Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #1

Unhappy Jayco Eagle Slideouts

We have a 2017 Jayco Eagle CTKS 38 foot. We have had nothing but trouble with the large slideout that holds the kitchen and couch. It will not close completely. The entire motor and gear kits have been replaced on both sides and it worked four times and now we are still experiencing problems. I have never operated the slides without electric hook-up or without being level. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem.
wchaffin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #2

Yep. It's a 2018 Model 321 RSTS...big slide in the kitchen. Going back to CW tomorrow to drop it off for repairs, we hope.

Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:12 PM   #3

Must be a Schwintek slide.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchaffin56 View Post
We have a 2017 Jayco Eagle CTKS 38 foot. We have had nothing but trouble with the large slideout that holds the kitchen and couch. It will not close completely. The entire motor and gear kits have been replaced on both sides and it worked four times and now we are still experiencing problems. I have never operated the slides without electric hook-up or without being level. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem.
The Schwintek slides need to be operated differently than other types, in order for the motors/gears to stay synchronized.

It's best not to stop the slide-out at any point in the opening/closing process. Also, once the slide is opened, continue to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds. The same is true when closing the slide. I've had zero problems with the Schwintek slide-outs since I learned this little secret several years and 3 fifth wheels ago.
WestTexasRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #5

Never take your finger off the button while running in or out the Schwintek !
they will get out of Kilter As dad would say .. never had any issues with ours ...
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #6

I had problems until I learned the trick of holding my finger on the button to a five count after the slide is fully opened or fully closed. Since then 3 years of zero issues.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #7

We have a 2017 327CKTS with the Schwintek slide, one year, quite a few operations and to date...........no problems......
igofishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #8

Don't forget the Schwintek slides require lube maintenance. Yes, you should hold the switch until you hear the motor noises stop in both directions. If it gets out of sync, there is a procedure to get the motors back in syn. My bedroom slide a Schwintek and it gets used often. No issues.

There are videos on YouTube on the Schwinteks.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:48 AM   #9

Ok. I spoke with a Lippert Engineer. I had watched the videos on YouTube and such, but could never get the slide back in sync. Most of the videos show moving the slide 4-6 inches to sync. That never worked for me.
Here is how to fix out of sync Shwintec slides.

1. Move the slide all the way out. If one side stops as you are moving it out, release the button. Then continue to move it out. You may have to do this several times to get the slide out.

2. With slide fully extended, push button to retract.

3. Immediately upon hearing the motors whine, release button.

4. Press button to extend and hold for 5 seconds after all motor whine stops.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 for 5-6 times.

Now retract the slide fully. Same as extending, if one side stops, release button and then retract more until slide is fully in.

6. Press button to extend slide and stop as soon as motor whine is heard.

7. Retract slide and hold button 5 seconds once all motor whine stops.

8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 for 5-6 cycles.

Enjoy your new working/synced slideout. ��
Old 04-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #10

Another concern many may not be aware of. The out riggers or frame supports under that kitchen slide reports they are bending.Spoke with Lippert last week.The problem was serious enough for Lippert to make a repair kit avaible.They told me if JAYCO didn't want to do the repair.Have are dealer call Lippert direct for the kit.Lippert tech told me once they start bending they only get worse!The bending in mine were only detectable with calipers.Once they bend enough your Schwintec slide won;t be happy, nor will you!As usual nothing from Jayco!
Attached Thumbnails
Out riggers kit.slide.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger View Post
The Schwintek slides need to be operated differently than other types, in order for the motors/gears to stay synchronized.

It's best not to stop the slide-out at any point in the opening/closing process. Also, once the slide is opened, continue to hold the switch for an additional 5 seconds. The same is true when closing the slide. I've had zero problems with the Schwintek slide-outs since I learned this little secret several years and 3 fifth wheels ago.
I agree. I have the Schwintek slide system in my Aerolite (with same problems reported on those forums as well). Almost the entire passenger side is a slide (couch and dinette). I saw the same tips from Lippert when I first got the trailer in 2013. I never stop the open or close cycle and I count to 10 after it stops during open and close. I also used the Lippert recommended lubricant. It has worked fine for me.

I keep reading all of the horror stories. I get my new North Point in a few weeks so we will see if the same holds true.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #12

Just took out my 2017 ckts out of storage, was having issue with slideout, couldn't get the motors synched. Tried your procedure, worked😎
Was getting frustrated as I haven't even used the unit yet!

Thanks again
glennhillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:15 PM   #13

We have a 2017 Jayco Eagle 291 rsts. We too had problems with one of our slides getting crooked "out of time". Without going thru all the return trips to our dealer and what they did, I'll just tell you what fixed our problem. My wife happened to read of this same problem on another forum. It seems that the slides have two "supports" that act kinda like arms underneath the slides. When you retract the slide, these supports slide back into their own "housings". In our case, somehow one of the housings had been "wallowed" out, the unit was brand new so it must have been bent at the factory, not sure. The other housing was not bent, so when we tried to retract the slide, the arm on the bent side would would get out of sequence. The solution was to install a shim underneath the support in the bent housing. The shim took away the ability of the arm to jump time. Sorry if this is confusing but our slide hasn't malfunctioned since. Good luck, i know its frustrating. Hope this helps you.
Doos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:57 AM   #14

That is not a schwintec with the under arms.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:14 AM   #15

Could you post a pic seems like many have these problems.It was not a frame support? Thanks
Old 05-31-2018, 11:18 AM   #16

Watch those frame supports/ out riggers for bending or flexing under the slide!Should be one support for each roller under slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Out riggers kit.slide.jpg  
Old 06-04-2018, 05:44 PM   #17

Not with that slide....same year and model but having retracting problems with dining room/right side. I have to lift up and push the back corner of the slide to get it over the lift 'hump' and then it goes in fine. Taking unit to Jayco dealer next week for 'adjustments'! 4hr round trip. The kitchen and bedroom slides are OK at this time.
igofishn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eagle slideouts