Is this normal? The dealer told me that’s normal. Somehow I don’t think so
Attached Thumbnails
98E7FFF3-6E84-40B0-AFA0-72DEE0D832E9.jpg   937C1B81-9E90-4936-9CC9-12197BBC1EC0.jpg   CF21AE72-7ABB-467C-BA30-D0709B2FDC0E.jpg   934BCDD8-5826-49A8-A733-D09F7BED60EE.jpg   0DC253D9-AC54-4DEB-98A8-9FAEC25F6BC1.jpg  

Meister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:44 PM   #7

Norty1, do you know if your slideout has 1 motor or 2? I just stopped into a Jayco dealership and they told me that slideout is a 2 motor slide. Mine has 1 motor in it

Thanks

Tags
ods slideout